Glenn Beck

Versa-Tech

I think the article sums up the situation pretty accurately.

Beck is also the Left's latest explanation for what is wrong with America. Many on the Left believe that if conservatives would just get out of the way, shut up and allow liberals to re-create America in their image, we would all be better off. But those loud-mouthed cable TV and radio talk show hosts keep uneducated, God-worshipping, flag-waving, NASCAR-loving, country music-fueled trailer trash riled up and prevent their brave new world from being born.

Ahhhhh, now I see why Ralph is so scared!!! Making me a little nervous too! Everybody knows its horribly unsafe to be in a dark alley after midnight in a bad part of town with some Christians and their bibles walking towards them.

Peace and Blessings

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but racism is obviously a part of the opposition. Anyone who can't see that isn't really looking.
Anyone who can't see past the racial component is obviously a racist. Basic psychology. Man projects his own weaknesses on his peers. It's human nature. Guess what that means...

:hysterical::finger:You are a Racist! :finger::hysterical:

I think people like him and Rush, are the biggest threat our country faces these days. They feed on fear and ignorance with their twisted "reporting".

The biggest threat to our country?......change the station when you get scared Ralph......! What should scare you is the direction that the leadership of this country is taking us.......Rush and Beck are radio/tv personalities.......they can't do too much about policy other than complain...but our elected officals are another story....I watched some of the committee hearing on the Baucus bill and the rebs tried to get the committee to post the bill, when completed, on the web for 3 days so you and I can look at it......guess what they voted not to ....and surprise surprise it was along party lines.............what happened to the transparency obama promised.......and the left can't understand why people are up-in-arms over a healthcare bill........

I don't mind Beck. I wouldn't lump him in with Limbaugh. Limbaugh is a prime example of what's wrong with the current republican party's image. He's old, fat, ex-drug-addicted, obnoxious rich white guy that preaches family values while working through his third failed marriage. If the republican party is ever going to start rebuilding itself, it needs to get as far away from Limbaugh as possible.

I certainly don't agree with everything Beck says (or his cheezy bullsh*t crying Americana melodrama-this guy and Micheal Bay should get together to make a movie), but he can be entertaining. He does present himself pretty well most of the time.

As far as those of you upset about racial double standards, part of me agrees, the other part has no sympathy. This country spent many years making sure certain races of people were treated like sh*t, placing white interests above everything. If whites are still upset because formerly oppressed minorities are still sensitive about things, well, there really isn't much you can do. Is it fair? Probably not. Is it fair for you to ask them to NOT be sensitive? Definitely not. Many have lived through a history you, me, anybody- could never understand. All things take time, and these wounds are relatively recent in the brief history of this Country.

And yeah, I believe there are plenty of people that would be opposed to anything Obama does because he is black. A few on this board as well, though like many bigots, don't have the guts to admit it.

At the same time, he is spending a LOT. He is trying to change a LOT. His policies are contraversial. There are plenty of good reasons for people to be upset.

But race is not a good reason, though it is there anyway.

Edited by the_spaniard

I don't mind Beck. I wouldn't lump him in with Limbaugh. Limbaugh is a prime example of what's wrong with the current republican party's image. He's old, fat, ex-drug-addicted, obnoxious rich white guy. If the republican party is ever going to start rebuilding itself, it needs to get as far away from Limbaugh as possible.

I certainly don't agree with everything Beck says (or his cheezy bullsh*t crying Americana melodrama-this guy and Micheal Bay should get together to make a movie), but he can be entertaining. He does present himself pretty well most of the time.

As far as those of you upset about racial double standards, part of me agrees, the other part has no sympathy. This country spent many years making sure certain races of people were treated like sh*t, placing white interests above everything. If whites are still upset because formerly oppressed minorities are still sensitive about things, well, there really isn't much you can do. Is it fair? Probably not. Is it fair for you to ask them to NOT be sensitive? Definitely not. Many have lived through a history you, me, anybody- could never understand. All things take time, and these wounds are relatively recent in the brief history of this Country.

He's old, fat, ex-drug-addicted, obnoxious rich white guy.

and here you are preaching to us about bigotry....what a hypocrite!

That might be the problem. It seems that the people who can think for themselves group is shrinking.

Well, consider......

The language may differ (in grade-level), but I've yet to find anyone I couldn't reason with, so long as they have an open mind.

There is no reasoning with hyperpartisanship.

I have typically found that those who quote Beck (people that I know personally) usually get their information from one source...Fox. That's not thinking for oneself.
People who think for themselves don't quote anyone. That's the point. Of course there are some people who are going to listen to anything Fox News tells them. Just like there are people that listen to anything MSNBC tells them. That's what I hate about the parties. Bunch of Koolaid drinkers on both sides.

People who think for themselves don't quote anyone. That's the point. Of course there are some people who are going to listen to anything Fox News tells them. Just like there are people that listen to anything MSNBC tells them. That's what I hate about the parties. Bunch of Koolaid drinkers on both sides.

And I agree with you 100%. That has always been my stance...both sides tend to disort facts based on their agenda. The real thinking person gets their news from multiple sources, reads the actual bills that are being proposed (not just WND or Olbermann's take on it, because they never tell the whole story), and uses their own head to analyze the pros and cons before coming to a conclusion.