2012+ Escape

mettech

I saw spy shots of what is going to be the new Escape. It's a Kuga with a Focus interior. Pretty much what i expected.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/11q1/2013_ford_escape_spy_photos-future_cars

Yep nothing more then a Kia Sportage clone with a "special" rear quarter window.

2011-Kia-Sportage-Pictures.jpg

2013_ford_escape_spy_photo_204_cd_gallery.jpg

Edited by 2005Explorer

My bet is it won't be shipping to dealers until fall of 2012, assuming nothing slips.

Much sooner I think. Louisville has now finished their last increment of hiring and transfers from other plants, so all the workers are now in training. Production (probably pre-prod) will begin before the end of the year, so I assume saleable production will begin to ramp up in January 2012 (as a 2013 model) which means retail introduction in March/April or so? But I'm assuming that all the powertrains might not be available at Job#1.

^ icon14.gif:thumbup: as usual, Austin, TY :D

Nothing in stone yet unfortunately. It will likely get the 2.0 EB to replace the V6 as the top engine choice. Should be available early next year. Unveil will probably be LA auto show...

I know you wrote this pre-EVOS, Nick

but

imho the EVOS is the only non-current-production Ford needed at LA,

couldn't ask for a better match of car & demographic

I saw spy shots of what is going to be the new Escape. It's a Kuga with a Focus interior. Pretty much what i expected.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/11q1/2013_ford_escape_spy_photos-future_cars

Anybody remember these Explorer spy shots?

http://www.carnewsbreak.com/image/100169330_2011-ford-explorer-spy-shots

I'll believe what it looks like when Ford says, "This is it".

I know you wrote this pre-EVOS, Nick

but

imho the EVOS is the only non-current-production Ford needed at LA,

couldn't ask for a better match of car & demographic

Huh?! What does the Evos have to do with the unveiling of the production Escape/Kuga?

I think you'll find the new Escape/Kuga will really fit in with the hip LA crowd - it ain't no boring old box no more and Ford will want to play that big time...

Huh?! What does the Evos have to do with the unveiling of the production Escape/Kuga?

I think you'll find the new Escape/Kuga will really fit in with the hip LA crowd - it ain't no boring old box no more and Ford will want to play that big time...

There are a lot of consumers in California who don't even know Ford makes cars except for Mustang. Sure, Fiesta and Focus have made a dent, but Ford has a ways to go. They are import buyers, and when Honda and Toyota fell off, they went rushing into the arms of Hyundai/Kia.

You are correct that Ford needs to make a splash with Escape in California. And, given the introduction timing and a lot of other product intros in the next year, it would make the most sense to have the Escape intro at LA, followed up by a big splash of early production units on the floor at Detroit. Evos also could be in LA and Detroit since it has already been shown in Europe. Ford is going to have to show some sort of model in Detroit to preview the Fusion, perhaps a show car close to the final product in the manner in which Vertrek and Verve were previews.