Ford won't make same mistake with Fusion

Joe771476

Eh? Last I saw, the Jetta ads were all about stereotyping Jetta owners.

Which, incidentally, I think is a good ad campaign because it makes Jetta owners stand up and think about themselves, and make others think about becoming a Jetta owner.

Bold Moves works for the Fusion, F-150 and Mustang, but I can't see it working for the 500, Freestyle or Explorer for some reason. They were built to be pedestrian cars.

RE Five Hundred/Montego advertising. And I may be wrong about this but....

I don't think the intended market for these cars gives much of a hoot about their styling, or redo...as long as the cars aren't ugly....and they are not.

My wife is a good example of these cars customers (she is 55). And she thinks the car looks good, because she is always receiving compliments about it while on her daily shopping trips.

She loves her Montego because of it's room and utility functions. For older people...she loves the high seat height, the ease of getting in and out, the huge leg room in rear, the huge trunk with fold down seats and fold down front passenger seat, the HID headlights for night vision. She really likes the overall fuel economy. She also likes all the gadgets, but she has had most of those on other cars before for many years...no big deal there.

She doesn't care if engine is 3.0 or 3.5. She doesn't care if transmission is Asin 6 speed or CVT. She just thinks this car really gets the job done for her. She didn't buy this car as the family hot rod.

When I was in school, we called these things the features of the product. We were taight to advertise these features, then explain the benefits of those features. Features...benefits...where are the ads?

RE Five Hundred/Montego advertising. And I may be wrong about this but....

I don't think the intended market for these cars gives much of a hoot about their styling, or redo...as long as the cars aren't ugly....and they are not.

My wife is a good example of these cars customers (she is 55). And she thinks the car looks good, because she is always receiving compliments about it while on her daily shopping trips.

She loves her Montego because of it's room and utility functions. For older people...she loves the high seat height, the ease of getting in and out, the huge leg room in rear, the huge trunk with fold down seats and fold down front passenger seat, the HID headlights for night vision. She really likes the overall fuel economy. She also likes all the gadgets, but she has had most of those on other cars before for many years...no big deal there.

She doesn't care if engine is 3.0 or 3.5. She doesn't care if transmission is Asin 6 speed or CVT. She just thinks this car really gets the job done for her. She didn't buy this car as the family hot rod.

When I was in school, we called these things the features of the product. We were taight to advertise these features, then explain the benefits of those features. Features...benefits...where are the ads?

The promotion of the unique features of the 500 and the safety are the strongest points of the 500. But I still believe the Bold Moves route would be a bad one, because it may even well turn off buyers who don't want a bold car.

The promotion of the unique features of the 500 and the safety are the strongest points of the 500. But I still believe the Bold Moves route would be a bad one, because it may even well turn off buyers who don't want a bold car.

Bold is not a strong word. Built FORD Tough is the better slogan and it encompasses the Bold word as pertains to automobile advertising. CARS CAN BE BUILT FORD TOUGH AS WELL AS TRUCKS. Btw who determines whats Bold? This Bold thing is not catchy and was a waste, Sales will continue to drop.

Bold is not a strong word. Built FORD Tough is the better slogan and it encompasses the Bold word as pertains to automobile advertising. CARS CAN BE BUILT FORD TOUGH AS WELL AS TRUCKS. Btw who determines whats Bold? This Bold thing is not catchy and was a waste, Sales will continue to drop.

With the 500's perceived reliability (a positive point), Built Ford Tough actually might resonate well.

How are you going to promote the safety of a car with numerous complaints about airbag issues, and Fords inability to fix them?

How well documented are these issues, besides one person complaining in the D3 board? That's the only place I've ever seen anyone mention the problem. Any links to articles documenting frequency?

What isn't common, isn't published; what isn't published, isn't known.

:fan:

How well documented are these issues, besides one person complaining in the D3 board? That's the only place I've ever seen anyone mention the problem. Any links to articles documenting frequency?

What isn't common, isn't published; what isn't published, isn't known.

Its Common knowledge and published. Ford sucks. All the papers, Tv outlets, BIz publications would have u believe Ford puts either 3 or 5 wheels on a car with a scooter engine. :fan: Mexican customer is now needed to boost NA market share because US aint coming back for at least 5 years. Police are starting the Charger Shift, :fan:

Its Common knowledge and published. Ford sucks. All the papers, Tv outlets, BIz publications would have u believe Ford puts either 3 or 5 wheels on a car with a scooter engine. Mexican customer is now needed to boost NA market share because US aint coming back for at least 5 years. Police are starting the Charger Shift,

Only thing fully of shit is you -- I did a google search for [ford "five hundred" "airbag light"], probed through the results, and found exactly one item, posted on this site by a user, about an airbag issue (with a freestyle as it turned out). If there is an issue, it is very limited in scope at worst.

I am fairly concerned about the D3's, since I intend to purchase one in a year (once my insurance rates go down -- not specifically related to the 3.5L or redesign, though that helps too). Don't go maligning a perfectly good product (about as American as you can get, no less) because you feel personally screwed by Ford.

Also: Since you hate Mexicans so much, maybe you could learn to speak English yourself! Contrary to popular belief, smilies should not be used in a sentence.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I like how some people view one singular person's claims as a valid serious problem that affects every single unit of that product. Aside from taking a vehicle to the dealership, there is ONLY one correct thing to do, which is file a complaint with the NHTSA because they are the only ones who care and can track a trend if there a trend to track. Some idiot crying on a forum is nothing, and accomplishes absolutely nothing, especially considering that they apparently have not filed an Official complaint yet.

Let's see here, there have been 43 complaints filed with the NHTSA on 2005 models and 8 complaints on 2006 models of the FiveHundred, and only 1 involved an airbag at all. In fact, the complaint was quite opposite of this "supposed" dangerous trend. The person complained that they was in an accident that did a lot of damage to the front end, but the air bags did not deploy. I hardly see this as being a "real" problem as the airbags are set-off by a certain amount of impact, not the amount of visual damage. In all likelihood, the system did not deploy because the impact was not great enough. There were no injuries, which only furthur validates that the impact was not high enough for the airbags to deploy.

But to the point, since the FiveHundred's introduction to the market, there has not been one single complaint filed regarding airbags deploying unexpectedly, so anyone claiming it's a problem is an idiot, and does not know what they are talking about. Perhaps you could get a job as an Auto Industry Analyst as you seem to meet the single major requirement.

Edited by KWMJ-KTP

• 2 weeks later...
But to the point, since the FiveHundred's introduction to the market, there has not been one single complaint filed regarding airbags deploying unexpectedly, so anyone claiming it's a problem is an idiot, and does not know what they are talking about.

To be fair, the problem wasn't with the airbag deploying unexpectedly, but with the airbag light indicating a fault with the system that would prevent it from deploying at all.