6,000 Bonuses Coming Dec 1st

bowflexcock

Anyone here about this??? there is a rumor going around that we are getting bonuses on DEC 1st. Upwards of 3-6k...

Some turd at Livonia Trans is putting this out there. Sounds like BS to me. Would be nice tho.

Ford is on track to earn over 6billion this year, the best since 1999.

http://www.freep.com/article/20101025/BUSINESS01/10250413/1322/Wave-of-auto-profits-are-expected-this-week

Look at your profit-share then and guess what it might be like this year.

However if your source is a "turd", why would you post his shit with your name?

I'm not aware of anything in our contract that would provide bonuses to us in December. There's always profit sharing though in March of 2011. It will certainly be far better than anything we've had in the last 10 years or so.

would the we/union say no to the company if they wanted to give us part of our expected profit sharing this year instead of the whole thing in one month next year?

would the we/union say no to the company if they wanted to give us part of our expected profit sharing this year instead of the whole thing in one month next year?

Come on people..he made this up to stir the pot LOL...why would they give us 6k before march profit sharing?? Makes NO sense..we got 500 bucks at the beginning of year

Here is just alittle something I found when Ford made $7.1B back in 1999.

New York Tines

But that was also when Ford had 109,000 unionized workers.

That was also before Ford became king of the "one time charges".

Mark my words, we will never see profit sharing checks ever again like the late 90's. They will use every trick in the book to bring the average profit sharing check down to a fraction of what we once had.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 1

Mark my words, we will never see profit sharing checks ever again like the late 90's. They will use every trick in the book to bring the average profit sharing check down to a fraction of what we once had.

I'm not so sure about that. The formula is in our contract and Ford pays us profit sharing on North American profit. I believe we will see a substantial profit sharing check in March.

You are right I bet they use a large amount of the profit to pay down debt reducing our profit share.

I'm not so sure about that. The formula is in our contract and Ford pays us profit sharing on North American profit. I believe we will see a substantial profit sharing check in March.

Isn't profit defined as revenue minus expenses? If they pay more expenses, like money towards debt, investment, or even the VEBA, there will be less profit. Less profit equals less profit sharing.

I'm not aware of anything in our contract that would provide bonuses to us in December. There's always profit sharing though in March of 2011. It will certainly be far better than anything we've had in the last 10 years or so.

I MAY BE WRONG BUT, CARS MADE IN MEXICO AND CANADA DONT COUNT TOWARDS PROFIT SHARING.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt there a time we dont recieve profit sharing, is it the year that we ratify the contract or the last year of the contract??

That was the performance bonuses we gave up, not the profit sharing. We didn't get them in the final year of the contract because we were supposed to get a wage increase, which we also gave back.

• Like 1

Come on people..he made this up to stir the pot LOL...why would they give us 6k before march profit sharing?? Makes NO sense..we got 500 bucks at the beginning of year

i've heard this rumor from more then one person and plant and im just hoping where theres smoke theres fire. if it happened great, if not oh well, i'm still working.

It IMHO does not matter where you heard it from. Its still bs. :spend:

Its funny listening to how rumors on the floor grow legs LOL..usually its someone who only hears half of a story then puts their own spin on what they heard. We should get a respectable check on march 1 or whenever...Its crazy to be even talking about profit sharing after where the whole auto industry was 2 years ago..WOW our union leaders along with management must have been successfull in making sacrifices together in order to make these companies profitable again instead of letting them die like many in washington and on wall street wanted. We should thank our union leadership for using its political influence with the Democratic party to bring this to fruition..or did they screw up like some UAW members think who have their heads buried in the sand?

Its funny listening to how rumors on the floor grow legs LOL..usually its someone who only hears half of a story then puts their own spin on what they heard. We should get a respectable check on march 1 or whenever...Its crazy to be even talking about profit sharing after where the whole auto industry was 2 years ago..WOW our union leaders along with management must have been successfull in making sacrifices together in order to make these companies profitable again instead of letting them die like many in washington and on wall street wanted. We should thank our union leadership for using its political influence with the Democratic party to bring this to fruition..or did they screw up like some UAW members think who have their heads buried in the sand?

Thaddus McCotter-® Did as much, if not more than the Dems for the Auto industry in Washington...Again looks like Dirty has his head buried somewhere, and we all know it's not the sand.

Thaddus McCotter-® Did as much, if not more than the Dems for the Auto industry in Washington...Again looks like Dirty has his head buried somewhere, and we all know it's not the sand.

Ive met mcCotter a few times tango(im from Livonia)...There werent ANY repubs in the State of Mich who voted against the bailout as far as I know..It would be political suicide for them. maybe you have some axe to grind with me? Im just saying that this whole region and industry should feel very lucky we had a Democrat in office when this "Storm" hit our auto industry. What if Mcain was in office at this time??.the UAW used its political contacts to get the industry bailed out. I am a moderate Republican but can give the dems credit where due(see im a realist) What do you disagree about my post? Or once again do you have no credible orlogical opinion to offer?

Edited by The Dirty One DTP