Cruise Control

SU-FI

Got my focus the other day and noticed there was no cruise control, i was kinda surprised, i thought that CC was standard nowadays, anyone know if this is something that can be added at a dealer? it's kinda weird driving without it after using it for so long.

Got my focus the other day and noticed there was no cruise control, i was kinda surprised, i thought that CC was standard nowadays, anyone know if this is something that can be added at a dealer? it's kinda weird driving without it after using it for so long.

Cruise comes standard on the SEL and Titanium, is part of the 201A option package on the SE and not available on the S. With the sophisticated electronics in cars these days, I don't know if an after market cruise can be added like the old days. I've never seen it as a stand alone option through Ford.

Edited by transitman

i have an SE, only thing i have that isnt standard i think is the myford +sync. spec for my car is 202A

Option Group 200A

Includes SE standard equipment

Option Group 201A

● Convenience Package

- Cruise Control

- Map Lights

- Perimeter Lighting

Option Group 202A

● MyFord & SYNC Package

- SYNC® with MyFord™

- Rear auxiliary 12-volt Power Point

- Single-CD player with MP3 capability and

6 speakers

Option Group 203A

● Includes 201A, 202A and Sirius®

Satellite Radio

Option Group 200A

Includes SE standard equipment

Option Group 201A

● Convenience Package

- Cruise Control

- Map Lights

- Perimeter Lighting

Option Group 202A

● MyFord & SYNC Package

- SYNC® with MyFord™

- Rear auxiliary 12-volt Power Point

- Single-CD player with MP3 capability and

6 speakers

Option Group 203A

● Includes 201A, 202A and Sirius®

Satellite Radio

dealer i bought it from says ford told him that no cruise upgrade is available and none planned in the immediate future. it's just weird to me that they can't just get the parts and add it at a dealer, doesnt seem like that big of a task. and why cruise isnt standard equipment on cars is beyond me.

guess i'll just wait and hope ford comes out with a kit so dealers can plug and play.

dealer i bought it from says ford told him that no cruise upgrade is available and none planned in the immediate future. it's just weird to me that they can't just get the parts and add it at a dealer, doesnt seem like that big of a task. and why cruise isnt standard equipment on cars is beyond me.

guess i'll just wait and hope ford comes out with a kit so dealers can plug and play.

The last gen cars just needed the steering wheel replaced and the PCM reprogrammed to accept the input. I doubt that this gen is much different.

I dont know why Ford dealers order some SE's without it. I've seen many with SYNC and MFT, but no CC? Why??

Matching trim level Cruze LT and Civic LX have CC standard, why not SE, or at least have an "SE2" with it. And no, the SE is not same as Cruze LS and Civic DX.

Actually the first Focus I test drove didn't even have CC standard on the SE, I was also a big shocked by it. But I imagine it was in trying to keep the cost of some of the lower models down. You still cannot compare it to the Cruze or Civic. I also test drove each of those while choosing a car. The Cruze was built fairly cheep. Materials inside aren't the greatest, breaks seemed soft and the electronic steering was too electronic. And the Civic is just a boring car unless you go with the Si or something sportier IMHO.

• 9 months later...

Just got my 2012 SE and it doesn't have cruise either. Package 202A. You get the winter package and SYNC but no Cruise. I hope Ford comes out with a retrofit kit. The after market CC kits are ugly.

201a is the convenience package including cruise.

202a is My Ford Touch and Sony radio

203a is the convenience package and My Ford Touch and Sony Radio

If you want it then it's available. You just need to get the right package.

201a is the convenience package including cruise.

202a is My Ford Touch and Sony radio

203a is the convenience package and My Ford Touch and Sony Radio

If you want it then it's available. You just need to get the right package.

Are you sure 202A comes with Sony radio? I have 202A and no Sony raido.

Are you sure 202A comes with Sony radio? I have 202A and no Sony raido.

That's correct coupe3w - the Sony branded audio system is not available on the SE grade Focus, nor is MyFordTouch. Focus SE packages 202A and 203A do upgrade the audio system display to a full color LCD, though.

Edited by aneekr