Buick: "The New Class of World Class"

PREMiERdrum

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/16/buicks-...of-world-class/

Blogger Bob is set to unveil an all new marketing campaign for Buick titled "The new class of world class," which aims to sell new products like the critically acclaimed 2010 LaCrosse. Lutz has said that he wants the new commercials to better convey the design and function of the Buick lineup

link fixed.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

And this is why GM is doomed.

Hello, GM, this ain't 1932. These kind of slogans don't work.

Heck, they should've just gone back to "When better cars are built, Buick will build them"

:rolleyes:

I have this mental image of Maximum Bob--feet propped up at the end of a conference table, a collection of 'so right now' dyed black close cropped matted down hair black plastic frame glasses and carefully chosen inauthentically scruffy clothes wearing advertising flacks at the far other end, and His Royal Lutzness pronounces, (looking off into the distance, because he is, after all, a man who sees The Big Picture), from on high, a veritable Moses come down from the mountain in attire that was, thirty years ago a sign of rebellion (sport coat & unbuttoned collar shirt), "Something like 'the new class of world class', but catchier."

Cue self-abnegating bowing and scraping by the up to the second fashionists, a din of approbation, much murmuring of, "a fundamental paradigm shift" "proactive brand rebooting" "market reorientation" "out of the box approach".

Follow crowd of near-identical and interchangeable flaks, with near-identical and interchangeable opinions to nearest bar hollowed out of a building that was once anything but a bar (because that's what makes it cool--it's called 'adaptive reuse'), and enjoy listening in on their disdain for Lutz that is unmixed with any reflection on their own weakness in toadying before him.

Edited by RichardJensen

And this is why GM is doomed.

Hello, GM, this ain't 1932. These kind of slogans don't work.

Heck, they should've just gone back to "When better cars are built, Buick will build them"

:rolleyes:

How about this one:

When Better Women Are Made, Faber Men Will Make them. :hysterical:

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Ole Bob Lutz strikes again!!! If Buicks are now "The new class of world class." What does that do to Cadillac?

The "Old world class that you should buy because Bob Lutz and Ed Whitacre say so" ?????

Let the #s tell the story (in August):

The LaCrosse sold: 2,816

The MKZ sold: 1,621

The Milan sold: 3,844

A few comments to those numbers.

1) How many of those LaCrosse sales are 2010 models? I doubt many of them are.

2) How many of those LaCrosse sales are fleet/rental? I'm thinking a decent percentage are.

Edited by rmc523

A few comments to those numbers.

1) How many of those LaCrosse sales are 2010 models? I doubt many of them are.

2) How many of those LaCrosse sales are fleet/rental? I'm thinking a decent percentage are.

I don't think there have been more than a few hundred 2010s sold, I believe they're still on quality hold.