Equinox - 13,134

RAV4 - 13,102

Rogue - 8,789

Forester - 7,976

Terrain - 5,132

Tucson - 4,395

Mariner - 3,191

Patriot - 3,040

CX-7 - 2,513 (also reported under midsize below)

Compass - 2,373

Sportage - 2,293

Tiguan - 1,959

Element - 1,378

Grand Vitara - 379

Tribute - 337

Mid-to-large Crossovers

Edge - 13,660

Traverse - 11,641

Pilot - 9,834

Sorento - 8,166

Outback - 7,630

Highlander - 6,691

Santa Fe - 6,157

Acadia - 5,823

Murano - 4,944

Enclave - 4,715 (also reported under Luxury below)

Venza - 4,625 (Toyota reports this as a car, while the Highlander is an SUV.)

Flex - 3,855

Journey - 3,781

CX-9 - 2,518

CX-7 - 2,513

Veracruz - 634

Touareg - 281 (also reported under Luxury below)

Tribeca - 226

Luxury Crossovers (Limited counts - not all manufacturers are shown)

Lexus RX - 9,116

Enclave - 4,715

SRX - 4,081

MDX - 4,064

MKX - 1,705

RDX - 1,513

XC60 - 972

Infiniti FX - 860

XC90 - 741

MKT - 709

Infiniti EX - 687

ZDX - 305

Touareg - 281

Escape and Edge are home-runs, top of the charts!

Ford, lets get cracking on those plans to scrap the Flex now, okay? No under-performers allowed here! The Explorer will get the job done I have no doubt.

And MKX should be doing better, but it's not the cheapest up there and far from the most current.

Edited by BORG

Escape and Edge are home-runs, top of the charts!

Ford, lets get cracking on those plans to scrap the Flex now, okay? No under-performers allowed here! The Explorer will get the job done I have no doubt.

And MKX should be doing better, but it's not the cheapest up there and far from the most current.

Maybe if Ford BUILT some, dealers could have a Flex to sell?

Kind of hard to buy something that is about a scarce as Bigfoot. :banghead:

Maybe if Ford BUILT some, dealers could have a Flex to sell?

Kind of hard to buy something that is about a scarce as Bigfoot. :banghead:

I wonder if Ford could ultimately move Flex and MKT to CAP making it the D3 plant

and freeing up OAP for even more Edge production and maybe another new product...

Edited by jpd80

GM sold over 20K Lambdas last month, Ford really needs the Explorer to take a big chunk of those sales.

Keep in Mind that GM doesn't offer a midsized SUV any more...The Explorer sold about 6K units itself last month. I also wonder how many of those Chevy Equinoxies are going to fleets

Keep in Mind that GM doesn't offer a midsized SUV any more...The Explorer sold about 6K units itself last month. I also wonder how many of those Chevy Equinoxies are going to fleets

6K plus 4K is still less than the 11K the Traverse sells alone. I wouldn't be shocked if the Explorer came out and moved 10K a month on it's own though.

Flipside: How many of those Explorers are going to fleets?

At the transaction prices they're selling at? They most certainly should not scrap the Flex. Explorer can go chase the Traverse/Acadia for the "I want a minivan but don't want to buy an actual minivan" market and Flex can continue it's up-market niche. With the addition of the Titanium trim, Flex now competes more against the Enclave and Europeans than the Chevy/GMC anyway. They might even be best served to dump the SE and focus on the higher level trims.

At the transaction prices they're selling at? They most certainly should not scrap the Flex. Explorer can go chase the Traverse/Acadia for the "I want a minivan but don't want to buy an actual minivan" market and Flex can continue it's up-market niche. With the addition of the Titanium trim, Flex now competes more against the Enclave and Europeans than the Chevy/GMC anyway. They might even be best served to dump the SE and focus on the higher level trims.

Flex and Explorer are both on D3 platform which is shared with Taurus, MKS and MKT.

That sharing of cost including power train and electrical systems more than justifies Flex remaining

and shows how efficient Ford now is with keeping platform and vehicle costs under control.

Edited by jpd80

Actually the base price of the Traverse LS is the same as the Flex SE...right around $29999..which makes its sales # impressive, if they aren't being dumped into fleets.

Actually the base price of the Traverse LS is the same as the Flex SE...right around $29999..which makes its sales # impressive, if they aren't being dumped into fleets.

I dunno....I see plenty of Traverse rentals running around down here.

I dunno....I see plenty of Traverse rentals running around down here.

Yep... the National / Alamo staging lot at Port Columbus sits right along I-670, which is how I get to work every day. Traverse, Equinox, Malibu, G6, Sonata (recently plenty of 2011's), Vibe, Camry, Corolla, and Grand Caravans are all I ever see there. In fact, today there was a car carrier unloading Traverse and Enclaves down onto the lot.

Anecdotal, I know, but still...

EDIT: Noticed on my way home that it's National / Alamo, not Dollar / Thrifty

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Yep... the Dollar / Thrifty staging lot at Port Columbus sits right along I-670, which is how I get to work every day. Traverse, Equinox, Malibu, G6, Sonata (recently plenty of 2011's), Vibe, Camry, Corolla, and Grand Caravans are all I ever see there. In fact, today there was a car carrier unloading Traverse and Enclaves down onto the lot.

Anecdotal, I know, but still...

I work right by Baltimore-Washington International. I see a TON of new Sonata rental cars every day.

I was thinking the opposite. Make the Flex a bit bigger. Make it completely competitive with minivans from Toyota, Honda, and Chrysler. The Explorer can chase the fad crossovers, while the Flex can carve out a niche as the upmarket non-minivan.