2011 Closing STAP

I worked in STAP for 30 years, and every time a contract was coming up the rumours started.

Ford was losing money and will probably close. If the contract wasn't signed they were going back to the southern states, where the workers were getting less wages, and were so much better at building cars.

Almost everybody got scared and signed. There were a hand full of us that didn't, but not enough to block the vote.

IT WAS ALL BS THEN...and probably is now.

Look at it this way....it would be too bad if they did close, no doubt, but shite happens! If they go there isn't anything you can do. Take it as it comes and do what you can! Whatever you do don't grovel

in fear the way they want you to. I think Lewenza is a fairly decent bargainer, but he can only do so much.

Most of these rumours are started by company lackies, and the suck ups you see every dayon the job.

You all had jobs before you went there, not as finacially based, but jobs just the same. So you will work something out. AC

Best post I've read in a very long time AC.

We in the UAW/CAW can SURVIVE and LIVE without jobs at Ford.

On the other hand, Ford will be broken and busted without the UAW/CAW.

They need us more than we need them.

"Whatever you do don't grovel in fear the way they want you to"

AC

AC

dude Ford could survive without the unions. dont kid yourself now be honest. they could easily move all production out of the USA if they wanted too.

Believe it or not it is we the workforce who holds the upper hand, and not Ford.

If Ford pushes us too far we will send them to bankruptcy, they will lose control of the company and they suffer along with us.

If we give, give, give and they take, take, take we will all die slow and painful economic death while the company prospers.

Believe it or not it is we the workforce who holds the upper hand, and not Ford.

If Ford pushes us too far we will send them to bankruptcy, they will lose control of the company and they suffer along with us.

If we give, give, give and they take, take, take we will all die slow and painful economic death while the company prospers.

How do you figure the workforce has the upper hand, they are in the worst bargaining position since about 29-30years ago.

A work stoppage/strike would financially cripple them. Bill Ford Jr does NOT want to lose control of the company. See Chrysler and Gm.

Ford would be able to withstand a strike longer than the workers. Most plants have had nothing but downtime for the last 2 years the workers are having a hard time now making ends meet. Do you really think they could last longer than Bill Ford. He could let the company go under and still be wealthy.

Ford would be able to withstand a strike longer than the workers. Most plants have had nothing but downtime for the last 2 years the workers are having a hard time now making ends meet. Do you really think they could last longer than Bill Ford. He could let the company go under and still be wealthy.

Not sure why we are talking strike,there won't be a strike if we don't get a new contract as we have a deal in place till 2011.

AC

I agree. We can survive if we have to. But if the companys want to move their business elsewhere, they will. Look at GM, they are in bankruptcy as we speak, and they still have a lot of overseas business that is doing good. Here in North America, they're just about done in many ways. Same goes for Chrysler. They'll do what they want, much as we dislike it intensely. Like you said, we don't have to grovel either, much as the CEO'S, Wall Street, Congress and other elitist shitheads think that is what we should be doing! FUCK THEM!

NO LOCKOUTS EITHER...we are under contract.

You think so? Maybe on paper, perhaps. But they can always burn the paper too, you know. If they think they can break it, they'll try. Don't think for a minute that they won't, either in the US or in Canada, for that matter. They done that shit before.

Hell Ford is already building more in Mexico to import back to you and I! Well not me I wont buy that all Mexican made Fiesta while their closing plants and screwing their American employees! :angry: Im sorry to say I could care less if the Fiesta sells or not! I cant wait to see the part content of this Mexican Import! Motor , transmission and assemly If anything is made here for it its not made by Ford/UAW employees! They had one out front showing it off yesterday and I wanted to slap a " Out of a job yet " stickers on it! :devil: We also had a Taurus in the plant Now theirs a car I would buy! Made right here in America by my Union Brothers and Sisters at Chicago Assembly!! :yahoo: Van Dyke transmission is another reason I want this car to do well!! :woohoo: I sure wish we could get that Fiesta assembled here at least!

