Firebird crash caught on radio car dash cam

JW

WOW! :ohsnap:

I thought it was a run away toyota at first! :hysterical:

Seriously, the car did a hard left turn as soon as it went airborn, if it wasn't for that, and he would of head-on into the post he would of been dead no question.

the car rotating to the left and hitting side on made it spin through the hit which would of dissapated a lot of energy...luckily for the 19 year old.

My money is on the guy being suicidal. He probably counted on hitting the guardrail head-on and ending it all right there.

It did look like he drove straight off the road as opposed to losing control. I think he was trying to hit the bridge support head on as opposed to the guard rail, but the guard rail launched him.

It did look like he drove straight off the road as opposed to losing control. I think he was trying to hit the bridge support head on as opposed to the guard rail, but the guard rail launched him.

Far more likely scenario? He was trying to pass the unmarked police car on the inside shoulder and had a lot less room than he thought he did and the banking of the median caused him to drift further to the left. I mean really, if your plan is to kill yourself in a car, there are much more surefire ways to do it.

Far more likely scenario? He was trying to pass the unmarked police car on the inside shoulder and had a lot less room than he thought he did and the banking of the median caused him to drift further to the left. I mean really, if your plan is to kill yourself in a car, there are much more surefire ways to do it.

Maybe phone texting.... :shift:

ether way... Darwin missed this one.

Maybe - just didn't look like he lost control or was trying to turn away. Doesn't really matter I suppose.

Maybe - just didn't look like he lost control or was trying to turn away. Doesn't really matter I suppose.

Well, "control" is relatively difficult to determine when watching a vehicle travelling at 100+ MPH. Just because it's going sorta straight doesn't mean it's going straight where he wanted it to.