Mercury Sable off website

Sad, but it's time had come...

I much preferred the front end of the '08 Taurus to the '08 Sable, but the Sable's booty killed the whole thing for me. I've been seeing a lot more of the '08-09 Sables around though.

Those tails were god awful. I hate how Ford did away with the HIDs and LEDs that came standard on the Montego, as they were nice differentiators when compared to that of the Taurus/500.

Those tails were god awful. I hate how Ford did away with the HIDs and LEDs that came standard on the Montego, as they were nice differentiators when compared to that of the Taurus/500.

The '08-'09 Sable's taillights were LEDs too, just not the same type as the Montego's. No HIDs as you mentioned, though.

The biggest offender was the gigantic Mercury logo in the middle of the back of the decklid to take up the space left by moving the plate down to the bumper. Some detail work around the logo would have helped.

That leaves the Mountaineer which I'm guessing will be taken off next year with the redesigned Explorer and Grand Marquis which I think will become fleet-only at some point.

At a local Ford (not Mercury) dealership, they are selling Grand Marquis'. I guess there's no problem with that, but I'd think the local Mercury dealer (different owner) would have one.

I liked the Montego/Sable. Sorry to see the Sable go.

They were "muffled" LEDs - as in you didn't see each individual bulb like the Montego, but they lid up instantly like LEDs:

Good call rmc523. Specifically, the Sable used Osram Sylvania's 'Joule' system with single, standardized LED module, including heat sink, rather than an array of individual LEDs (as on the Montego).

The Joule system is also used on the Taurus X, 2006+ Mountaineer, and 2008+ Chevy Malibu LTZ. The sequential LED turn signal and tail lamp on the 2010 Mustang employs this technology as well.

img_efficiency_lg.jpg

Good call rmc523. Specifically, the Sable used Osram Sylvania's 'Joule' system with single, standardized LED module, including heat sink, rather than an array of individual LEDs (as on the Montego).

The Joule system is also used on the Taurus X, 2006+ Mountaineer, and 2008+ Chevy Malibu LTZ. The sequential LED turn signal and tail lamp on the 2010 Mustang employs this technology as well.

img_efficiency_lg.jpg

There ya go.....I would've mentioned at least the TX too, but decided not to.