ECOBOOST ENGINE

When will it be available in the Fusion Sport?

Hi Toby. :D Unfortunately, at this point there are no publicly known plans to place the EcoBoost engine in the Fusion.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

How long will Ford hold on to the Volvo T5-based 5-cylinder Duratec ST engines (the ones found in European Fords)?

For example the Kuga was introduced in late 2007 and went on sale early 2008.

Its a fairly new model, by 2011 it will only be 4 years old.

Recently it was given a 5-cylinder turbo option.

Does Ford plan to replace its optional Volvo T5-based engine with a 4-cylinder EB during its mid-cycle update, or will they wait for the next generation version?

Edited by AM2

How long will Ford hold on to the Volvo T5-based 5-cylinder Duratec ST engines (the ones found in European Fords)?

I can't be specific, but the T5 is a "dead man walking". Same with the Volvo SI6.

If Volvo does get sold, they may live on. If not, Volvo was told last year that they had better start planning on using Ford designed and built powertrains. Big cost savings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Is the 5.0L Coyote engine an EB engine or normally aspirated?

What vehicles will it appear in? I presume the Mustang, F-150, and Expedition?

Will this arrive for the 2001 model year?

I assume you mean 2010. It should appear in at least the Mustang next year. It'll likely replace the 4.6 in most applications, so it'll probably be seen in the F-150. Unknown about the Expy/Navi for now though.

I assume you mean 2010. It should appear in at least the Mustang next year. It'll likely replace the 4.6 in most applications, so it'll probably be seen in the F-150. Unknown about the Expy/Navi for now though.

Sorry about the typo - meant 2011, not 2001. Thanks for the reply. I'd like to see some type of powertrain upgrade to the Expedition EL before I make the purchase.

If the Coyote engine isn't an option, would Ford consider putting the Boss 6.2L in the Expy?