Lincoln model names *POLL*

Bring back names to Lincoln?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. When Lincoln vehicles are redesigned should Ford start to bring back names such as Continental, Zephyr, or stay with the MK naming scheme?

• Yes bring back model names
    • Stick with the MK naming scheme
    • Stay with Alpha-Numeric but add other letter combinations, for example LS

But you seem to miss the obvious,, it's NOT about price..

Ford sells more TRUCKS at much higher prices than Lincoln, so Lets just call the F-Series the Luxury line.

It's not much of a stretch to invision a RWD V8 Lincoln that stickers right at what a Dually King Ranch does. Some trucks are within a wisker of $70K.

Give him a minute....he's thinking REAL hard for the name of another brand.... :confused:

You fan boys now have Lincoln as good as Audi now, huh? Why improve Lincoln if it's already as good as one of the premier brands out there? Audi builds a better vehicle than Lexus and arguably BMW. And it's coming on strong with a flood of new models. I was checking out its new super sports car at the Woodward Cruise and that thing is awesome. Thank god that Ford realizes it does have a problem and needs togive it extra attention, because you guys certainly don't understand the problems.You think 1,200 is better than 2,000 sales/month and all FWD luxury car lineup is wonderful and Ford's great V8 should never be in any Ford vehicle other than Mustang and pickups. We certainly wouldn't want Ford's best engine in its flagship brand. And if we do keep it in common FWD platform and somehow mask its torque steer with AWD. Hang on baby.

It's not much of a stretch to invision a RWD V8 Lincoln that stickers right at what a Dually King Ranch does. Some trucks are within a wisker of $70K.

A RWD V8 Lincoln five seater at $70,000 would undercut the Jaguar XJ by about $20,000 and have a market. And to make the project more profitable, also introduce a 4 seater V8 Thunderbird along with it. Or they could just do an Ecoboost Thunderbird and leave the V8 for Lincoln only. Or do a Thunderbird 2 seater again with the V8. As the economy comes back, there is a lot of pent up demand out there and interest in new vehicles again. All these classic car shows and the tremendous crowds that come to them prove there is still tremendous demand out there if jobs ever start growing again. People love cars. The Thunderbirds of a a few years ago are already becoming popular at classic car shows and you always see a Ford GT there.

Go, sit in an Audi. Turn on the headlights. See if they both come on. Check the blinkers. See if they work. Audi is well known for electrical issues. I sure hope that's not what Lincoln is aspiring to become.

Wonder what thats from? Quite possibly from their more plebeian roots as VW's? :lol:

A RWD V8 Lincoln five seater at $70,000 would undercut the Jaguar XJ by about $20,000 and have a market. And to make the project more profitable, also introduce a 4 seater V8 Thunderbird along with it. Or they could just do an Ecoboost Thunderbird and leave the V8 for Lincoln only. Or do a Thunderbird 2 seater again with the V8. As the economy comes back, there is a lot of pent up demand out there and interest in new vehicles again. All these classic car shows and the tremendous crowds that come to them prove there is still tremendous demand out there if jobs ever start growing again. People love cars. The Thunderbirds of a a few years ago are already becoming popular at classic car shows and you always see a Ford GT there.

You have to be fucking kidding me...you keep throwing out that Lincoln needs to sell 2K a month cars, yet suggest something that would sell in the same numbers as the MKT or Navigator :rolleyes:

You fan boys now have Lincoln as good as Audi now, huh? Why improve Lincoln if it's already as good as one of the premier brands out there? Audi builds a better vehicle than Lexus and arguably BMW. And it's coming on strong with a flood of new models. I was checking out its new super sports car at the Woodward Cruise and that thing is awesome. Thank god that Ford realizes it does have a problem and needs togive it extra attention, because you guys certainly don't understand the problems.You think 1,200 is better than 2,000 sales/month and all FWD luxury car lineup is wonderful and Ford's great V8 should never be in any Ford vehicle other than Mustang and pickups. We certainly wouldn't want Ford's best engine in its flagship brand. And if we do keep it in common FWD platform and somehow mask its torque steer with AWD. Hang on baby.

