A $7,500 Bonus Wouldn't Be Enough, Ford Workers Say

LOL, this is what you call a story to sell papers or hit your website. Really, a story based on a few comments from the UAW-Ford Facebook page? I went to the Facebook page and it had 94 likes and many positive comments, but the Freep had to take the few negative ones and make it a story? Come on, what a joke! I guess the 94 who liked it and the other positive comments don't count in the Freeps view. Let's see the scoreboard 94+ likes vs. 3 NO's. Yep, that is a sure contract defeat. NOT!

• Like 7

If the GM contract means anything,seniority workers aint getting squat just the signing bonus so I dont think $7500 is enough either.Workers who are eligible to retiree get some sugar and lower tiered employees get some sugar and anyone falling in between can just up and quit {Do I got that right?} if they disagree.The Local agreement comes next and skilled trades should be use to working holidays if ordered and sat. and sun. for time and quarter,starting a half hour before mid-night shift premium by now so whats next?The money Ford saves at DTP with an MOA will just be spent at another Ford plant so,,,,,DTP=Hermosillo North!At least this Gary Walkowicz guy gives half a flyin leap!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

If the GM contract means anything,seniority workers aint getting squat just the signing bonus so I dont think $7500 is enough either.Workers who are eligible to retiree get some sugar and lower tiered employees get some sugar and anyone falling in between can just up and quit {Do I got that right?} if they disagree.The Local agreement comes next and skilled trades should be use to working holidays if ordered and sat. and sun. for time and quarter,starting a half hour before mid-night shift premium by now so whats next?The money Ford saves at DTP with an MOA will just be spent at another Ford plant so,,,,,DTP=Hermosillo North!At least this Gary Walkowicz guy gives half a flyin leap!

Please, that clueless moron Gary? We see his bullcrap out here in Chicago and there is one thing that is clear, Gary cares about Gary and doesn't have a clue or give a damn about anybody else. He's the elected bargaining rep who has voted against every contract since he's been around. That ain't leadership in my book. There is something messed up with that guy. My plant is full and I am voting for job security.

• Like 4

Please, that clueless moron Gary? We see his bullcrap out here in Chicago and there is one thing that is clear, Gary cares about Gary and doesn't have a clue or give a damn about anybody else. He's the elected bargaining rep who has voted against every contract since he's been around. That ain't leadership in my book. There is something messed up with that guy. My plant is full and I am voting for job security.

I dont necessarily care for some of Gary's rants but look whos calling the kettle black ! You got yours so screw the others. Read ya loud and clear.

• Like 2

I dont necessarily care for some of Gary's rants but look whos calling the kettle black ! You got yours so screw the others. Read ya loud and clear.

Maybe you shouldn't post when you are on a binge. Re-read my post moron! I said my plant is full and I am voting for job security. How is that I got mine and am screwing others? I got mine and I want others to get theirs, too. Maybe when you sober up you will realize that morons like Gary have full plants and just want money, money, money and don't give a shit about your plant. If Gary's greedy ideas were implemented we would have numerous lay-offs and probably more plants would have closed.

• Like 3

The only true moron's here are Gary and anyone listening too his BS. The only one that is worse is the spineless chairman Nick who allows this assclown to speak on stuff gutless Nick should be speaking on. What chairman allows thier bargaining rep to put out letters on the floor to us and then puts out a letter himself saying " I support Gary 100% on all his bullshit".....oops.."bulletins". How about get a spine and put your own letters out or just step down and let Gary run the show.

Back to this letter, Spineless, on Roll analysis/adjustment....pelase explain to us how some get moved off the bump list and then 3-hardships??? How are their hardships any different than anyone else....how about moving by seniority on the bump list!!

Hows that equity of sacrafice grievance going spineless?? You reported that the arbitrator was going to rule the 15 or 16 of last month. You must have never had to have a grievance go to an arbitrator, because when I had my grievance heard at an arbitrator my case was heard in front of the Arbitrator and then the IUAW told me that they had 30-45 days to give a closing arguement and then the Arbitrator had 30-45 days to rule on it. So explain to us how this works again...moron!

Can't wait to see what our Local Agreement looks like....glad I am phucking leaving this cluster. I hope everyone opens their eyes, better start looking for new leadership now!

Nick if you are going to swing from Gary, how about just stepping down and letting Gary run the show and tell everyone how bad his agreement that he just negotiated is and to vote it down. Class Clowns!!

