The earth stopped rotating today...

On his criticism of the 6 speed was he not aware of what L means on that transmission? Seems to me the way L works on this 6 speed addresses his beef and also alleviates the need for manual shifting.

I drive a stick right now and like to shift but I wonder if i had a manual Automatic if I'd end up using the manual shifter or if i'd be lulled into complacency and just let the car do what it wants ....within reason of course.

Edited by Fordowner

On his criticism of the 6 speed was he not aware of what L means on that transmission? Seems to me the way L works on this 6 speed addresses his beef and also alleviates the need for manual shifting.

I drive a stick right now and like to shift but I wonder if i had a manual Automatic if I'd end up using the manual shifter or if i'd be lulled into complacency and just let the car do what it wants ....within reason of course.

my thoughts EXACTLY...but whom should one lay the onus on, him...or the people that supplied the vehicle?..... :shades:

The lady across the street bought a Forte this week over a Focus because of price, and she is A-plan eligible.

Thankfully, Ford has realized that they can't "out Korean" the Koreans. They'll sell vehicles at a point where they're profitable, and leave the bottom feeders to Hyundai/Kia.

I don't have a solution. I'm just a dumb line worker, remember? This is a problem for the white-collar superstars.

Pity? Party of one? Your table is now ready...

Sorry, Pioneer, couldn't resist.

Yes, the Forte is a nice car. Is it "nicer" than the Focus? I don't think so. If it were, Kia would sell it on more than price. I guess my "bottom feeder" comment may have been a bit strong, I was just pointing out that most (if not all) of Hyundai/Kia's models sell on price. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just not a business model that Ford should be chasing.

Pity? Party of one? Your table is now ready...

Sorry, Pioneer, couldn't resist.

Yes, the Forte is a nice car. Is it "nicer" than the Focus? I don't think so. If it were, Kia would sell it on more than price. I guess my "bottom feeder" comment may have been a bit strong, I was just pointing out that most (if not all) of Hyundai/Kia's models sell on price. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just not a business model that Ford should be chasing.

A colleague of my bought a Forte.....he works for GM and also gets A-plan for Chrysler .....he told me that nothing from those 2 companies is any good....He said for a joke he went to test drive the Forte and drove out with one...... Out of pure principal I would not have bought open, but you have to admit it looks pretty good for a S#$t box.......

Hey now! Those people paid a $1000 premium for that high quality electrical gremlin :ohsnap: Oops, I mean whatever the :censored: they claimed was wrong with a floor mat that somehow caused those cars to go out of control. Those were super-deluxe quality floormats to, not those cheap non-accelerator jamming one found in Fords :stirpot: .

So far the only (real) complaint of a tweak for the new 2011 N.A. version of the Ford Fiesta is that they should immediately change the (hard plastic knobs) on the heating/ac controls with a rubber soft feel ones. That should be a quick and cheap fix that could be done immediately as well as the "font" change on the SYNC screen.

If they built the Fiesta in Mexico, as well as the Focus, it'll probably be done much cheaply than building it in the US, and would allow for the pricepoint to be dropped a bit.

The Fiesta is built in Mexico, the Focus is built in the U.S. You have it backwards.

The Focus at one time was built in Mexico as well as the U.S.. I didn't see different prices for comparable vehicles because of the assembly point.

done much cheaply

:headscratch:

I don't have a solution. I'm just a dumb line worker, remember? This is a problem for the white-collar superstars.

Focus sales were up 53% in April YOY. Apples to apples, after rebates, the Focus and the Forte are the same price. If your neighboor skipped the air conditioning and the power windows, she could have saved a couple of bucks. Or she could have gotten a Schwin and saved a couple bucks more.

Thanks for working the line.