Concept C in black

I'd prefer the Concept C as a Mercury. I just don't think Lincoln has a broad enough base to easily accept a "C" segment car, not after being synonymous with "luxury yachts" for so long. The MKZ is a step in the right direction, but it hasn't been defining enough to change much in the way of brand perception. If it got a real honest-to-goodness Ecoboosted Sport model that could attract the 330i and S4 customers, people would start seeing Lincoln differently. Until then, a high-content C car would be a simple marketing matter for Mercury as the brand is supposed to be a step up from Ford in terms of content anyway.

I have not seen the car, but IMHO, it might just have a market. With its small trunk space, it's a true Lincoln Town Car, meant for the condo parking spaces they build today. Ideal for well-heeled urbanites.

It is a small market, but check out the number of small luxo vehicles out there. Body styles vary considerably. Mercedes makes 3 or 4, BMW 2 or 3, Audi, as well. Alfa is supposed to be coming back.

IMHO, a small Lincoln has to be different from the German competition, and the MKC might just be the right approach. But the concept is a "hardtop" with no "B" pillar, and it's this pillarless design that makes the car work. Collision regs and beancounters may make it impossible. :)

I think it's freakin' ugly too. If the "concept" is an introduction of a possible "C" segment vehicle for Lincoln, I'm fine with that...if this is a styling concept of a vehicle that will be produced, then it's freakin' ugly. Reminds me of some Renault stuff...the rear is my issue...

I think it's freakin' ugly too. If the "concept" is an introduction of a possible "C" segment vehicle for Lincoln, I'm fine with that...if this is a styling concept of a vehicle that will be produced, then it's freakin' ugly. Reminds me of some Renault stuff...the rear is my issue...

Agreed, I have no problem with the rest of the car, only that hunchback on the rear.

I prefer the look of the 2012 Focus over the C, but this dark blue would be perfect on the Focus. I really hope Ford uses this blue over the Blue Flame used on the current Focus and upcoming Fiesta. It's just too bright for a car with the lines of the new Focus and its move upmarket. Deeper hues imply sophistication which it will certainly have.

I think their are many who would buy it. It's a little like a PT Cruiser, but only in a good way. Older folks will flock to this thing, but a younger crowd will look at it as well. It will be just a much better car than the PT. The styling is unique.

Many traits are ideal, like the wide open seating with the gear shifter at the steering wheel. The styling grows on you the more you look at it. I think Lincoln needs something like this, something different that gets noticed.

I don't know if I'd buy one, but it's not because of the styling (I just need something with more space with the family). If the space requirements were different I'd love to have one. Single's, married couple with no kids or emptynesters will all look at this. It's styling will turn some people off entirley. That's a given. But, at the same time, this styling will bring people in looking at Lincoln's that never would have given the car company a first thought. And that's something the old limousine car company could use.

Lincoln needs something to stand out in their field. Sure, they have a few nice cars in the lineup, but nothing is a standout. Lincoln needs to put something out there that is unmistakenly Lincoln. Something no other make in their field is doing. The Concept C, particularly the design and execution of the interior, can be that something. Go back to 1961 when the, for that time radical, Continental came out. Lincoln had done something unspeakable - they brought out a luxury car that was smaller, that had less chrome, that had less adornment, that even handled better than its peer group. And it became the aspirational car of its era. Time to do it again.

Exactly. There are people here who buy all kinds of different cars, but I'm willing to bet precious few would buy one of these.

Wrong. You mis-quoted me. I'd love to get one, but it's not the type of car I am looking at (need a bigger car for a growing family). If my situation were different (which it is for many people) then I would certainly be in the market for this.

Why wouldn't people be interested in this? A small well appointed car that can seat six and make 40 miles to the gallon. You may hate the styling, but just as many people like it.