Should BORG's poll be binding?

POLL  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should BORG's poll be binding?

• Heck Yes!!!
    • No
    • Look. I know I waste a lot of time here, but this is getting ridiculous.

Hey, I'm game! I need somebody to make this decision for me so why not! If the poll results appear to be legit, I'll lease the winner! Of course, i'll need to decide by Monday.

If Edge wins, I'll run off and place my order! If MKS wins, I'll have it Monday night.

Hey, I'm game! I need somebody to make this decision for me so why not! If the poll results appear to be legit, I'll lease the winner! Of course, i'll need to decide by Monday.

If Edge wins, I'll run off and place my order! If MKS wins, I'll have it Monday night.

I voted "No"

cuz you might be soooo sorry, BORG,

unless you wait until (just) after Labor Day to see the newest Lincoln

I voted "No"

cuz you might be soooo sorry, BORG,

unless you wait until (just) after Labor Day to see the newest Lincoln

The MKS is gaining ground and I think I've been convinced to go back to the MKS. It's a deal hard to pass up, it really is an amazing car that is going to be fun in a different way. And it's only 2 years, the shortest lease I've personally ever had...I'll probably be annoyed when I have to give it back so soon ;). Hopefully, by that time, the Edge/MKX will be more reasonable.

BTW: Borg, shouldn't your house be full by now? Or are you a hoarder, and you *need* to buy big items at Costco?

It's not like I'm buying a MKX full of stuff every week. It's those occasions when I want to buy something large or bulky like a new lawnmower, office chair, desk, or iMac :). I guess I should bring a pair of bungy cords with me to tie the stuff to my roof ;). I could also take stuff out of the box so I should bring a box cutter when I need it.

It's not like I'm buying a MKX full of stuff every week. It's those occasions when I want to buy something large or bulky like a new lawnmower, office chair, desk, or iMac :). I guess I should bring a pair of bungy cords with me to tie the stuff to my roof ;). I could also take stuff out of the box so I should bring a box cutter when I need it.

Costco has a website. Have it delivered.

Costco has a website. Have it delivered.

They don't sell all of their stuff online. I'll get by, I've done it before. I have access to a Mariner if I need it.

I also do allot of landscaping and gardening, hauling flats of lowers for the next two years is going to be trickier. I'm guessing this isn't the type of car for do-it-yourselfers ;)

Edited by BORG

If you can't get an iMac box in the back seat of your car.....

As to the rest of the stuff? On a two year lease you're buying a new lawn mower or office chair? ? ??? The lifespan on a mower is less than two years now? Your office chairs break that often?

Borrow your dad's Ranger.

If you can't get an iMac box in the back seat of your car.....

As to the rest of the stuff? On a two year lease you're buying a new lawn mower or office chair? ? ??? The lifespan on a mower is less than two years now? Your office chairs break that often?

Borrow your dad's Ranger.

What about a hot water heater? I had to haul back a defective hot water heater last December, that definitely wouldn't be possible with an MKS ;). And you're right, you don't buy these things all the time...but these are just recent examples of bulky purchases. Dad's Ranger was exchanged for a Fusion 2 years ago. I'm going to try and convince him (now that he's in retirement) to go grab himself a pick'em-up truck again so I can borrow it ;).

What about a hot water heater? I had to haul back a defective hot water heater last December, that definitely wouldn't be possible with an MKS ;). And you're right, you don't buy these things all the time...but these are just recent examples of bulky purchases. Dad's Ranger was exchanged for a Fusion 2 years ago. I'm going to try and convince him (now that he's in retirement) to go grab himself a pick'em-up truck again so I can borrow it ;).

A hot water heater? If I'm you, I'm having that delivered. And yeah. Best thing you can do is make friends with a guy with a truck. Or convince your dad that now that he's retired, he needs an old-man truck.

Edited by RichardJensen

Borg, is this poll moot since you said you're going for the 2011 MKX now?

Not necessarily, the Edge is still on the table and it's still winning ;). But I'm wiling to pay handsomely to have the MKX so I would say it's the more likely option. It's what I want, I'm not going to quibble over a few Grants here and there a month unless I have to start tossing quite a few more Benjamins on the table each month. Early pricing is promising however now that I've adjusted my budget ;).

Edited by BORG