MY COBRA IS BACK!!

I know, I know, I should post this in the Mustang thread, but I wanted to share it with everyone cuz I'm uber-excited!!

I put a deposit down today at JPC Racing on a new short block for the Cobra in preparation for a supercharger and all sorts of other goodies. I should be getting a more-or-less complete parts list e-mailed to me shortly, so I'll share then when I get all of the complete details.

Engine ought to look something like this when I get the car back:

v4fk218-080s.jpg

Can't wait!!

:woot:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swap to some C-heads while you are at it.

That requires swapping to the 99+ style intake, which, frankly, I think is ugly compared to the earlier one. So I lose a little potential power. Oh well. I'm not surrendering that intake!!! :D Not to mention new heads and intake would be ridiculously more expensive than an already ridiculously expensive job. Just getting new guides and seals (and very likely springs and valves depending on their condition) on the stock ones and calling it good enough for now.

How many miles do you have on her? What else you doing to it? :)

Has 103,000 miles on it now. Already has a pretty comprehensive list of mods so far:

Front tubular K-member/A-arms/Strange coilover conversion

Rear upper/lower control arms/Tokico shocks

Bassani midlength headers/Bassani X-pipe/Magnaflow side exhaust

Aluminum driveshaft/31-spline axles/Auburn Pro diff/4.10 ring & pinion

Livewires coil packs/plug wires

...and a bunch of other little stuff.

I had pretty much covered the rest of the vehicle so it was finally time to dive into the engine.

Nah, you could do something like a Logan intake, which looks better than either. :D

Is that similar to the Sullivan intake? Wouldn't it require a cowl hood? The stock Cobra hood is another piece I'm unwilling to sacrifice simply for the sake of looks. The hood alone was the thing that attracted me to the car over the GT in the first place. Hehehe. And I like the snake staring you down when you open the hood. :lol:

Gotta post Dyno numbers too.

You'll prob be good for 380+ at the rear wheels with medium boost in that setup.

I Miss my stangs...

Guy at the shop I was speaking to said a Mach 1 they had just finished with a similar setup with the addition of cams was putting out close to 500 at the crank, so we'll see... I'm confident it will be a hoot to drive regardless. :D

I know, I know, I should post this in the Mustang thread, but I wanted to share it with everyone cuz I'm uber-excited!!

I put a deposit down today at JPC Racing on a new short block for the Cobra in preparation for a supercharger and all sorts of other goodies. I should be getting a more-or-less complete parts list e-mailed to me shortly, so I'll share then when I get all of the complete details.

v4fk218-080s.jpg

Can't wait!!

that is awesome

v4fk218-080s.jpg

Can't wait!!

Glad you're sharing it here Nick. I hope it goes well and keep us posted.

Well this is moving along much more nicely than I had anticipated. I go in this afternoon to drop off the car. :woohoo:

That's nice. I go in this afternoon to format and reload a computer infected with the latest variant of WinAV 2009, and format and reload a ThinkPad with a trashed hard drive (have to download a few hundred driver files since the restoration partition is just as trashed as the main partition).

I'm guessing you'll be having a better afternoon than me.

That's nice. I go in this afternoon to format and reload a computer infected with the latest variant of WinAV 2009, and format and reload a ThinkPad with a trashed hard drive (have to download a few hundred driver files since the restoration partition is just as trashed as the main partition).

I'm guessing you'll be having a better afternoon than me.

Hey that isn't that bad...could be out cleaning swears out or something ;)

Hey that isn't that bad...could be out cleaning swears out or something ;)

One of the computers I have to format & reload is a custom built job, and I have no idea what drivers it will need.

While cleaning out sewers would be considerably more disgusting, it could not be more frustrating than this task will be. Do you have any idea how stinkin' many drivers there are on for a tiny little Thinkpad notebook? 400MB worth!!!

But I digress from the topic at hand--which will soon be NickF doing one of these:

turboboost6jz.gif