Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

Maybe its the rebates on thm thats finally getting people to look? I dont know what tey are offering, but the local Ford dealer had some nicely equipped, two tone ones for the 33K range.

Honestly, that's probably only $2k off list since it's probably not AWD. Remember the base model starts at about $30k.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any idea why Flex suddenly took off, advertising or grass roots presence in the community?

Maybe its the rebates on thm thats finally getting people to look? I dont know what tey are offering, but the local Ford dealer had some nicely equipped, two tone ones for the 33K range. Being in SoCal, i can confirm that i really am starting to see them alot more now. It took a while to see my first one, but now they are no longer a rare sight on the road, just a welcome sight.

While sure, it may have something to do with incentives, etc., I think it may have somthing (a lot?) to do with the fact that sales have been increasing each month. I'm thinking that once people see them on the road, they like it and go take a look at one, and the increased sales each month means more people seeing them and thus more people buying them. Not sure if that's true, but that's a theory of mine.

On another note, i did see 3 Flex' on the way home today. Even the "its too expensive and itll never sell" Limited model. 2 of them were black Limiteds.

Hasn't the Limited made up a rather large (if not the biggest) percentage of Flex sales so far?

"Maybe it's rebates...I don't know"

Well, if you don't know, then don't make guesses.

Was that directed at me or sixt9coug?

I was one of those 33,381 deliveries for the F-Series, I traded my 08' F-150 in for an 09' a couple of weeks ago, so I did my part to help the American auto industry. I just put some 22's on my baby yesterday and it looks :shades:

Congrats! Do you have pictures for us to see? :shades:

I will post some this weekend if you want.

Thanks! Can't wait to see them.

Well, yeah! You can't talk about a new truck if you don't give us pics...that's a sure-fire way to get yourself banned! :P

By the way, congrats on the new truck!

Yeah, especially one that you brag about putting 22's on. :lol:

"Maybe it's rebates...I don't know"

Well, if you don't know, then don't make guesses.

Jub?

It wasnt so much a guess as it is an observation of the local dealers and pricing in a more 'reasonable' range under MSRP and the higher numbers of Flex'(s?) that ive been seeing on the road.

so...... additional rebates/increased numbers being seen on the road/increasing sales each month/positive Ford buzz = possible positive corrolation!

But thats just a guess ....... i guess

Edited by Sixt9coug

I hope they sell plenty at $33K and above, that sounds like a nice profit for Ford.

where's that Amarda Master..... :stirpot:

He's right here, and in America's fourth largest city, has yet to see a single Flex on the road yet.

He also points out that Town Car was UP 103 percent for the month FTMFW. :redcard: (don't ask me why though)

My Avataor is my new truck. It is a Royal Red/ Silver two-tone XLT Supercrew.

Yeah, I figured that, but it'd be nice to see bigger pictures. ;)

He's right here, and in America's fourth largest city, has yet to see a single Flex on the road yet.

He also points out that Town Car was UP 103 percent for the month FTMFW. :redcard: (don't ask me why though)

As someone else stated, it could be because livery companies are stocking up on TC's before they end production. Also consider jpd's point.

Those airport livery companies needed new TC's. In fact, a local firm advertises "take one of our town cars [lower case spelling] to the airport". Ford may lose trademark on TC if not careful.

Edited by 630land

Dammit, spoken too soon. I saw my first Flex on the road today. Granted though it was Mexican ice cream truck purple top and white on the bottom, who the hell thought that color combo was a good idea? :hysterical:

Edited by Armada Master