Nissan NV2500 HD first drive

Reigner92

• 3 months later...

I thought they were looking at dumping the Titan platform and share with Dodge Ram platform instead? Isn't Ford getting ready to abandon the E-series in favor of some european abortion like the Sprinter? Seems like Nissan is looking to snatch that old E-series buyer from them.

I thought they were looking at dumping the Titan platform and share with Dodge Ram platform instead? Isn't Ford getting ready to abandon the E-series in favor of some european abortion like the Sprinter? Seems like Nissan is looking to snatch that old E-series buyer from them.

The Nissan-Dodge deal has fallen though. And the "european abortion" Transit van is at least as capable as the NV.

• Like 1

Competition makes good vehicles, better... Not much of a first drive there, more like "First sitting in the cabin", lets see who puts together the first Comparo. They should pressure Ford to updating the E-series a bit more seriously.

I hope the E Series doesn't get a longer hood. I drive an Econoline regularly, and the short hood makes for excellent visibility which comes in very handy in small alleys or crowded streets when trying to maneuver it in to unload in tight spots. A diesel would be nice though, the 4.4L would be great, but I guess Ford thinks otherwise.

Really, for packaging and serviceability reasons, the E Series needs a diesel along the lines of the 4 cilinder used in the Isuzu NPR trucks. Something that will match the 5.4 gas engine in performance with better economy. Cylinder count is way less important than reasonable power with good economy.

It will be interesting to see what Nissan brings to the powertrain table over the nest few years in these vans.

Gee, the Dodge deal feel through in Feb of 2009. Way to stay up on current events. :confused:

Stupid troll. :stirpot: