2011 Honda CR-Z

MY93SHO

Here's another one, from Consumer Reports' car blog:

[after writing about getting 31mpg in a CR-Z] At the end of the day, I climbed into our 2011 Hyundai Sonata test car to head home. The high-rated Sonata has great handling and a spacious back seat, making it enjoyable to drive and practical. And I got the same 31 mpg driving just as fast, on the same roads on my way home. And I could seat five. Plus, it costs about the same as a CR-Z EX without navigation.

I don't care about its looks. But it appears to be a bad car because: 1) it's a hybrid that doesn't have particularly good fuel efficiency, 2) it's an alleged sports car that has no performance capabilities, 3) it's a supposed-low price car that is not that low-priced, and 4) it has virtually no practicality.

The interior is breathtakingly awkward. The lack of harmony just keeps going, from the clash of the big rectangle screen mounted in an angled bezel.

500x_2011_honda_cr-z_6.jpg

Yikes! What happened to the simplicity and coherence Honda was formerly known for?