SuperDuty takes on Ram and Silverado

Are there any comparison tests yet?

I just drove the new trucks, both with the diesel and the new 6.2. We have them on our lot. Why aren't there full comparisons out yet?

Maybe I should do one on my own... :hysterical:

Impressions:

The diesel is very quiet, and "effortless" is the word to describe it's power. VERY smooth, and obviously VERY torque. The interior is gorgeous (King Ranch), and the ride is exceptionally quiet and very livable.

The 6.2 sounds like a racecar. Awesome. Maybe it was because I had just driven the diesel, but the torque seemed to come on late. The engine likes to rev, and sounds great doing it!!!

All in all, it was a fun morning at the dealership, and now if you'll excuse me, they're unloading a 6.2 Raptor that needs my attention!!! :happy feet:

Are there any comparison tests yet?

I just drove the new trucks, both with the diesel and the new 6.2. We have them on our lot. Why aren't there full comparisons out yet?

Maybe I should do one on my own... :hysterical:

Impressions:

The diesel is very quiet, and "effortless" is the word to describe it's power. VERY smooth, and obviously VERY torque. The interior is gorgeous (King Ranch), and the ride is exceptionally quiet and very livable.

The 6.2 sounds like a racecar. Awesome. Maybe it was because I had just driven the diesel, but the torque seemed to come on late. The engine likes to rev, and sounds great doing it!!!

All in all, it was a fun morning at the dealership, and now if you'll excuse me, they're unloading a 6.2 Raptor that needs my attention!!! :happy feet:

Lucky b@stard!

Most likely you feel this because the peak torque for the 6.2L is much higher up in the RPMs than that of the 6.7L PSD. But

I'm sure you already knew this.

Give us your impressions of the 6.2L Raptor!

Lucky b@stard!

x2 :hysterical:

as soon as you (chiefstang) mentioned the 6.2 sounded like a race car, I immediately thought of the 6.2 Raptor and how awesome it must sound & drive. I want the 6.2 in the mustang... not that there is anything at all wrong with the 5.0.

Give us your impressions of the 6.2L Raptor!

Well. As much as I love the Raptors I've driven 'til now, I feel sorry for those "stuck" with the 5.4.

I'm guessing mid-fourteens, and an exhaust that won't leave you looking to the aftermarket. You can feel the torque alot more than in the S-Duty, but that's no surprise. The surprise is haw much it revs...

... And that sound...

Well. As much as I love the Raptors I've driven 'til now, I feel sorry for those "stuck" with the 5.4.

I'm guessing mid-fourteens, and an exhaust that won't leave you looking to the aftermarket. You can feel the torque alot more than in the S-Duty, but that's no surprise. The surprise is haw much it revs...

... And that sound...

I agree, it sounds awesome. Revs real nice. I drove my first raptor 6.2 today. We delivered the first Raptor to Gregg Biffle yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to drive it. Today, we got another one and I got to drive it. Very nice. I haven't got any Superdutys yet.

I agree, it sounds awesome. Revs real nice. I drove my first raptor 6.2 today. We delivered the first Raptor to Gregg Biffle yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to drive it. Today, we got another one and I got to drive it. Very nice. I haven't got any Superdutys yet.

and here I am STILL waiting for one I ordered in................SEPTEMBER 2009!!!!!!!!!!! :redcard::redcard::redcard:

... And that sound...

:drool:

I am envious! Wish I had the chance to sport a 6.2L Raptor for just 5-10 minutes!