Did I say that moron? You're so full of shit it's pathetic.

I've NEVER said Lincoln is perfect the way they are and I've NEVER said they are as good as other luxury brands. What I had sone consistently is call you on the bullshit you shovel. You respond by spinning your same old illogical arguments another way. Your lack of any new arguments indicates that you really don't have a clue as to WHAT you are actually arguing about.

Edited by TomServo92

Wonder what thats from? Quite possibly from their more plebeian roots as VW's? :lol:

You have to be fucking kidding me...you keep throwing out that Lincoln needs to sell 2K a month cars, yet suggest something that would sell in the same numbers as the MKT or Navigator :rolleyes:

Car lovers dream about owning a 911, a Ferrari, a Jaguar, and so on. They don't dream of owning an MKT or MKS. The dream cars do sell in low volumes because of their rarified status and high cost and high maintenance costs and super high residual values. Lincoln doesn't make a vehicle that comes close to that kind of status. But Ford does know how to do it as demonstrated with the Ford GT and owning Aston Martin and Jaguar. I'm saying do one of those high status beauties and undercut the Jaguar XJ price significantly. Ford has the V8 motor and knows how to make a super quiet vehicle. Put it altogether and do something that bespeaks the Lincoln name that Edsel envisioned, not Hank the Deuce. I'm tired of the MK bullshit. That's all it really is....MKBS. Look Ma...I paid $10,000 too much for a gussied up Ford. There is no demand for Lincoln, and a Lincoln worthy of its name could create a demand. Lincoln needs a truly aspirational vehicle, and the MKS is too pedestrian. Very few are lusting for an MKS and that is the problem. Metro Detroit dealers are already offering low lease rates on 2011 MKS V6. What does that tell you? MKS is the flagship right now, and it's simply not good enough. Not worthy of the Lincoln name.

Did I say that moron? You're so full of shit it's pathetic.

I've NEVER said Lincoln is perfect the way they are and I've NEVER said they are as good as other luxury brands. What I had sone consistently is call you on the bullshit you shovel. You respond by spinning your same old illogical arguments another way. Your lack of any new arguments indicates that you really don't have a clue as to WHAT you are actually arguing about.

The 2011 MKS has barely reached dealers and already shockingly low lease deals of $329/month. And still lots of 2010 MKSs sitting on dealer lots that are basically the same car. Tell me Ford didn't expect to sell more of them. They are not even coming close to projections. The problems with MKS are worsening. The vehicle became dated in two years.

The 2011 MKS has barely reached dealers and already shockingly low lease deals of $329/month. And still lots of 2010 MKSs sitting on dealer lots that are basically the same car. Tell me Ford didn't expect to sell more of them. They are not even coming close to projections. The problems with MKS are worsening. The vehicle became dated in two years.

And there it is. More of the same shit being recycled. Thanks for proving my point.

Edsel must be turning in his grave seeing what Lincoln has become. His son, William Clay Ford Jr. understood the Lincoln brand and created a magnificent Lincoln model back in the 50's. His other son Henry responded by cutting William off at the knees and Lincoln never fully understood its original mission ever again. Its weird how Edsel understood elegance and his son that rose to power didn't. His one son did, but he lost out and turned to alcohol and football team after losing the battle to create a special Lincoln brand. Fast forward to 2010 and Lincoln still struggles and doesn't get it with anything revealed so far.

And there it is. More of the same shit being recycled. Thanks for proving my point.

Get this....$329/month lease deals on brand new flagship 2011s in hopes of moving them off lots in dominant D3 land. Meanwhile, best lease deal on flaghship MB is $689/month. And again, 2010 MKS still sitting on dealers lots unsold.

Moving along. Nothing new to see here.

A little history may help you. And a visit to Edsel's mansion to see how much elegance the man had and how an MKS wouldn't be worthy to be parked in his garage with his vintage Lincolns. That is what's sad. Yeah, Metro Detroit is the mecca for the D3 and its history and hopefully a reconnection to it.