Fiesta Arrived

Get to work this morning, my office is full of boxes. Huh? 2 options ordered on the fiesta, illuminated interior package and Interior protection package....maybe it was me, but i must have missed TO BE INSTALLED BY DEALER!.....for gods sake ford...disclose the fact that the dealers WILL BE CHARGING FOR INSTALLATION....not going to bother me running wiring etc, but the CUSTOMER hit with a $200 upcharge to install his illuminated doorsills and gear lever is goindg to be pi$$ed, and so will people seeing ADDENDUMS for labor for an item itemized on the window sticker. Once again Ford creates a potential point of contention between sales personnel and the consumer....ARRRRRRG!

How about you just install it and be happy you sold a car?

Ummm, I think it is for his own Fiesta if I'm not mistaken...

Ford doesn't give you guys an installation allowance that's built into the price of the option?

I was thinking the same thing.

Edited by fordmantpw

How about you just install it and be happy you sold a car?

its for MY car....I dont mind because i can do it no problem, how would you as a customer feel when told there will be a labor charge?????? or put it in yourself?????

Ford doesn't give you guys an installation allowance that's built into the price of the option?

please.....that i highly doubt...they dont for the autostart either.....why would it be any different for these?...i will ask the question though, but I highly doubt it..........

Good. You need something else to do besides posting here and chasing sheep. :D

Jealousy will get you no-where......oh, looking at the Instructions...this is quoted " Not for Do It Yourself Fitment'.....and judging by the instructions its a GOOD 2-3 hr job.........@$90 an hour thats ....

This is coming from the same person who champions having dealers being able to install dash mounted GPS systems, etc? :P :shades:

Silvr...a plug and play with a PRE installed harness is a total different game plan than lit sills and a gear knob in which panels require removal, wiring has to be run and one has to splice and tap into the fuse box................

Silvr...a plug and play with a PRE installed harness is a total different game plan than lit sills and a gear knob in which panels require removal, wiring has to be run and one has to splice and tap into the fuse box................

I know I'm just messing with you, plus you can't get a dealer installed GPS (unless you count window mounted) in a Ford....yet ;)

I know I'm just messing with you, plus you can't get a dealer installed GPS (unless you count window mounted) in a Ford....yet ;)

I mean what next...order an upgrade Audio system and have self installation there as well?...oh, hey, heres your moonroof, instructions are inside...lol.....I mean WTF?.grrrrrrrrrrr!...I dont mind, but if I had known i wouldnt have ordered the feature...and I can think of a MILLION things that are of a higher priority when I have time off.....must say I am a tad pi$$ed...and I beleive consumers will echo my sentments...perhaps more so when they see thay have to foot the bill

Edited by Deanh

Your wrong. The price paid does include dealer install. Its paid on your dealer parts statement. Now calm down. :ohsnap:

I hope you are right...the sills and knob are a $410 option, i will verify and get back, musty lay off the Starbux....BUTm this is a reflection of the ground effects scenario where install and I beleive Paint is NOT included.....deep breaths....

Dean - Did you miss this post? You didn't reply to it so I was wondering if you overlooked it.

I did miss it...thx Steve....how did you determine that was the actuality....this may open a can of worms internally unless i can prove the fact....

Any Fiesta sightings? I saw a Ford TV commercial a couple days ago whereby Ford announces that the Fiesta is at your local Ford dealer right now. I take that as the Fiesta is now shipping and will show up at local dealer any day. I have not seen a Fiesta at any Metro Detroit dealer as of yet. Not a new one for sale anyway. We must be getting close now. AN reports that Ford has made at least 7,000 Fiestas through last week. The holding lots in Mexico have to be bursting and an OK to ship must be close at hand. Hopefully they are in transit now.

Any Fiesta sightings? I saw a Ford TV commercial a couple days ago whereby Ford announces that the Fiesta is at your local Ford dealer right now. I take that as the Fiesta is now shipping and will show up at local dealer any day. I have not seen a Fiesta at any Metro Detroit dealer as of yet. Not a new one for sale anyway. We must be getting close now. AN reports that Ford has made at least 7,000 Fiestas through last week. The holding lots in Mexico have to be bursting and an OK to ship must be close at hand. Hopefully they are in transit now.

mine now has the "In Transit" status..YAYYY!...hmmmm, TireRack.com already lists a set of fiesta Coilovers................

I did miss it...thx Steve....how did you determine that was the actuality....this may open a can of worms internally unless i can prove the fact....

Dean - Type FIA into the search window in FMCDealer - 1st result has the details.

It is also listed as FIA under vehicle sales programs.

I drove by the local dealer on friday last week and saw a blue fiesta out in front of the building with a salesman looking it over as i went by. Later when I drove by again it was gone, have not had a chance to snoop around the lot to see if it still outside anywhere. I live in Northern NJl Looked grea from the quick glance I got, have to keep my eye on the road.

Dean - Type FIA into the search window in FMCDealer - 1st result has the details.

It is also listed as FIA under vehicle sales programs.

thx guys, I appreciate it. As is blatantly obvious i had no idea, and it seemed silly to me that the options were not installed at the factory.....I will say this...i GUARANTEE the techs doing the installation will be griping about the designated flag time allowed by Ford.........may have to buy a 6 [pack to make sure the job is done to a commendable standard....otherwise i'll throw another hissy fit.... :ohsnap: In the meantime i'll just sit here and play with my knob.....lol :redcard:

Edited by Deanh

I drove by the local dealer on friday last week and saw a blue fiesta out in front of the building with a salesman looking it over as i went by. Later when I drove by again it was gone, have not had a chance to snoop around the lot to see if it still outside anywhere. I live in Northern NJl Looked grea from the quick glance I got, have to keep my eye on the road.

Autoweek just poo pooed the Fit in a comparison...they loved the car....

thx guys, I appreciate it. As is blatantly obvious i had no idea, and it seemed silly to me that the options were not installed at the factory.....I will say this...i GUARANTEE the techs doing the installation will be griping about the designated flag time allowed by Ford.........may have to buy a 6 [pack to make sure the job is done to a commendable standard....otherwise i'll throw another hissy fit.... :ohsnap: In the meantime i'll just sit here and play with my knob.....lol :redcard:

I guess all is well until you get a large crate with an engine in it.

And another with a transmission?