Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i typically see about one 2010 fusion per day here in orange and la county. im really surprised to see them showing up so quickly!

You're lucky. I have yet to see a 2010 on the road. I've seen a few 09's with paper plates, but no 2010's yet. I don't travel too far for work on the freeway though (6 miles), maybe if I went further and stayed on longer I'd see a few.

You're lucky. I have yet to see a 2010 on the road. I've seen a few 09's with paper plates, but no 2010's yet. I don't travel too far for work on the freeway though (6 miles), maybe if I went further and stayed on longer I'd see a few.

I see several a day in Central Ohio. They really look sharp on the road.

As to be expected from Fox, I happened to see a news headline from Neil Cavuto that said May auto sales down for both GM and Ford, no mention of of the much bigger losses by the Japanese, or that it was their best month since last July.. :banghead:

Although it's hard to feel good about the numbers when we're still down from last year, and last year's sales were dismal, and way down from 07, and 06, and 05, etc.

On another note, I saw my first 2010 Fusion on the road the other day, looked soooooooo much better than last years, it looks great out on the road.

And good to see G8 sales doing good, I guess the "FWD 4 banger in every car mafia" was wrong again.

Think about those G8 sales, for a moment.

First, there are HUGE rebates on them. Second, you can all of your GM points on them, and you get bonus points also. Third, Pontiac is a dying brand, and people figure they better get one, at a great deal, while they can.

Many people on GMI have bought one recently, for all of the above reasons. One of the moderators just got his G8 GT for $10K off sticker.

First, there are HUGE rebates on them. Second, you can all of your GM points on them, and you get bonus points also. Third, Pontiac is a dying brand, and people figure they better get one, at a great deal, while they can.

Many people on GMI have bought one recently, for all of the above reasons. One of the moderators just got his G8 GT for $10K off sticker.

I had a mate who traded his modified G6 for his dream G8. Personally, I think it's an amazing car. Such a shame considering they are worth more then what they are been given away for. I suppose it's a buyers market.

Who cares? It's a great car, and probably the best bang for the buck out there, I might just get one myself.

Just think how they'd be selling if it had a ford oval on it.

And last I checked, everything out there has huge rebates right now in this market.

RWD isn't dead

Ford designed the 05 Mustang to be profitable at 100K units a year...at 8K units a month thats more then 100K a year..

No it's not. 8K X 12 = 96K, and that's assuming every months will be like May. Mustangs don't sell during winter, so yeah... they aren't at 100k. Then again, with the economy's situation, it's normal to not meet sales expectations.

I've seen 2 Fusions and 1 Milan Hybrid.

As to be expected from Fox, I happened to see a news headline from Neil Cavuto that said May auto sales down for both GM and Ford, no mention of of the much bigger losses by the Japanese, or that it was their best month since last July.. :banghead:

Yep. Not just Fox but a lot of other news stations have failed to mention that Ford did better than all of the Jpanese brands also,

Although it's hard to feel good about the numbers when we're still down from last year, and last year's sales were dismal, and way down from 07, and 06, and 05, etc.

True, very true. With GM and Chrysler firing thousands more and 10's of thousands of people in car dealerships losing there jobs starting now and dragging into 2010, it is hard to imagine car sale getting much better in 2010CY.

Yes, Ford has some wonderful new cars hitting the showroom now. The Fiesta is less than 9 months away. New truck powertrains next year also. Will anyone have the money to buy them ?

Stimulus II is coming ! The bailout of the states. More than 40 states are expected to have a defect (lead, of course, by CA !) Our great grandchildren will have to pay for that.

Some good news for Ford. GM's numbers are heavily subsidized by outstanding incentives. The G8 is no exception, I see tons of them now! Sell them in Spring and watch them struggle in Winter ;)

I'm not sure how sustainable those Fusion numbers are considering the fire-sale to move the 2009's off the lot. We'll know more next month, but I hope we are seeing a new trend. The Escape is also holding its numbers quite well!

I'm shocked to see Mercury outselling Buick, although Buick is starving for product at this moment. I'm not shocked to see Lincoln outselling Cadillac, in fact I expect Caddy to continue to struggle while Lincoln maintains steady growth. I believe the new SRX will be the first car Caddy will sell consistently, paving the way for a more sustainable and profitable future for the brand. Buick and GMC are not sustainable, good luck rebranding defunct Saturns as Buick!

The Expedition and Navigator are struggling, not surprisingly of course. With new fuel economy standards and changing consumer interests, is it time to put these product to bed? I certainly don't expect further investment, and we can see there is nothing new in the works for those vehicles.

Some good news for Ford. GM's numbers are heavily subsidized by outstanding incentives.

Please don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Ford's spike in Fusion sales was "heavily subsidized" by incentives. Not widely advertised but dealers had some super deals on '09 Fusions in both April and May.

Honda set a sales record last May, so remember that when looking at the "huge decline" from last year. Honda wasn't really hit until September, when the credit crunch killed sales for everyone. Toyota's trucks were hit earlier in the year - just like the trucks from GM and Ford - but because the Tundra never really made any headway in the marketplace, it didn't have as far to fall as the F-150 and Silverado/Sierra, and Toyota wasn't too dependent on it for sales.

Edited by grbeck

I had a mate who traded his modified G6 for his dream G8. Personally, I think it's an amazing car. Such a shame considering they are worth more then what they are been given away for. I suppose it's a buyers market.

If I was in the market for a new car right now, I'd get one. Maybe I'll check the used car market in a couple of years.

Who cares? It's a great car, and probably the best bang for the buck out there, I might just get one myself.

Just think how they'd be selling if it had a ford oval on it.

And last I checked, everything out there has huge rebates right now in this market.

RWD isn't dead

RWD isn't dead, but G8 and its similar breeds will die without major changes in the engines and design. The V8 G8 gets 18 miles to the gallon, and the V6 gets 19. The Taurus, which is a significantly larger car, gets 21 and is supposed to improve on it for the 2010.

The Expedition and Navigator are struggling, not surprisingly of course. With new fuel economy standards and changing consumer interests, is it time to put these product to bed? I certainly don't expect further investment, and we can see there is nothing new in the works for those vehicles.

well part of the slump in expedition sales could be from the shifting of the site of production. we have zero expeditions on the lot, waiting for orders from factory to show up, and a few dealers around us have the same problem.

isnt the exp/nav supposed to be refreshed for the '11 model year?

Well some vice president from Government Motors was on the tube and said they can't break even until sales are above 10 million.

Remember, every American owns a piece if that company now.

If it isn't already abundantly clear by now: General Motors is not Ford.

Good Lord you people are uptight..

Where are these "facts"?

The first line of the first paragraph of the sales release:

New products helped Ford Motor Company achieve its highest market share in three years, even as Ford decreased incentive spending in May.

Maybe you didn't read that far down?

The first line of the first paragraph of the sales release:

Maybe you didn't read that far down?

So that means dealers aren't giving any? Every dealer I pass by I see them, my comment was based on my experience, and in response to the comment implying G8 sales are only high due to "incentives". It's like some people just can't admit to themselves that it's an incredible car, and an incredible value even at full price. This isn't a political forum or a college class, do I need to footnote my posts to be accepted here now?