Edited by 0824sgt

You think so? Maybe on paper, perhaps. But they can always burn the paper too, you know. If they think they can break it, they'll try. Don't think for a minute that they won't, either in the US or in Canada, for that matter. They done that shit before.

of course they can... what are we doing summer? not working... sure its a Temporary Layoff... we are all well aware that Ford is more than happy to cancel orders if it doesn't fit into what it is they want to produce... who's to say it won't continue until we resign the contract? There is always wiggle room in the contract... seeing as how in black in white there is no reason to be renegotiating.. other than the common sense issue of Ford workers costing more than GM/Chrysler... the union is all about equality right?

A work stoppage/strike would financially cripple them. Bill Ford Jr does NOT want to lose control of the company. See Chrysler and Gm.

Remember the day you said this when the UAW and CAW sign guaranteed no strike agreements with Ford, just like they already have with GM and Chrysler, later this year. It will happen. The UAW and the CAW (and the US and Canadian Federal governments) know it is the "right thing to do" to keep Ford competitive !

Get serious.

Remember the day you said this when the UAW and CAW sign guaranteed no strike agreements with Ford, just like they already have with GM and Chrysler, later this year. It will happen. The UAW and the CAW (and the US and Canadian Federal governments) know it is the "right thing to do" to keep Ford competitive !

The Governments are irrelevant. Some of you chicken littles/fear mongers on here need to take a deep breath.

Hell Ford is already building more in Mexico to import back to you and I! Well not me I wont buy that all Mexican made Fiesta while their closing plants and screwing their American employees! :angry: Im sorry to say I could care less if the Fiesta sells or not! I cant wait to see the part content of this Mexican Import! Motor , transmission and assemly If anything is made here for it its not made by Ford/UAW employees! They had one out front showing it off yesterday and I wanted to slap a " Out of a job yet " stickers on it! :devil: We also had a Taurus in the plant Now theirs a car I would buy! Made right here in America by my Union Brothers and Sisters at Chicago Assembly!! :yahoo: Van Dyke transmission is another reason I want this car to do well!! :woohoo: I sure wish we could get that Fiesta assembled here at least!

Great Post

you mean a strike at the plants slated for closure.

So the world loses the Ranger and Crown Vic a year earlier than planned. They were already slated to die. Having it happen one year sooner won't make a difference to the bottom line.

good luck getting the workers from other plants online with a wildcat strike.

The reality is, no one is going to strike. You can try. But you will be doing it woithout the help of the Union. Which means you have grounds for termination without severance pay. You walk with zero, versus waiting another year and walking away with a package.

Your choice. Plan your next move well.

Oh and one more thing. You have 30 years in. Don't fuck it up for the guys that have a lot less time in.

you mean a strike at the plants slated for closure.

So the world loses the Ranger and Crown Vic a year earlier than planned. They were already slated to die. Having it happen one year sooner won't make a difference to the bottom line.

good luck getting the workers from other plants online with a wildcat strike.

The reality is, no one is going to strike. You can try. But you will be doing it woithout the help of the Union. Which means you have grounds for termination without severance pay. You walk with zero, versus waiting another year and walking away with a package.

Your choice. Plan your next move well.

Oh and one more thing. You have 30 years in. Don't fuck it up for the guys that have a lot less time in.

We could hold a decertification vote rather than a ratification vote when the National opens the contract yet again within the 3 year window. Maybe the CAW National will not be so quick to sacrifice one plant to save another. Solidarity? or Sacrificial lamb?

I say keep up the fight Local 1520.

We could hold a decertification vote rather than a ratification vote when the National opens the contract yet again within the 3 year window. Maybe the CAW National will not be so quick to sacrifice one plant to save another. Solidarity? or Sacrificial lamb?

I say keep up the fight Local 1520.

National opens the contract yet again? Decertification? Your more than just a mushroom and I'll leave that MORE to ones imagination. Go ahead, decertify. That would be like trying to kill a Moose with a fly swatter. If you think governments will step in when the company tries to become more competitive think again, you'll be on your own and very lonely.

Ed.

National opens the contract yet again? Decertification? Your more than just a mushroom and I'll leave that MORE to ones imagination. Go ahead, decertify. That would be like trying to kill a Moose with a fly swatter. If you think governments will step in when the company tries to become more competitive think again, you'll be on your own and very lonely.

Ed.

No one said to "kill" the moose. But, your idea of slapping it may just wake it up!

Besides Ed who said another union would not be certified?