'12 Impala changes

Fgts

It's too bad GM either lacks money, motivation, or both to do an all new RWD biased Impala. With traction control, modern all season tires, and AWD, RWD can be almost as good in winter and of course accept extra power as in torque so much better. The Impala has turned into the 2004 Taurus and needs an ultra new design for the second decade of 21st Century.

It's too bad GM either lacks money, motivation, or both to do an all new RWD biased Impala. With traction control, modern all season tires, and AWD, RWD can be almost as good in winter and of course accept extra power as in torque so much better. The Impala has turned into the 2004 Taurus and needs an ultra new design for the second decade of 21st Century.

Fleet queens die hard. :shades:

By the way aneekr, your avatar: I did that very thing once, when I was about the same age as that kid (lord knows, probably about the same year). It has been about 50 years now, and I still remember it quite vividly.

I did it too as a kid (nearly 65 years ago - not to long after the Rural Electrification Act was passed by Congress), so I definitely got to learn about this newfangled technology called AC household current firsthand. :hysterical:

Impala's are now getting bought by smaller Gov't agencies since it has higher EPA mileage #'s. That's main reason it's still alive.

Don't ever expect a RWD big Chevy again, with high gas prices, CAFE, and GM still not back on its feet. The Aussie Caprice cop car is getting rejected by tight Gov't budgets, as too high priced, also. So, no 'return to the 60's' as many predicted when the Zeta Camaro was announced 5 years ago.