Ford Fiesta [Spied Again]

Yeesh, what was wrong with the Euro grille? Looked just fine to me. Should have kept it. I notice in the 3rd pic that the door trash cans (really, who uses them for anything else?) look pretty large and deep (width-wise).

Go back and look at the NA concept. The three-bars actually looked fine there. Don't get your panties all in a knot yet. I still remember when people thought that the 2008 Focus was going to be a 2007 with two bars for the grille.

its completely absurd that this car isnt in dealerships in the US already, there is no reason this should take so long

They have to make changed for the US market. They did not want 2 different Fiesta world wide. So they designed 1 new car for the World market. Their will be differences between the European Fiesta and the US fiesta, but they both will be based on 1 design.

You don't want the US to design an American version of the Fiesta and then 1 year later have a new and different version for Europe. You want to improve the European Fiesta as 1 platform to be used in both the US and Europe.

Finally seeing some of the US specific part on the car as well, such as the steering wheel and tail lamps. They also eliminated the light markers on the mirrors.

Also noticed on the pics of the white hatch the big block type rear headrests.

Also noticed on the pics of the white hatch the big block type rear headrests.

The seats are completely different in the US Fiesta. Ford had a behind the scene look at it's seat engineering facility and they demoed the difference between the EU and NA Fiesta seats (which are major).

The dashboard is also revised and may not be to everybody's liking. IMO, the tech going into the dashboard is simply much better.

The seats are completely different in the US Fiesta. Ford had a behind the scene look at it's seat engineering facility and they demoed the difference between the EU and NA Fiesta seats (which are major).

The dashboard is also revised and may not be to everybody's liking. IMO, the tech going into the dashboard is simply much better.

great ...so they are trying to embrace fat dummies?

Yes I saw that video report and also they said that the new design seat will be in the EU Fiesta as well, because of the so called "One Ford".

Apparently the "Euro flair" of the Fiesta that the Fiesta agents, USA car review rag writers, and numerous test drivers from the USA Fiesta test drive events, find very appealing and agree should not be changed. Or at least that is what I read from the comments.

But some bits and pieces of information coming from inside of Ford, their are many changes being done besides the usual mandatory changes to meet the USA regulations.

Borg can you elaborate on the much better tech , besides SNYC that is going into the Fiesta?

I too, hate the Gillette grill. And please, no chrome. But at least it's small.

I get the need for a visual brand identity, but man it's tough if you don't like a certain grill (or in the case of Cadillac, an entire front-end) and they plaster it across the line-up.

In Ford's case, I don't like the 3-bar. It's darn gaudy in chrome and mildly offensive in black. I thought they were going to do something new with the Taurus, and they did. Not a disposable 3-blade razor, they mad it into an electric.

I suppose aftermarket would be the place to remedy those concerns. If I really like a vehicle (and I do the Fiesta) I wouldn't let that get in the way of a purchase.

Edited by the_spaniard