Mulally Owns Matt Lauer on Today

Mulally Owns Matt Lauer on Today

In related news...

-Madonna owns Matt Lauer in interview

-Pelosi owns Matt Lauer in segment

-Limbaugh owns Matt Lauer on radio

-Donut owns Matt Lauer in break room

Lauer is a joke, and his obvious ineptitude is can be seen in this "interview".

Mulally did a great job staying on message.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

In related news...

-Madonna owns Matt Lauer in interview

-Pelosi owns Matt Lauer in segment

-Limbaugh owns Matt Lauer on radio

-Donut owns Matt Lauer in break room

Lauer is a joke, and his obvious ineptitude is can be seen in this "interview".

Mulally did a great job staying on message.

Well, all those things are true :hysterical: It's still good press for Ford. I hope they did some close ups of the Taurus. It's too bad they didn't have Brian Williams interview Mulally. At least Williams drives a Mustang GT.

Well, all those things are true :hysterical: It's still good press for Ford. I hope they did some close ups of the Taurus. It's too bad they didn't have Brian Williams interview Mulally. At least Williams drives a Mustang GT.

And his first car (from seeing him on The Tonight Show) was a $500.00 1967 Galaxie, bought when he was working at Perkins Pancake House! The more I learn about that guy, the more I like him.

Give him some slack. Matt Lauer is on the TODAY show, not the evening news, not 60 Minutes. His whole approach to early daytime is "news light", he's the everyman on TODAY.

It a formula that worked well for him ($$$) and ratings too.

Hello, I asks direct questions and put my guest on the spot, why don't they answer?

If I'm not careful, Mulally will look smarter than me.... brain, think of something smart to say.....Doh!

Edited by jpd80

Mulally's absolutely right, though. The consumers will decide this.....

... and that scares the sh!t out of folks at GM and Chrysler !

Despite what the Man says, Ford is the only American car company that is truly free to control its own destiny and build the cars that they feel the American public wants. Add in flexible manufacturing so that when tastes change (or the price of fuel spike for no apparent reason like it has in the past 30 days), Ford can change its production mix, and I think you have a (long term) winning combination.

Edited by theoldwizard

Mulally's absolutely right, though. The consumers will decide this.....

and thats all based on product desirability and accesibility.....game on, Chevy and Chrysler have exactly what?....Malibu has lost its sparklem Camaro is niche...Cruz looks like crap....and Chryslers even worse off...

"Add in flexible manufacturing so that when tastes change (or the price of fuel spike for no apparent reason like it has in the past 30 days)"

Exactly!! Some know it alls were saying "Ford is getting it wrong again switching to smaller cars, since gas is cheap again"

Umm, is Toyota also 'getting it wrong again'? Or the other imports? Gas was not going to be $1.89 'again and again'. Who really thought it would stay low? Back to $3 again and the flex manufacturing is key to success these days, not assuming 'good times last forever'.

Edited by 630land

"Add in flexible manufacturing so that when tastes change (or the price of fuel spike for no apparent reason like it has in the past 30 days)"

Exactly!! Some know it alls were saying "Ford is getting it wrong again switching to smaller cars, since gas is cheap again"

Umm, is Toyota also 'getting it wrong again'? Or the other imports? Gas was not going to be $1.89 'again and again'. Who really thought it would stay low? Back to $3 again and the flex manufacturing is key to success these days, not assuming 'good times last forever'.

Gas is up .65 a gallon here in the last 2 months and crude just closed at $70/bbl. I would think it won't be long before we have $3/gallon regular again. Remember how outraged we were when that mark was passed after Katrina?

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Gas is up .65 a gallon here in the last 2 months and crude just closed at $70/bbl. I would think it won't be long before we have $3/gallon regular again. Remember how outraged we were when that mark was passed after Katrina?

already there for premium here $3.09...I allways know because filling the bike up hits approx $12....greedy buggers...tellin ya, a precedent was set when we saw $4.50 a gallon...I personally think they were testing reaction through SHOCK....and NOW look, we accept $3.00 no problems.....