Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right here, and in America's fourth largest city, has yet to see a single Flex on the road yet.

Here in what used to be the world's longest little town (population 1150), I've seen two now (counting ours of course).

Edited by fordmantpw

OK, Ford sold just under 156,000 vehicles in May, down from 206,000 in 2008.

In June 2008 they sold 167,000 - can they match that figure this year?

Keep in mind gas prices were much higher this time last year.....

I read on Bloomberg the Annualized sales figures for US vehicles in May was 9.9 million.

Hopefully, consumers are starting to spend money again.

Edited by jpd80

Dammit, spoken too soon. I saw my first Flex on the road today. Granted though it was Mexican ice cream truck purple top and white on the bottom, who the hell thought that color combo was a good idea? :hysterical:

Purple top? :headscratch:

Unless they had it custom-painted, Ford won't deliver one that way. Roof is black, white, silver, or body-colored far as I know. :shrug:

I have seen many black with white tops. Eye-catching.

Unless they had it custom-painted, Ford won't deliver one that way. Roof is black, white, silver, or body-colored far as I know. :shrug:

I thought that you couldn't get a black Flex with a white top - silver or body color only.

In your defense though, the silver is very light and looks white against a black car.

I thought that you couldn't get a black Flex with a white top - silver or body color only.

In your defense though, the silver is very light and looks white against a black car.

May have been silver, you are right. Or it may not have been black. Isn't there a dark cherry sort of color available also?

May have been silver, you are right. Or it may not have been black. Isn't there a dark cherry sort of color available also?

Cinnamon is probably what you are thinking of for the dark cherry...kinda reddish/brownish/rustish. We were torn between that and red-fire. IMHO, the red fire/white roof combo we have is the best looking I've seen. I haven't seen black yet though...

Maybe the dark ink blue? It really takes the right lighting to differintiate the ink blue from black, for whatever reason especially in the Flex. The dark ink blue almost looks like the Amethyst color from the 2007 Edge/MKX. The Cinnamon is pretty light - would be hard to confuse it with black.

Maybe the dark ink blue? It really takes the right lighting to differintiate the ink blue from black, for whatever reason especially in the Flex. The dark ink blue almost looks like the Amethyst color from the 2007 Edge/MKX. The Cinnamon is pretty light - would be hard to confuse it with black.

Well, with all the rain we've had here lately, it's hard to tell any color apart from another. :rant: At least the last couple days have been nice. :shades:

I would think you can.....that'd be stupid if you couldn't. Flex is available with a white, silver, or body colored roof. I think they should also offer a black roof option, but they don't.

Don't shoot the messenger, I had to do a double take on it too.

Oddly, after I posted this, I have now seen my second Flex, this one was single tone light blue from top to bottom. I woulda figured my first couple of Flexs woulda had the mini-Cooper paint scheme but go figure.

Don't shoot the messenger, I had to do a double take on it too.

Oddly, after I posted this, I have now seen my second Flex, this one was single tone light blue from top to bottom. I woulda figured my first couple of Flexs woulda had the mini-Cooper paint scheme but go figure.

Ours is the only one I've seen with the two-tone...all the others have been a solid color.

My wife regularly sees a black one with a silver top...I'd love to see it as I think that'd be an awesome combo.

Sort of anecdotal, but my dealer said they got 3 Fusion Hybrids and have sold 2 of them already. I thought I had read that hybrid was fairly limited (20-25k, perhaps? Help, anyone?). But, it's not really clear whether the hybrid is even profitable, so they wouldn't increase production (if they even can?).

Anyway, I did like the stats for total hybrid sales. I would think if they can make the hybrid line profitable, I would love to see the day that Ford ends up selling the most hybrids.

Sort of anecdotal, but my dealer said they got 3 Fusion Hybrids and have sold 2 of them already. I thought I had read that hybrid was fairly limited (20-25k, perhaps? Help, anyone?). But, it's not really clear whether the hybrid is even profitable, so they wouldn't increase production (if they even can?).

Anyway, I did like the stats for total hybrid sales. I would think if they can make the hybrid line profitable, I would love to see the day that Ford ends up selling the most hybrids.

I think Fusion Hybrid production is somewhere around that 20-25K number, as you said. Ford has said that it's Hybrid program (all it's hybrids together) is now profitable. I'm not sure if it's still the case, I don't believe they can increase production due to battery supply.