Lutz: Auto executives are underpaid

Ron W.

the theory of performance based payplans as perceived by the arrogant.....

No Deanh, I agree with performance based bonuses but I also agree in lack of performance give backs and firings....

The present GM board and chief executives would all be skating on thin ice in my world....

No Deanh, I agree with performance based bonuses but I also agree in lack of performance give backs and firings....

The present GM board and chief executives would all be skating on thin ice in my world....

my point exactly, hey, I suck at my job, we put the company through bankruptcy, theres still a chance we may not make it, but the Govt/ taxpayer is always there to prop us up :sos: .....and by the way pay me :redcard: , and I demand a raise.... :finger: :slap:DOH! :doh:

Edited by Deanh

Wonder what performance bonus Lutz think he deserves for helping to screw up GM, with a $50 billion loss requiring a massive Government taxpayer bailout.

Lutz also helped Ford UK who had 32% market share when he arrived as FOE chairman, by the time he left and his dull bland range of "Tony" cars got up to speed Fords UK market share had dropped to 16% something Ford UK still have not recovered from as a result of his superb leadership game changers like the "toss pots" Sierra's.

Go on Bob go give yourself a $500,000 pay rise l don't know how you "MANAGE" to live on it, whilst the rest "MANAGE" our finances on a pay cut or pay freeze. Let hope all GM employees want the same pay "GREEDY" rises to match yours for running GM onto the rocks last year with a range of "cars" that are a complete "Crock of Shit" the poor ole Classic Silverado GM's best vehicle has so much shit to carry. Don't let Lutz near the Classic Silverado.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

His statement makes sense if you live in the alternate reality of wall street and investment bankers.

AIG pays bonuses when they collectively trashed world markets with credit default swap sleight of hand.

Wells Fargo pays CEO mutiple millions while the company is stagnant.

And so on.....

When it comes to paying astronomical salaries and bonuses for nonfeasence and outright malfeasence, GM is a small timer compared to the above.

His statement makes sense if you live in the alternate reality of wall street and investment bankers.

AIG pays bonuses when they collectively trashed world markets with credit default swap sleight of hand.

Wells Fargo pays CEO mutiple millions while the company is stagnant.

And so on.....

When it comes to paying astronomical salaries and bonuses for nonfeasence and outright malfeasence, GM is a small timer compared to the above.

If Lutz is soooooooooh F...ing WONDERFUL why did the loooooooooooooooooser help GM lose $50 BILLIONS put them on the rocks, the US goverment should have seized all of Lutz's assets as he tried to retire early when he jumped off deserted the good ship GM when it was sinking fast as some way of recouping the BILLIONS of US "TAXPAYERS" bailout money that has been lost, and used to plug the holes in retirement runaway yellow belly loser Lutz's sinking GM ship because nobody wanted to buy Lutz's boring bland dull cars, not without a big huge loss making bribe.

Sorry but Ford have had to struggle to get where they are and have not been a burden on the US TAXPAYER.

Yea give them all $500,000 payrise each so they can sail GM back onto the rocks again faster with big loss making greed on the GM books, you get my vote at least that will get rid of loser Lutz & his greedy GM for good second time round, as long as the US Taxpayers refuse to bail them out again. Billions of reward if GM fail and billions more for the greedy bastards if you fail again l hope not.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I have a long held opinion that all company execs should be paid a reasonable living. Say an inflation adjusted equivalent of say $600,000 in 2010 (or whatever 'reasonable' figure you decide)

BUT

Anything beyond this, to probably a minimum of 1/3 of their salary should be made up of regular class shares that they can never sell. And all bonuses should also be paid in regular shares that they can never sell (but their estate can sell them post mortem).

This will get execs focused on the long term well being of the company, not the share price !

I have a long held opinion that all company execs should be paid a reasonable living. Say an inflation adjusted equivalent of say $600,000 in 2010 (or whatever 'reasonable' figure you decide)

BUT

Anything beyond this, to probably a minimum of 1/3 of their salary should be made up of regular class shares that they can never sell. And all bonuses should also be paid in regular shares that they can never sell (but their estate can sell them post mortem).

This will get execs focused on the long term well being of the company, not the share price !

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because not all investors in your company are in it for the long term.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because not all investors in your company are in it for the long term.

no more ridiculous than the current paradigm of managing to share price and this month's bottom line.

Let those that want daily fluctuations go to mining and oil where the business does fluctuate day to day, rather than forcing day to day fluctuations artificialy into a stable growth industry. Let business be business.

Edited by EgoFG