Glenn Beck

Versa-Tech

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the article sums up the situation pretty accurately.

Beck is also the Left's latest explanation for what is wrong with America. Many on the Left believe that if conservatives would just get out of the way, shut up and allow liberals to re-create America in their image, we would all be better off. But those loud-mouthed cable TV and radio talk show hosts keep uneducated, God-worshipping, flag-waving, NASCAR-loving, country music-fueled trailer trash riled up and prevent their brave new world from being born.

I think the article sums up the situation pretty accurately.

Hmmm. I disagree with most of the "Left" platform. Let's see how I stack up to their stereotypical opponent:

Uneducated? I'm a college graduate. Cum Laude, no less.

God-worshipping? I consider myself atheist. Churches are for weddings and funerals.

Flag-waving? All Americans should respect our flag and wave it when appropriate.

NASCAR-loving? I hate NASCAR.

Country music-fueled? I hate most country music.

Trailer trash? I own a house, with an honest-to-goodness foundation and permanent utility hookups!

Not looking good for stereotypes.

Edited by NickF1011

How about this stereotype....I watch NASCAR....but hate how they butcher the National Anthem before a race. I really believe it should be performed by someone with a trained voice, not most of the country music entertainers they use. I just cringe when they do that.

My main problem with Glen Beck, and others....is that I don't think most of what they say is true. And they force me into defending and explaining what Obama and crew are really trying to achieve. And I don't like being forced into that position, because I'm not a liberal democrat, and I don't believe in all the liberal ideas on their agenda. I'm more an old fashioned republican, before they shifted to the right, so guess that makes me independent these days. But I also don't like our president being trashed and maligned by lies. If you don't like him, then vote him out. He inherited a tough situation, and I imagine even a republican president would have done mostly the same things. GB had already started many of the "liberal" policies when Obama took office. The test will come when it's time to un do all the policies to stop the recession. Then you will know for sure how liberal he is.

In many ways, I suspect Jimmy Carter is correct. People may not be opposed, on the surface, to Obama because of his color....they may really just be opposed to his views....but underneath it all....I wonder if it's not really because they just don't like a black man for president. I don't remember all this hatred for "just as liberal" (or more so) white presidents of the past.

In many ways, I suspect Jimmy Carter is correct. People may not be opposed, on the surface, to Obama because of his color....they may really just be opposed to his views....but underneath it all....I wonder if it's not really because they just don't like a black man for president. I don't remember all this hatred for "just as liberal" (or more so) white presidents of the past.

How short a memory we have. There were protestors holding signs advocating the assassination of our last president at numerous rallies. I don't believe Geroge W. Bush was a black man, was he? This hatred, by and large, has absolutely nothing to do with race. Attempting to pin it on that is simply an attempt by the far left to label anyone who doesn't agree with Obama as an out-of-touch redneck racist. It's a gross mischaracterization that offends me (and most who disagree with Obama) to the core.

Edited by NickF1011

i believe that it has come out that the threats against Obama are 4 times the average.

And what does that mean in relation to people who disagree with him being racist? Very little. Obviously a portion of those threats are from those who are racist, but those people, in my estimation, make up a very small portion of those who disagree with him. I mean really, if we hated him so much because he was black, why would many of us have voted for him in the first place? Obama himself summed it up nicely the other night on Letterman: "I was black before I became president."

Edited by NickF1011

I think people like him and Rush, are the biggest threat our country faces these days. They feed on fear and ignorance with their twisted "reporting".
Let me guess... you think Beck is conservative.. :hysterical: And btw, Glen Beck isn't a reporter. He's a research analyst that somehow made his way onto the radio... Do you know what research analysts do? They research and make connections... Have you ever seen his show? :finger:

How short a memory we have. There were protestors holding signs advocating the assassination of our last president at numerous rallies. I don't believe Geroge W. Bush was a black man, was he? This hatred, by and large, has absolutely nothing to do with race. Attempting to pin it on that is simply an attempt by the far left to label anyone who doesn't agree with Obama as an out-of-touch redneck racist. It's a gross mischaracterization that offends me (and most who disagree with Obama) to the core.

agreed, the racist card comes flying out at mach speed anytime the left can't explain the reason for the general population's disagreement with what the admin is doing. in short it is meant to stop all conversation at that point.

But I am glad to say more and more are not taking the bait and continuing to voice their opinions to congress and the Pres. being called a racist now has less and less power, they use it way to often.

+1,000,000,000,000

Redneck Racists? Anyone see the hypocrisy here? REDNECK IS A RACIAL SLUR. It's okay though. Fuck white people! You know they have an extra lobe in their brain that makes them ignore all rational thoughts? Also, all those irish that were subjugated in the early 20th century didn't actually exist. Kennedy's assassination had nothing to do with race. All those italians that were slaughter in NY... didn't exist. The Holocaust never happened either.

All of these events were part of a white man conspiracy to undermine the racism against black people, who by the way were the only people to ever be enslaved in history. :hysterical::finger::hysterical:

+1,000,000,000,000

Redneck Racists? Anyone see the hypocrisy here? REDNECK IS A RACIAL SLUR. It's okay though. Fuck white people! You know they have an extra lobe in their brain that makes them ignore all rational thoughts? Also, all those irish that were subjugated in the early 20th century didn't actually exist. Kennedy's assassination had nothing to do with race. All those italians that were slaughter in NY... didn't exist. The Holocaust never happened either.

All of these events were part of a white man conspiracy to undermine the racism against black people, who by the way were the only people to ever be enslaved in history. :hysterical::finger::hysterical:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Nice shootin', Tex!

Can we try to calm down a little bit? :lol:

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Carter told "NBC Nightly News."

This does not appear to be too complex, but I am anxious to hear what he really meant. What is an "overwhelming portion".

I don't understand why it is that I am able to argue with other minorities without the race card being thrown out...but as soon as you challenge a black person's views, you're automatically branded the grand master of KKK.
It's because black people are considered first class citizens, they can say whatever they want without penalty.

Other minorities are only second class, so they can say anything as long as it's not in disagreement with a black man.

White people are third class citizens, anything we say or due is racist unless it involves accusing another white man of racism.

I think people like him and Rush, are the biggest threat our country faces these days. They feed on fear and ignorance with their twisted "reporting".

Wow. That is pretty strong. Worse then terrorists huh? What about those that are only quite a bit like them? Worse then the FBI's top 10 most wanted? Sounds like anyone even half way like them should be in jail on multiple felony charges.

Just a little over board Ralph?

Peace and Blessings