Chicago New hires

tapper

I have a thought about the 1200 needed in Chicago in Sept/Oct of this year. 600 or so will be filled with those on layoff or follow from Louisville. The other +/- 600 will be filled from the general population.

1) Will the company do referrals or do you think the State of Illinois has made a deal with Ford to hire Illinois residents only?

2a) Doesnt the company have to offer the jobs to those that had taken the 2 or 4 year college buyouts?

2b )Dont they have 5 year preferential re-hire rights but with a new day 1 seniority and 2nd tier pay/benefits?

2c) If so, how many do you think would accept the re-hire? I would think those that had taken the education buyout in the Chicago area would welcome the opportunity to be rehired.

2d) Do you forsee the company trying to weasel their way out of trying to offer the educational buyout folks the jobs? Isnt the paperwork they signed for a buyout a binding contract? I would hope the UAW would make them live up to that particular stipulation.

Just some thoughts for now!

I have a thought about the 1200 needed in Chicago in Sept/Oct of this year. 600 or so will be filled with those on layoff or follow from Louisville. The other +/- 600 will be filled from the general population.

1) Will the company do referrals or do you think the State of Illinois has made a deal with Ford to hire Illinois residents only?

2a) Doesnt the company have to offer the jobs to those that had taken the 2 or 4 year college buyouts?

2b )Dont they have 5 year preferential re-hire rights but with a new day 1 seniority and 2nd tier pay/benefits?

2c) If so, how many do you think would accept the re-hire? I would think those that had taken the education buyout in the Chicago area would welcome the opportunity to be rehired.

2d) Do you forsee the company trying to weasel their way out of trying to offer the educational buyout folks the jobs? Isnt the paperwork they signed for a buyout a binding contract? I would hope the UAW would make them live up to that particular stipulation.

From what I remember the agreement stated "consider for rehire". It was loose language at best. It made no claim to preferential hire.

I could be wrong. My memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Someone on this site may have taken a buy out may have the signed document to post what it stated.

From what I remember the agreement stated "consider for rehire". It was loose language at best. It made no claim to preferential hire.

I could be wrong. My memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Someone on this site may have taken a buy out may have the signed document to post what it stated.

Dont forget about cleveland casting closing this year.Starting to wind down already.

What a great decision that would be. Take the education buy-out and get your degree in whatever field you chose. Then come back to work for Ford for HALF THE PAY AND LESS BENEFITS. Where can I sign up for that deal?

What a great decision that would be. Take the education buy-out and get your degree in whatever field you chose. Then come back to work for Ford for HALF THE PAY AND LESS BENEFITS. Where can I sign up for that deal?

if AAI goes to one shift, I will be applying at Chicago!

Dont forget yopu have about 200 plus trades in Mich on ILO who can sighn up production too.

Thats what we were told captain.hope at least some of us visteon temps get a piece of that.....

Indy is winding down quickly as well...temps are going to be all gone by end of Feb and blue employees will begin to be ILO in March\April time frame...with more ILO's over the next 12\18 months...i'm certain there is interest from some there to go to Chicago...most here are banking on Louisville needing some bodies after their re tooling...getting interesting here!

There are also Visteon Temp. workers that are given consideration also!

Just curious as to why the Visteon orange would have preferential consideration? Technically they didnt work for Ford at any point, so technically they would have the same shot at employment at Chicago vs. a person on the street?

On a public relations stand point, I think they should offer the Visteon orange the jobs prior to taking apps from the street, but I dont think Ford is bound by any contract with the UAW to offer any positions. Also, those that were Visteon Orange would have to start Ford with Day 1 seniority.

