Ford January 2010 Sales

I think Camaro love is fading... The new engines should take Mustang over the top. I'm actually really interested to see how GM plan on updating the Camaro...I just don't see the styling lending itself to evolutionary changes like the D2C Mustangs.

Mustang continues to close the gap with Camaro. Only about 600 units this month. Bring on those new engines already!!

Mustang continues to close the gap with Camaro. Only about 600 units this month. Bring on those new engines already!!

Old Mustang nearly beats fresh brand new Camaro, it will be history when the Mustang gets its new engines Nick your right.

Ford are closing in on Chevy as a brand as well Nick its getting closer every month, Ford might overtake Chevy in the next few months its getting close at the top.

1. Chevy - 105,294

2. Ford - 99,888

3. Toyota - 98,796

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Ah, but the Camero had a much higher percentage increase. If this trend continues... heeeeey smile.gif

You won't know that until next year as Chevy sold no Camero's in January last year.

Crown Vics are on a roll UP +91% 3,144 sales

G8's down -90% 118 sales.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Would you rather drive the washing machine exciting Taurus X or the Flex? At least the Flex looks interesting

Or maybe a Traverse, Acadia, CX-9, Pilot, etc? Just a bunch of cookie-cutter CUVs without an ounce or originality or personality, most of them could have swapped badges on the redesign and any of them could have come from any Japanese manufacturer. You can't say the same for the Flex, the only CUV with any real on-the-road presence.

Or maybe a Traverse, Acadia, CX-9, Pilot, etc? Just a bunch of cookie-cutter CUVs without an ounce or originality or personality, most of them could have swapped badges on the redesign and any of them could have come from any Japanese manufacturer. You can't say the same for the Flex, the only CUV with any real on-the-road presence.

CX-9 doesn't have originality or personality? :headscratch:

Didn't matter either way, I guess- CX-9 sales in January 2010 at 1,511 units were down 9.2% (DSR adjusted) compared to a year earlier (link)

Edited by aneekr

Taurus sales up & even the Crown Vic refuses to die up +91% Grand Marquis up +111.9% Go Panthers Go Go.....

it sure looks like Ford sure are on a well deserved roll in 2010 let keep the quality up and not get complacent.

I'm loving my 2010 Taurus Limited more each month and yesterday, in a nod to the Panthers, bought an old

1996 Lincoln Panther with 58k miles on it. What a great car!

96%20Lincoln.jpg

Very true, though it's still gratifying to see the headline, 'Ford Fleet Sales Double Since Last January'.

My employer contributed by purchasing a bunch of new F-series and E-series (including chassis cabs) this month. :happy feet:

The cleaning service that handles our office building just bought a few Transit Connects and Escapes. They were out front last night.

Did anyone else notice retail sales were down 5% over last January? That's a little disconcerting. Considering Toyota's woes at the moment and how poor auto sales were last January, I don't see how Ford could have sold less retail.

Edit: D'oh. I went back and re-read...down from December. That makes more sense.

Edited by mustang84isu

Ah, but the Camero had a much higher percentage increase. If this trend continues... heeeeey :)

I expect the Mustang to rebound once the new engines launch. Not much before then though. Get it in while you can, Camaro freaks! :P

That was actually an attempt at a joke. Camero's sales a year ago were zero - so they had an infinite percent increase.

"If this trend continues.... heeeey" is a reference to Disco Stu's sales chart at the franchise fair, where he showed the trend of disco record sales from 1973-1976.

disco_sales.png

Retail sales were down 5% year over year without adjusting for selling days, but the only full line mfr. to pull in a gain YOY was GM, and that was only 3%. Ford may have been close to break even on retail volume using the metric GM uses.

Where do you find the retail sales year over year? I only see the press release which shows fleet and retail combined.

Overall great news!

I'd love to see the Flex rebound with the rest of the market...

As I said at a Flex forum I belong to:

Great news overall, even if I am a bit disappointed that Flex was the only vehicle to post a decrease except the heavy trucks and LCF.

I do find it interesting how Flex's sales keep alternating between the 2K and 4K level. I am seeing a lot more around though!

Great driving vehicle, but the Flex is not aesthetically attractive...in other words...baboon-ass ugly.

I guess we'll agree to disagree...

Judging by the goofy new smily face on it, I'd argue it has a bit too much personality! hysterical.gif

+1 I was going to say the same thing!

-----

Did anyone notice:

Lincoln - 7036 15.5%

Cadillac - 8440 (0.7%)

Big gap there for the billions GM has put into Caddy....

Edited by rmc523