Fusion Gas Mileage feedback

gafry

Please post the type of Fusion and your gas mileage

Thank You

2010 SEL 2.5 auto, 1100 miles, averaging 27mpg in normal local/highway driving without even trying. I have achived 33mpg in one trip that was all hwy 70 to 80 mph with AC on all the way.

2010 SEL 2.5 auto, 1100 miles, averaging 27mpg in normal local/highway driving without even trying. I have achived 33mpg in one trip that was all hwy 70 to 80 mph with AC on all the way.

2010 Fusion SEL FWD 3.0L V6, 5500 miles, averaging 28 with mixed rush hour highway traffic. On the one long distance trip to upstate NY averaged 33 running 70-75 mph.

The DFSO works great and I've really gotten used to driving with it.

Edited by Sundedo

2010 Fusion SEL FWD 3.0L V6, 5500 miles, averaging 28 with mixed rush hour highway traffic. On the one long distance trip to upstate NY averaged 33 running 70-75 mph.

The DFSO works great and I've really gotten used to driving with it.

What may I ask is DFSO ???

I didn't think the 3.0 V6 has the deceleration fuel shut off yet. ??

It most certainly does. At launch it was the only non-hybrid Fusion model with it. I thought I heard rumors it was going to be added to the I4's later.

It's very easy to tell when it's functioning. When I'm traveling over 40 mph and lift off the gas you can feel the vehicle sort of drag. The feeling if MUCH different in my wife's '08 without DFSO. It can coast much much further than mine. But I've become accustomed to the added engine breaking and definitely see a difference in mileage.

Wow that is insane. Is that 842 miles downhill or something? My FFH is averaging slightly under 30MPG on its second tank. And while I'm not staring down at the EV gauge all the time, I am driving it VERY conservatively, at least compared to most of the cars around me.

Currently my longterm MPG on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid is saying 50.3mpg.

Last refill was 842.4 miles @ 16.4 gallons or around 51.3mpg.

Wow that is insane. Is that 842 miles downhill or something? My FFH is averaging slightly under 30MPG on its second tank. And while I'm not staring down at the EV gauge all the time, I am driving it VERY conservatively, at least compared to most of the cars around me.

Nope not downhill. Lots of flat land around here. But mostly it's because I drive it conservatively, dont use AC ever(unless its 90+ degrees), have my tires at 52psi, and drive 90% city.

Edited by fusionhybrid85

FFH ice blue, 4200 miles so far. Cumulative is 41.8 mpg, going up slowly, steady state will prob be about 43 or so. Mostly suburban Northern Virginia driving, makes great use of EV mode between 40 and 45 mph. Always have the A/C on - sweating is just not cool.... :shades:

Please post the type of Fusion and your gas mileage

Thank You

I average 24.7 in my 2010 SEL 2.5L

70% city, 30% freeway

Only 6 miles to my office, 4 miles on crowded freeway

I live in the city and for most errands stay on city streets

There are a lot of stop lights and signs in Minneapolis

Since my post, my average has improved to 25.3. No big changes in my trips, maybe a little more freeway driving the past couple of days.

Edited by transitman

I'm obviously doing something wrong or not driving enough highway miles. My 2010 Fusion Sport AWD is averaging barely 16 MPG overall (10% highway and 90% rural driving). I now have 3168 miles on the car.

I would say you about spot on. The 3.5L AWD is rated 17 City/24 Hwy. With your mix of driving and the engine still being new will lend itself to lower mileage.

I would say you about spot on. The 3.5L AWD is rated 17 City/24 Hwy. With your mix of driving and the engine still being new will lend itself to lower mileage.

Well, that's encouraging. I kept reading all this 25 MPG stuff from a Sport--wasn't one even AWD? Anyway, I didn't expect much more from it in short trips. I did get 26 MPG on a trip of 360 once this summer, but it was all flat (did I mention I live in mountainous WV?), which makes a difference.

Well, that's encouraging. I kept reading all this 25 MPG stuff from a Sport--wasn't one even AWD? Anyway, I didn't expect much more from it in short trips. I did get 26 MPG on a trip of 360 once this summer, but it was all flat (did I mention I live in mountainous WV?), which makes a difference.

Yes, as I posted above I am getting 25MPG AVG manually calculated from my AWD sport (in dash computer is a little exaggerated, usually reads 26.4, been as high as 27.5 for a few days). Mostly highway, cruise set between 60-65. 80 mile roundtrip every weekday. 6600 miles on car now.

I average 24.7 in my 2010 SEL 2.5L

70% city, 30% freeway

Only 6 miles to my office, 4 miles on crowded freeway

I live in the city and for most errands stay on city streets

There are a lot of stop lights and signs in Minneapolis

Since my post, my average has improved to 25.3. No big changes in my trips, maybe a little more freeway driving the past couple of days.

My 2010 SE has 4500 miles on it and averages almost the same. Driving: 70% city, 30% Hwy miles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...