Just The Facts: May 2011 Small Car Sales

Thanks for compiling these lists PREMiERdrum!

It's noteworthy that the two top sellers this month in the C-segment are true "world" cars that by and large haven't been watered down for the U.S. market. Both General Motors and Ford have benefited greatly IMO from leveraging their global resources to design and engineer the Cruze and the Mk3 Focus, respectively.

Have to say I'm impressed by that performance, they delivered a shit-ton of Focuses so soon after their retail launch. I was at my Ford dealer today and still see a healthy supply of them on the lots. I couldn't say that about the Edge or Explorer.

Seems the Fiesta has slammed the Fit for the month. Although seeing what Honda and Toyota have traditionally, are they using the excuse that some of their factories are down ?

How long before the days-of-inventory numbers are out? I saw a number from last September of 29 - already a low number, so if they were keeping the inventory thin to begin with, the cut production numbers could undercut their sales very badly.

Take that all the dorks who tought the new Focus was 'too small and too Euro' to sell well. :confused:

even more telling is the product mix that contains a lot more mid and high series

cars, pushing the average transaction price up to around Mid Size entry level.

Well done Ford, people are looking at compacts with fresh eyes and seeing that

down sizing only refers to space, not quality or the features found in large vehicles.

Edited by jpd80

Can't we just put the list here? I can't access the link.

C-segment

Chevrolet Cruze: 22,711

Ford Focus: 22,303

Hyundai Elantra: 20,006

Honda Civic: 18,341

Toyota Corolla: 16,985

VW Jetta: 16,671

Mazda3: 8,789

Kia Forte: 8,129

Nissan Sentra: 7,698

Dodge Caliber: 4,002

Scion tC: 2,664

Subaru Impreza: 2,610

Scion xB: 1,178

Suzuki SX-4: 1,112

Scion xD: 854

B-Segment

Ford Fiesta: 7,120

Honda Fit: 5,921

Nissa Versa: 4,793

Chevrolet Aveo: 4,538

Kia Rio: 2,519

Toyota Yaris: 1,690

Hyundai Accent: 1,529

Mazda 2: 1,142

How is the Chevy Cruze No1 Stateside its absolute shit it proves cars "Made in the USA" sell better a (home brand, home made) Cruze is No1 in Australia (Made in Australia), the junk Korean made Cruze that sold in the UK only sells about 100 cars a month here it finishes near the very bottom in the UK sales charts every month. Even high volume producer Ferrari give it a run for it money when it comes to sales numbers.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds