Ford's Kuzak hints that GT successor may be in the cards

This couple were walking stereotypes.

You know what they say about Stereotypes....they always have a hint of the truth to them

That couple may or may not fit the stereotype. A couple I am acquainted sound similar to your example couple. But they didn't just buy a Corvette, they've had several, and probably started buying them in their 30's. I know their son got a new Corvette after graduating high school, sometime in the late 80's.

And he's still alive yet?

You know what they say about Stereotypes....they always have a hint of the truth to them

And he's still alive yet?

All this sterotype talk reminds me of a story from the Ford 100 in 2003. A couple of 30 something girliemen were having a conversation about an elderly man driving a 66 Cobra through World HQ parking and the usual mid life crisis rant happened. Turned out to be Shelby taking a wee fellow named Stewart out for a spin.

They were probably the same little girl 30 somethings that want IRS under the next Mustang. Most couldn't drive a SRA to 1G lateral let alone an IRS car. Believe it or not research shows that most would want IRS because it rides smoother and nothing more.

They were probably the same little girl 30 somethings that want IRS under the next Mustang. Most couldn't drive a SRA to 1G lateral let alone an IRS car. Believe it or not research shows that most would want IRS because it rides smoother and nothing more.

During FG falcon development, FoA had a 2005 Mustang there and drove both on the banked high speed track,

the XR Falcon could travel around the track at least 20 mph faster than the 2005 GT....

I know the GT Mustang with Track pack handles better these days but so do our cars....

During FG falcon development, FoA had a 2005 Mustang there and drove both on the banked high speed track,

the XR Falcon could travel around the track at least 20 mph faster than the 2005 GT....

I know the GT Mustang with Track pack handles better these days but so do our cars....

I've seen more than you could know on testing Falcon and Mustang. Here the Pony is faster on all surfaces with equal powerplants (Coyote).

However that wasn't my only point.

A few other things though.

So you're liking something resembling an XF. I posted hints last summer, evidently they went under your radar.

One other thing you need to understand about Dearborn and how they manage FOA and others, Polling, Sir Alex and Jac are long gone. Mulally has to bring all the far flung operations under One Ford. FOA is coming along very nicely too.

• 2 weeks later...

Five minutes of twiddling in PhotoShop and I'm now in need of industrial strength eye wash.

I actually like the Autoexpress rendering. It has the same basic proportions as the GT, but looks more modern. I also really like the technical specs they posted. 3100lb, 600hp, and an electric AWD system with manual control sound pretty good to me.

I actually like the Autoexpress rendering. It has the same basic proportions as the GT, but looks more modern. I also really like the technical specs they posted. 3100lb, 600hp, and an electric AWD system with manual control sound pretty good to me.

Eh, to me it looks like what it is - some guy took the Ford Shelby GR-1 concept and tried to put it's looks directly onto the GT. Not horrible, I suppose, but definitely (IMO) not great either - I don't like the rear they came up with (back "panel" is too large for my liking, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the GR-1's rear anyway) and don't like the headlights.

ford-gt.jpg

12-ford-gt.jpg

I think it's the '04 GT with sundry unspeakables done to its color balance.

You have to open the AutoExpress link at the Autoblog page:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/262957/ford_gt_returns_as_hybrid.html

That's my favorite color combo for the GT too - white with blue stripes.... :wub::dreamy:

Eh, to me it looks like what it is - some guy took the Ford Shelby GR-1 concept and tried to put it's looks directly onto the GT. Not horrible, I suppose, but definitely (IMO) not great either - I don't like the rear they came up with (back "panel" is too large for my liking, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the GR-1's rear anyway) and don't like the headlights.

You have to open the AutoExpress link at the Autoblog page:

http://www.autoexpre..._as_hybrid.html

Looks like they are trying to use new Edge styling with those headlights...which was from over 10 years ago! Holy Photoshop fail.