MKT will be weird, but I guess that's what it will be. Not sure limo companies will go for FWD (or AWD) though. They all steered clear of Cadillac when Caddy went FWD. It will be interesting to see if the MKT will sell. And as far as the Transit Connect or Fiesta as a Limo, That's funny... I don't care who you are!

When the current Town Car ceases production, what will the RWD chassis for Limos be? Or will Lincoln abandon the market that it dominates? There are no good domestic chassis to replace the Town Car for the limo market.

A Platinum or Harley-Davidson or Lariat Limited F-150 will do just fine......Really. Check them out at fordvehicles.com. You will be amazed how luxurious they are

Never seen a DTS or 300 limousine before?

Frankly, the livery market isn't exactly lucrative or good for brand image. If you must have a Lincoln limo though, go get a Navigator.

Of course I have seen them. 90+% of all limos in the Chicago area are Town Cars. Most limo companies here will not use Caddy's, or 300's because of durability. I tow a lot of Limos since I am only 3 miles from O'Hare airport. And I'm just wondering what the future holds. The Navigators 5.4 4 valve engines don't usually last more than 150K either. Most limos I tow all have 300K miles or more. Everyone gave up on Caddy limos when the only choices had Northstar engines. Only the Funeral homes here use Caddy Limos, because they never see many miles anyway. Without the Towncar, the durable limo chassis choices will be next to nothing.

A Platinum or Harley-Davidson or Lariat Limited F-150 will do just fine......Really. Check them out at fordvehicles.com. You will be amazed how luxurious they are

My 09 f550 Lariat plus tow truck is nicer inside than many limos I tow. That doesn't make it a good limo choice though. They need durability and fuel economy.

My 09 f550 Lariat plus tow truck is nicer inside than many limos I tow. That doesn't make it a good limo choice though. They need durability and fuel economy.

Yeah, I missed the part where the question was about limos, not a replacement for a CV. I still think I am right about CV vs F-150 luxury...

Well, since they don't use that motor and haven't for a few years, that shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't towed any blown up 3V 5.4's yet. They should stand up to the livery drivers abuse a bit better though. The big problem, a lot of people don't like the SUV limos. The North Shore (Chicago) people are very particular. I guess they will have to accept the MKT!

Edited by LSchicago

Never seen a DTS or 300 limousine before?

Frankly, the livery market isn't exactly lucrative or good for brand image.

Actually I look to see what car holds up for the car service crowd [as well as law enforcement] before I buy anything as I drive alot from Miami to NYC several times a year...The fugly looking MKT is definitely off the table for me....Hopefully the MKT will be re-designed real soon....BTW I do see 300 and Hummer limos down here in Miami...I think the car service crowd might be buying up the late model police interceptors for their 4 door sedans while they are still around...The last time I was in NYC I saw the FWD Avalon being used by one car service company so I guess FWD is not off the table for some car service companies.

As far as law enforcement goes down here in Miami-Fort Lauderdale it looks like the next popular patrol car will be the Charger as just about every department has some in the their fleet....Most are ordering the CVPI and the Charger as we speak...South Florida law enforcement does not seem to want AWD or FWD or EcoBoost engines....Maybe down the road they will change their mind...Overall the Chargers have been very troublesome in the past but they seem to be willing to deal with it instead of getting something else for now....I guess fleet service is going to be VERY Busy for the next few years fixing those Chargers.

One thing is for sure whatever they get maintenance is going to cost a heap more then the Panther.

More info from Autoblog

The first MKT variant is aimed squarely at the livery market, which until now has happily relied on the aging Lincoln Town Car to ferry executives to and from the airport. The third row will be removed and the second row extended to emulate the Town Car's prodigious rear leg room.

The second MKT variant is for the limo market and will be built on a heavy duty chassis that allows for up to
120 inches – 10 feet! – of additional wheel base stretch

• 2 weeks later...

More info from Autoblog

The first MKT variant is aimed squarely at the livery market, which until now has happily relied on the aging Lincoln Town Car to ferry executives to and from the airport. The third row will be removed and the second row extended to emulate the Town Car's prodigious rear leg room.

The second MKT variant is for the limo market and will be built on a heavy duty chassis that allows for up to
120 inches – 10 feet! – of additional wheel base stretch

I have been seeing Chrysler 300 ,Escalade and Hummer Limos in Miami Beach lately...Looks like I will be seeing alot more in the future.