Max and Al

MY93SHO

All I can think of when I see that guy is. "It's a hot tub time machine".

First one was cute, second seemed like it was always on the verge of a punchline it never quite made it to.

The second one was down right scary. The one dude stroking, and talking about stiffness. Yikes. Just plain horrible. Ford should builld a few extra SD's just to take up the slack from people running away from that mess.

Wow, there's some time I'll never get back...That was beyond lame. I could see what they were shooting for in the first one even if it was a bit over the top, the second? It was like watching a junior high school play. They really over acted and threw stupid cliches, I'm thinking, "who wrote that crap"?

Fail

Actually beyond fail, that was a waste of time and money and....wow

Those ads were all kind of wrong...

And here's where they will lose people. Truck buyers know the Powerstroke brand. It's arguably better known than the Duramax brand. How is the Powerstroke "unproven"? Because it's brand new? So the advantage for the Chevy is that it has an older engine???

More ill-conceived marketing from GM that will allow some existing customers to thump their chest and laugh at the competition, without offering any incentive for new customers to come look at the product.

Your tax dollars at work.

Edit: as one GMI poster pointed out...

Make sure not to miss typing the "D" when navigating to www.maxandal.com! :hysterical:

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Make sure not to miss typing the "D" when navigating to www.maxandal.com!

I looked at the keyboard at what was around the d that would be funny etc. F? no, S? no, C? .....maybe if I left the "D" out completely

MAXANAL.COM BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I laughed out loud and everyone in the office looked at me. :hysterical:

still giggling...too funny..

So the advantage for the Chevy is that it has an older engine???

You may have a point. Did you notice the subliminal "old" message when Max is thrown a can of motor oil. It has been how many eons since oil came in cans like that? Also note how Max chugs down the can of oil. Does that imply that Duramax engines burn a lot of oil, maybe due to their "old" proven technology?

The first commercial with the baby has potential. The 3+ minute commercial was downright lame and disturbing at the same time.

Powerstroke, as you noted, has been a well-known name for several years.

You may have a point. Did you notice the subliminal "old" message when Max is thrown a can of motor oil. It has been how many eons since oil came in cans like that? Also note how Max chugs down the can of oil. Does that imply that Duramax engines burn a lot of oil, maybe due to their "old" proven technology?

The first commercial with the baby has potential. The 3+ minute commercial was downright lame and disturbing at the same time.

Powerstroke, as you noted, has been a well-known name for several years.

Nothing says superiority like 2 grown men picking on a baby girl, right? :hysterical:

I've seen the :30 spot twice now in the same break as the 2011 F-150 spot. No comparison when viewed within a minute or so of each other.

This one comes off just as smug as the man step ads.

As we all know, nothing is perfect. The last couple of iterations of the "Powerstroke" definitely gave us a black eye. I guess what they're trying to say is their engine performs without issues. Our newly designed and built one hasn't had any real world exposure yet or time on the job. We'll just have to wait and see (and hope) things don't end up like it has in the recent past.

The commercials are awful in my opinion. Their ads perform as well as their core products in sales, poorly.

As we all know, nothing is perfect. The last couple of iterations of the "Powerstroke" definitely gave us a black eye. I guess what they're trying to say is their engine performs without issues. Our newly designed and built one hasn't had any real world exposure yet or time on the job. We'll just have to wait and see (and hope) things don't end up like it has in the recent past.

The commercials are awful in my opinion. Their ads perform as well as their core products in sales, poorly.

" without issues"? I've handled plenty of injectors for the D-max.

The moron that decided all D-max parts should only be kept in California needs to be flogged.