MT goes for a ride in 2011 Mustang V6

http://www.motortren...ride/index.html

They were a little hard on the 4.0L, but they seem to really like the 3.7L. Hopefully the new engines translate into increased sales.

The 4.0 lived way past its use by date and won't be missed by anyone that mashes the pedal on the new 3.7.

The reason Motor Trend are gushing all over the 3.7 V6 is because they know this Mustang will kick the V6 Camaro's butt. GM played the SIDI card and lost.....

• Like 1

I am going to buy a Mustang in 2012, but I'm going with a V8. It will be a pleasure car for Sunday drives and special occasions. If I were buying one to drive every day and put miles on though, I'd go V6 and never look back. There might not be a better combination of style, performance, livability, and price on the market.

Edited by atvman

Is it just me, or did it look like that professional driver was having a difficult time controlling the Mustang around the track? Or was it that much better than he was able to safely push it harder? I only noticed brake light once, and that towards the end of the Ford ride.,,

My Audi 4 Convertable is coming off warranty and I am mulling over it's replacement. The V6 Convertable might just might be the best car out there. Same milage as the little A4 but more space. My fear of a post warrenty Audi seems warrented in that this morning I found power steering fluid all over the drive way just before a business trip to France.

"For an additional $200 or so, Mustang buyers can also order lighted aluminum scuff sills customized to spell out almost anything you want -- say, "Arthur Rocks" or "Wipe Feet Before Entering.""

I find this interesting...didn't know...

How about "Camaro who?"

How about "Camaro who?"

Man, I really have to get more comfortable with my cell phone. I know it has a camera in it but I never think of it until it's too late. Yesterday I was walking by the local Radio Shack and there was a classic photo opportunity: flabby sagging pudgy guy standing in the open door of his new black Camaro, parked in a handicapped space (the wheelchair symbol clearly visible under his gas tank), good lighting, and best of all? License plate was "IAMHOT". Classic, but I just walked by. No photo. Not even sure I could transfer the photo off of the phone even if I had taken it. Note to self: read the manual...wait, first, find the manual.

Is there any possibility of an AWD Mustang?

Edited by Sizzler

The grille looks great on there. The stripe too! I was growing weary of the lower door ones.

EDIT - I do think the Camaro exhaust sounds the best. The Mustang at least had a little bit of burble and cackle out of it though. The Challenger just sounded like a rental car.

Edited by Sixt9coug

The grille looks great on there. The stripe too! I was growing weary of the lower door ones.

EDIT - I do think the Camaro exhaust sounds the best. The Mustang at least had a little bit of burble and cackle out of it though. The Challenger just sounded like a rental car.

They cut away from the Mustang too quickly. Not sure why ... I think the Mustang sounds pretty nice, but could be slightly louder I guess.

"For an additional $200 or so, Mustang buyers can also order lighted aluminum scuff sills customized to spell out almost anything you want -- say, "Arthur Rocks" or "Wipe Feet Before Entering.""

I find this interesting...didn't know...

"Ticket To Ride"?

"Super Pony"?

"Helluva Ride"?

we CAN get ridiculous.... it's 4am here!

Edit- Would love to transplant 2011 V6 engine/suspension into my 06'!

Edited by joihan777