First Spy pictures of new C-Max

Hmmm, any sharing with the Mazda5 ? It would be nice if Ford had a version of the Mazda5....

yes it would, but i imagine if we get a family version of the trans connect...we wont get a version of the mazda5...

although it is a possibility

Edited by Reigner92

I have a Mazda5...

By looking at the small piece of glass before the side mirror, the side profile, the rear lower control arms, the position of the brake calipers, and fuel door. I am 99% sure it is a Ford verison of Mazda5... It could be just the "i-max" in Taiwan... not new C-Max.

I have a Mazda5...

By looking at the small piece of glass before the side mirror, the side profile, the rear lower control arms, the position of the brake calipers, and fuel door. I am 99% sure it is a Ford verison of Mazda5... It could be just the "i-max" in Taiwan... not new C-Max.

GOOD ID, @_@!!

the greenhouse from A- to C-pillars is undoubtedly the Mz5

...except for the frontdoor's lack of "vent" window-let

& the cutline? over the rear door

however

the HL's & grille look more S-Max to me & my Xray(bourbon)glasses

imho

it's a cobbled together shell for a real C3 testcar

wonder if FoMzoCo could get 108.3" (or more) of wlb out of the C3?

&

hope they manage to have the C3 stretch/shrink from about 168 to 183" ovl

(cuz that's what Mercury needs for the Comet thru Whitespace ;))

ps

look at the rocker panel & tell me if they're trying for Flex-type sill-less doors?

pretty good MZ5 pic for comparo'ing

Edited by 2b2

Well to save costs, the Mazda5 and C-max should be on the same wheelbase but i doubt the rebadged I-Max lives again for the C-max should replace it. I mean why have a model that only sells for Taiwan? Its too small. I mean I love the COUNTRY and hope it gets full independence, but it doesnt need its own model.

I just hope the C-max ends up being a Mercury...In other news, my Mom is now a proud owner of an '08 Mariner!

Well to save costs, the Mazda5 and C-max should be on the same wheelbase but i doubt the rebadged I-Max lives again for the C-max should replace it. I mean why have a model that only sells for Taiwan? Its too small. I mean I love the COUNTRY and hope it gets full independence, but it doesnt need its own model.

I just hope the C-max ends up being a Mercury...In other news, my Mom is now a proud owner of an '08 Mariner!

I wonder if I could buy the Ford i-Max grille & badging for my Mazda5 company car... :shrug:

ford-i-max-0.jpg

I'd be interested in it as a crapwagon my wife can use to run the family around town, as we want a small minivan with sliding doors. However, it looks too much like the Toyota Venza, which is a very ugly vehicle.

I'd have to see the next Mazda5 as well, but the new car market is not offering much that makes me want to spend my money.