Take it to the UAW pig pen (title edited by mod.)

This was the most underhanded thing I ever saw. They tried to open the contract up on us again thinking we were going to be stupid for a 2nd time.. What did George Bush say?

"Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice... haaa ahh... we can't get fooled again!" hahahahah

I love how the national sent someone to Saline to sell this to all the lines. This guy had to be the stupidest person in the world. He stood on our line for over 1 hour trying to tell people why we should vote yes. This guy sadly to say took the beating of his life. I have to hand it to him tho he hung in there for a while.

I guess the membership as a whole finally figured out that we were fine where we were at and decided to vote "NO" this time. I think voting "no" is not saying we don't want to work. I think voting "no" is saying that were tired of the BS concessions. We were tired of it last time, and people got spanked. They lost their break times, they got the sub pay limited, they lost their xmass bonus, and not to mention many other things. I think we all got tired and finally showed the national that we are out there and were objecting to the BS.

See people need to understand that what they tried on us, was merely a smoke screen, the table has been brought back out from the garage and watch what happens now. Your going to see them try this again but offer you more cash in your pocket. (maybe $3,000)???? same terms!!??? don't fall for it people. Even $5,000 is not enough money for me to give up my right to STriKE! nor is it enough money for me to work 6 years more without a raise when I already have for over 4.

UAW WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? are you still for the worker? or are you for your own jobs!!!

Now you all look stupid after FMC posts a billion in profit. Where is our fair share for putting in the hard work???

Alan, instead of taking 10 million for your good work, how bout taking 1 dollar and give the rest of your bonus to the UAW members (workers) that made you that billion in profit!!!!! Gee wiz, people might even go buy cars!!!

Tee Shirts will be available soon see me (Chuck) on Escape Console line for more info... I'm also giving away "Buy American or Be Unemployed" Free bumper stickers, just come over and ask me for one if you work days I want to see them posted everywhere.

Edited by chucksaline

I don't really see any relevance in your argument. Union employees have some of the best benefits and pay of anybody - your concessions are such a pittance compared to what non-union workers put up with.

Straight out of college, I'm working at job performing extremely skilled labor, yet I have no insurance, no benefits, and barely fair pay ... and why am I doing that? Well, to support myself first of all. Do I want insurance? Yes. Do I want benefits? Yes. Am I going on strike to get them? Give me a break.

I realize that a business needs to make a profit in order for me to sustain my position there. The business is looking into getting a group health insurance plan, but I fully understand why we haven't pursued it yet: it's costly. UAW employees seem to think of themselves as entitled to a job, benefits, and insurance. There are no entitlements in America (yet at least), and if you want some - move to Sweden.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Peformance-based pay? By golly, I think he's onto something, George! Then again, I can't see the UAW voting for this considering performance-based pay requires employees to perform. :stirpot:

problem with ANY unions is they protect under performers......and thats NOT singling out the UAW...same could be said of GOVT employees........

Edited by Deanh

problem with ANY unions is they protect under performers......and thats NOT singling out the UAW...same could be said of GOVT employees........

Like the whole IRS and Postal Service, among every other service...except the Military. Theyll kick them out or kick them into shape.

Maybe the UAW could use a drill sergeant? :shades:

I don't really see any relevance in your argument. Union employees have some of the best benefits and pay of anybody - your concessions are such a pittance compared to what non-union workers put up with.

Straight out of college, I'm working at job performing extremely skilled labor, yet I have no insurance, no benefits, and barely fair pay ... and why am I doing that? Well, to support myself first of all. Do I want insurance? Yes. Do I want benefits? Yes. Am I going on strike to get them? Give me a break.

I

I know what you mean. I have an MBA and have been at my job for 15 years. I make $14 per hour and have NO retirement.

When the UAW workers get down to my level I'll start to care.

Don't like the pay? Find another job. Very simple.

well, on all sincerity Unions came about because workers were getting thoroughly ABUSED, however, times have changed, and actions considered the norm pre-union are now not tolerated and usually end up in lawsuits...at one time Unions were necessary, however SOME ( dare I mention Sports ) have become WAAAY too powerful AND detrimental to the cause.....ie, PROTECTING someone that has "cheated"..cough cough A-Rod anyone?

Unions have done great things in the past certainly....this isn't their finest hour for sure.

not just the UAW, but ludicrous demands with constant THREATS are now biting them in their own self important asses, and due to the lack of leverage they now have, they are finding themselves at the small end of the "negotiation" table...lets face it, they are just not as powerful as they used to be, something egos have a hard time fathoming. I just wish the same thing will eventually happen to Sports agents and their outrageous demands.....

not just the UAW, but ludicrous demands with constant THREATS are now biting them in their own self important asses, and due to the lack of leverage they now have, they are finding themselves at the small end of the "negotiation" table...lets face it, they are just not as powerful as they used to be, something egos have a hard time fathoming. I just wish the same thing will eventually happen to Sports agents and their outrageous demands.....

It's not that their not as powerful it's because the UAW is trying to maintain a good relationship with the companies. (Ford). The things offered to the company by way of concession are petty yes, but we have been giving the company petty stuff now for a while and it all ads up. We keep allowing them to push us to open the contracts (contracts they sign and agree too) and still it's never enough. They report a 1 billion dollar + profit and refuse to give anything back to the workers (a small measly Christmas bonus) that are union fought for and got 5 years back for us. Most of us spend that money on our kids or use it to pay off a bank loan so that we can buy a new car from the company that feeds us!

The problem here is, is that our UAW keeps hanging their heads in a downward position while sticking up their ass's in the air in order for it to get penetrated. We have to now start doing the opposite. We just showed the UAW that we all have a voice and with a loud voice, the UAW will listen too us. People from now on, you need to start voting "NO" until you get what you want!

We at Ford do not want pattern bargaining, were tired of it. Sorry but if you take our tax dollars (money from the govt) and then file bankruptcy your on your own my friend. Pattern bargaining must end. Ford is number one just keep watching the stock and sales it will prove itself to be.

Everyone, now is the time to buy Ford stock again. Buy Ford stock and buy a new Ford!

Edited by chucksaline

The Boeing Company recently decided to build a new assembly line in South Carolina, a right-to-work state. The company tried to negotiate a no-strike clause with its union in the Seattle area, the IAM (aka, "UAW Lite"), to no avail. So instead of creating new jobs for IAM workers by putting the new line outside Seattle, the new jobs will now go to a non-union workforce.

Going on strike is so 20th century. We're not talking about 9 year-olds working in coal mines anymore, people. Lost your Christmas bonus, dude? In 23 years working as a degreed professional, I have never gotten a Christmas bonus. Suck it up.