Winter Package

Moon Roof

Exterior protection Package

White Interior Style package

Powercode Remote Start

Nav system with Sirius etc

$29175 without any dealer added crap to it

And?

The average price of a new car is $28K and that is definitely an above average vehicle.

And?

The average price of a new car is $28K and that is definitely an above average vehicle.

Just proving my point that no dealer add on crap was added to that price.

As for an avg price...its an average that can be artifically moved up by more people buying 40K+ cars vs 15K cars.

The only point I was making was a pyscholocigal barrier was hit in my head once the Focus hit 29K...prior to this it was 28K which I had no problem with...29K makes me go whoa.

I still really like the car, but at the same time for $100-200 bucks or so more a month a Taurus SHO is doable....after my A plan price..which wouldn't have as big affect on the Focus Price either..a loaded to the gills Focus Titanium for say 25-26K after A plan would be awesome IMO price wise

why is navigation so expensive? it is just a SD card, and uses the GPS already in MFT. I'd pay 300 for it but not 800 for it.

It's because the map data companies charge car manufactures way way way more than they charge portable device companies. In fact, Ford was the first factory installed nav to be under $1000 (and they may still be the only, haven't looked).

Edited by emerrill

I love how everyone goes on there and puts every option plus every last accessory on the car and then complains about the price.

Realistically, it's fully loaded about 26-27K without the BS factory invoiced, dealer installed accessories added on.

Most people won't proably even go that far with it, the Titanium starts under 23K and nicely optioned with MyFord touch, keyless start, etc.

BINGO!....but people MUST have something to complain about....

I believe that remote start and the protection package are dealer installed.

Yes, you are correct.

why is navigation so expensive? it is just a SD card, and uses the GPS already in MFT. I'd pay 300 for it but not 800 for it.

Navigation was $1,800 on my Fusion, so that was touchscreen and navigation feature.

So with MyFord Touch, when it is an option is around $1,000-1,200 and you add the 800 you are about the same price with a more advanced system then ever.

The sticking point for me is I know the hardware and software are there, they just need to enable it and then put the SD card in. But you can't do it after the fact. So they charge you 800 for essentially a SD card with pre-loaded data on it.

I went to my dealer today to see if a VIN has been assigned yet(it hasn't). There was a Kona Blue hatchback there with Medium Stone interior, same combo as I ordered, but it was an SE 5-speed. It seemed to have similar room inside as mine('02 ZX5) with a slightly bigger trunk. The one thing I didn't like was the smaller windows.

I also went to my dealership today, and they also had a Kona Blue Focus SE. It was nice to finally see in person, but not that exciting because it was not my Titanium! Still waiting!! I plan to go out for a test drive Wednesday evening.