New Flex Package for 2011

well ,here we go....another package from Ford, this time on the Flex. Just like the Fusion sport really, body colored handles, blacked out fog light surrounds, Black Chrome Grille, blacked out headlight and tail-lamps, Black Chrome liftgate applicues ( its on Limited models ) black scull capped mirrors, interior alloy mettalic accents....all sounds pretty good, until...( my pet peeve ) Black Leather trimmed seats with Grey Alacantra inserts....GOD I HATE TWO TONE SEATS!

Wouldnt Titanium be a trim level?

its an additional package on the Limiteds, codes are400A and 401A....additional adds are 5 spoke 20's, black belt line moulding ( ? ) the front Ford badge is on leading edge of hood, and roof is black, avail in a few colors Red candy, White Platinum, Tux Black and Silver

Edited by Deanh

I was just looking through the new Order Guide and I noticed that the 3.5L V6 didn't get the upgrades seen in the Edge...I was wondering if the numbers in the Order Guide represent what will actually come to reality or if there is still a possibility that it will get the upgrades?

RMC did a chop of something like this not that long ago... blacked out grille, smoked headlights. It looked sharp. I'll try to find it...

Yes, mine was very similar to this idea:

Flexsport7.jpg

and one with black hood indents:

Flexsport6.jpg

I never received an image of the rear end of this owner's car, but the chop I would've done for the back was to be exactly as Ford will have - a black liftgate panel, etc. I even had the black beltline - the only thing I was off on was the mirrors, which I made body color (and the name, I called it "Sport").

And here's a link to the original thread from last July, so nobody thinks I chopped this real quick for this thread...

----

And I was under the impression that it was an additional trim level to 1) slot above the Limited trim, and 2) tie in FoE's Titanium trim line/designation. That's the conclusion we came to at one of the Flex forums I participate in, anyway.

After looking at the order guide (I'd actually not seen it until now), I DO believe it is an additional trim level. Here's why:

-although it says Titanium "package" rather than "series" like the SE, SEL, and Limited ones, it's listed on a separate page/"box" from the Limited instead of being listed under Limited as a an available package

-it says "all Limited content plus:"

-and perhaps the best reason of all, right out of the order guide on the top of the first page:

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY

• Flex will offer 4 Unique Trims for the 2011 Model Year; SE, SEL, Limited and an All New Titanium Package (Late Availability)

Edited by rmc523

Will there be Titanium Taurus and Explorer too?

I suppose Fusion and Edge will stay with "Sports" while the more expensive cars will get the Titanium treatment.

Ford has filed for Trademarks on Fusion Titanium, Focus Titanium, Taurus Titanium, Tracer Titanium, Milan Titanium, Edge Titanium, and Flex Titanium. I doubt we'll see the Titanium trimlevel moved into the SUV lineup, judging by the current filings.

Ford has filed for Trademarks on Fusion Titanium, Focus Titanium, Taurus Titanium, Tracer Titanium, Milan Titanium, Edge Titanium, and Flex Titanium. I doubt we'll see the Titanium trimlevel moved into the SUV lineup, judging by the current filings.

Yup, and the trucks (or at least the F-150 for now) get the Platinum trim level that the cars/cuvs don't get.

Yup, and the trucks (or at least the F-150 for now) get the Platinum trim level that the cars/cuvs don't get.

When you think about it that way, all at once;

doesn't it sound sort of Backwards?

cars toptrim = tough titanium

trucks toptrim = luxury platinum

:shades:

Edited by 2b2

The Fiesta needs the Titanium more than anyone else. Profit can be hard to come by in this segment so it would further increase any profit made on it.

funnily enough 90% of the Fiesta orders we have taken are at MSRP, mind you, how much wiggle room is there in $400 markup?

Since we are on the topic of trim level names, I always wondered why the top trim level on the Fusion (aside from Sports) is SEL... why no "Limited"? I'm sure there is some money to be milked there for a fully loaded SEL with fancy wheels.