Ford Explorer Interceptor

If I wanted to bitch just to bitch, I would complain about the price. $47k is more than Borg is spending on his MkX and he gets the snobby Lincoln badge, and that doesn't mean anything to me. I don't care about the price because I love this car.

What I don't like is trying to figure out who is Starsky and who is Hutch before the wife and I go out in it. I don't like the fact that in 6 years when my youngest is off to college, the resale value on my babied car has to duke it out with cars being auctioned off by every local municipality. I could care less what the resale value of my Focus is because I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off, but when we downsize from this one, I want something to put down on the new car, not buy a pack of gum.

Starsky is the one with the dark hair who drives. Hutch has the blond hair. Neither is female.

A babied top of the line vehicle is never going to be compared to a beat all to hell ex-cop car by any buyer in the used car market.

A municipality buying a vehicle and making it into a police vehicle and an auto company making a dedicated police vehicle out of a civilian one is totally different.

Yeah, like all of the new Super Duties that the RCMP use now (there must be over 1000 by now). People pay a great deal more than 45k for those in some trim levels too.

Sorry, but your complaint is...stupid.

Yeah, like all of the new Super Duties that the RCMP use now (there must be over 1000 by now). People pay a great deal more than 45k for those in some trim levels too.

Sorry, but your complaint is...stupid.

OPP use them too.

Plus I've seen a number of police forces using F150s as a patrol vehicle.

And then there are the Econolines being used as paddy wagons.

So we have the biggest and third biggest police forces using one of Ford's most expensive vehicles (the RCMP is replacing their Tahoe, Expedition, and Silverado models with the Super Duty)....oh noes. No one should ever buy an expenisve super duty again...... :hysterical:

Edited by suv_guy_19

So we have the biggest and third biggest police forces using one of Ford's most expensive vehicles (the RCMP is replacing their Tahoe, Expedition, and Silverado models with the Super Duty)....oh noes. No one should ever buy an expenisve super duty again...... :hysterical:

No kidding.

And we won't even talk abut police using Harley Davidson bikes. Or those highway partrol forces that use Mustangs.