So, lets break it down for those that will be offered PRODUCTION jobs in Chicago (correct me if I'm wrong) first to last:

1) Those from CAP that are on ILO / TLO on SUB or TAP

2) Those on ILO / TLO in zone on SUB or TAP

3) Those on ILO / TLO out of zone SUB or TAP

4) Those at LAP That Wish To Follow Their Product

5) Posting in ALL Zones For Positions at CAP Production ONLY

6) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP with Production Time

7) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP without Production Time but will get day 1 Production Seniority

8) Consideration for hire those that had taken the 2 - 4 year college buyout

9) Visteon Orange consideration

10) General Apps to the public

This list is just speculative and is not meant to be how it will happen. Anyone with info for correction, please fill in the blanks or re-arrange to what you believe the CAP jobs will be filled.

• Like 1

This is trhe way it has been explained to me. Dont know if I missed something or left anything out. Best thing to do is check with your job security rep.

2) Those at LAP That Wish To Follow Their Product

3) Those on ILO / TLO in zone on SUB or TAP Including active members at ILO locations

4) Those on ILO / TLO out of zone SUB or TAP including active members at ILO locations

5) Posting in ALL Zones at locations with ILOs For Positions at CAP Production ONLY including active members

6) Posting in ALL Zones For Positions at CAP Production ONLY (all zones will include only the zones with ILOs at 1 or more locations)

7) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP with Production Time

8) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP without Production Time but will get day 1 Production Seniority

9) Force low seniority production by zone

10) Visteon Orange consideration/ Consideration for hire those that had taken the 2 - 4 year college buyout

11) General Apps to the public

• Like 1

This is trhe way it has been explained to me. Dont know if I missed something or left anything out. Best thing to do is check with your job security rep.

2) Those at LAP That Wish To Follow Their Product

3) Those on ILO / TLO in zone on SUB or TAP Including active members at ILO locations

4) Those on ILO / TLO out of zone SUB or TAP including active members at ILO locations

5) Posting in ALL Zones at locations with ILOs For Positions at CAP Production ONLY including active members

6) Posting in ALL Zones For Positions at CAP Production ONLY (all zones will include only the zones with ILOs at 1 or more locations)

7) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP with Production Time

8) Trades on ILO / TLO on SUB / TAP without Production Time but will get day 1 Production Seniority

9) Force low seniority production by zone

10) Visteon Orange consideration/ Consideration for hire those that had taken the 2 - 4 year college buyout

11) General Apps to the public

Forgot those who have RTBU fall under step 1

Indy is winding down quickly as well...temps are going to be all gone by end of Feb and blue employees will begin to be ILO in March\April time frame...with more ILO's over the next 12\18 months...i'm certain there is interest from some there to go to Chicago...most here are banking on Louisville needing some bodies after their re tooling...getting interesting here!

Please set me straight on this one...are the brothers and sisters at Indy IBEW or UAW?

Please set me straight on this one...are the brothers and sisters at Indy IBEW or UAW?

Ouch! (No offense to our IBEW brothers & sisters)

We still have about 500 Ford @ Indy. Most of us hoping to get to Chi-town or the 'Ville.

Here's hoping everyone lands a stable, full-time slot somewhere; I know we're all sick of the uncertainty!

• Like 1

Ouch! (No offense to our IBEW brothers & sisters)

We still have about 500 Ford @ Indy. Most of us hoping to get to Chi-town or the 'Ville.

Here's hoping everyone lands a stable, full-time slot somewhere; I know we're all sick of the uncertainty!

For the record...I was not being facetious. I remember conversation of a plant closing and the topic was the representation affiliation at the plant. Thanks for the "500 Ford @ Indy".

For the record...I was not being facetious. I remember conversation of a plant closing and the topic was the representation affiliation at the plant. Thanks for the "500 Ford @ Indy".

you have to remember ,,pulse thinks going to mcdonalds is worthy of paid time off,when your day hinges on food and ,well food .and sucking as an alt rep ,,and trying to keep your ass on full time so you dont have to actually work as a real person on the floor,,,life has very narrow tunnel vision,,she has no fact ,,she has no real perception of life at ford ,,her old man is a iuaw suck off,,so she thinks all of should be fat stupid and basically just like her