Ford August 2010 Sales Figure Discussion

I would say a little of both, however styling is probably at the top of my list. I have seen some Flexes that look quite attractive and I think it is much cooler then a minivan, however it just looks too long and boxy for me. The new Explorer on the other hand is sleek and very modern looking. It looks adventurous and masculine. I don't get those feelings when I look at the Flex. The actual design of the Flex is good as far as passenger space goes, but the style doesn't do it for me.

I know your a Flex owner and I have seen your Flex. It's a nice ride. No doubt about that. It's possible that we just have two different eyes when it comes to style or it might be just the fact of where we live and how a vehicle looks in that landscape. You live in Florida I believe and I live up here in the Black Hills of SD. The Explorer will look right at home sitting next to a mountain stream under some pine trees. Do I like the outdoorsy image that Explorer portrays better then I do the Flex? Yes, however I understand that some people will like the more urban feel to the Flex.

In the end it all comes down to personal preference. I am NOT suggesting that Ford drop the Flex, I am however interested to see what happens with Flex sales once the Explorer is selling at Ford dealers. That's it. Just interested to see if it has any impact or not. It may have a negative impact or as you suggest a positive impact. No one knows yet.

That's cool and understandable - I have no problem with your opinion. And for the record, I love the new Explorer AND the Flex LOL.

Compared to other CUVs or wagons, yes, I think the new Explorer looks masculine

Huh. I don't see that at all.

New Grand Cherokee?

New Durango?

Heck, even the once very feminine Liberty?

I loath Chrysler. It's not to say any of those are masterpieces in any way, but each is certainly more masculine than the Explorer. (Especially the first two).

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Huh. I don't see that at all.

New Grand Cherokee?

New Durango?

Heck, even the once very feminine Liberty?

I loath Chrysler. It's not to say any of those are masterpieces in any way, but each is certainly more masculine than the Explorer. (Especially the first two).

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

So you don't think the new Taurus has a muscular look to it? I've seen the new Explorer come at me on the road and it looks just like a Taurus until in turns, and then from the rear door back looks something like 2002 Explorer. I don't think of the muscular theme carried over the to new Explorer as feminine unless they are pumping testosterone into their veins.