• Like 3

The only true moron's here are Gary and anyone listening too his BS. The only one that is worse is the spineless chairman Nick who allows this assclown to speak on stuff gutless Nick should be speaking on. What chairman allows thier bargaining rep to put out letters on the floor to us and then puts out a letter himself saying " I support Gary 100% on all his bullshit".....oops.."bulletins". How about get a spine and put your own letters out or just step down and let Gary run the show.

Back to this letter, Spineless, on Roll analysis/adjustment....pelase explain to us how some get moved off the bump list and then 3-hardships??? How are their hardships any different than anyone else....how about moving by seniority on the bump list!!

Hows that equity of sacrafice grievance going spineless?? You reported that the arbitrator was going to rule the 15 or 16 of last month. You must have never had to have a grievance go to an arbitrator, because when I had my grievance heard at an arbitrator my case was heard in front of the Arbitrator and then the IUAW told me that they had 30-45 days to give a closing arguement and then the Arbitrator had 30-45 days to rule on it. So explain to us how this works again...moron!

Can't wait to see what our Local Agreement looks like....glad I am phucking leaving this cluster. I hope everyone opens their eyes, better start looking for new leadership now!

Nick if you are going to swing from Gary, how about just stepping down and letting Gary run the show and tell everyone how bad his agreement that he just negotiated is and to vote it down. Class Clowns!!

spineless, coming from an anonymous person on the internet. priceless.

• Like 4

LOL, this is what you call a story to sell papers or hit your website. Really, a story based on a few comments from the UAW-Ford Facebook page? I went to the Facebook page and it had 94 likes and many positive comments, but the Freep had to take the few negative ones and make it a story? Come on, what a joke! I guess the 94 who liked it and the other positive comments don't count in the Freeps view. Let's see the scoreboard 94+ likes vs. 3 NO's. Yep, that is a sure contract defeat. NOT!

This is what you call fuzzy math.

• Like 1

spineless, coming from an anonymous person on the internet. priceless.

FU-SI.....spineless is correct for our boy Nick.....he is the chairperson and he following Gary around like a little puppy....He should just step down and let Gary have the job. Better yet Nick, pretty soon there will not be enough appointed jobs to give your competition! I am sure there is a job in trim waiting for you!! Maybe the national will make you part of their staff :hysterical2:

• Like 2

people like you make me sick! job security! Job security is based on the market and the economy! Ford elimates hundreds of jobs every year at every plant! Ford tries to reduce 10% of the uaw jobs every year,,,so where is your job security! --since 1994 ford owes the uaw thousands of jobs!!!These jobs were promised in the contracts in the past but never fullfilled,, so where is your job security! Ford also stop hiring 1 uaw worker for every 2 uaw retires until the 2 tier wage came out,,so a agreement with ford about job security is a joke!!!!!! The ironic thing is the 2 tier wage people want us to vote for them to get a raise while in the meantime they complain that they do the same amount of work for half the pay..also The hypocrites who call the uaw people lazy and over-paid want us to vote for your job security-so they can get a job! so- do us a favor -take your company vote and stick it where the sun dont shine!!!!! Remember this company man--there is thousands of grievances thru the system between ford and the uaw....ask yourself why...hhhhmmmm-is it because the company doesnt honor the contract with ford.--

• Like 2

people like you make me sick! job security! Job security is based on the market and the economy!

I make you sick. LOL. You make my point you moron! And the IUAW did a great job of keeping as many jobs as possible even though the Republicans tanked the economy and then they tried to destroy the unions under Bush with Corker and Shelby. In the past contract the negotiators did a great job of bringing in work and job security. I look for more of that in this contract. If you want to go with that asswipe, Gary (give me money and we'll shut down other UAW plants but not DTP), go right ahead you dipshit. I am for the majority of union members who want their plants and as many other plants open and working for at least the next 4 years.

• Like 3

Who's to say something was leaked out from the company our the union, to get a reaction from the membership wether or not we would bite at it. Who know's. If the numbers are close or the same it would make you wonder, right....

I make you sick. LOL. You make my point you moron! And the IUAW did a great job of keeping as many jobs as possible even though the Republicans tanked the economy and then they tried to destroy the unions under Bush with Corker and Shelby. In the past contract the negotiators did a great job of bringing in work and job security. I look for more of that in this contract. If you want to go with that asswipe, Gary (give me money and we'll shut down other UAW plants but not DTP), go right ahead you dipshit. I am for the majority of union members who want their plants and as many other plants open and working for at least the next 4 years.

'

I see why your going to vote yes because you missed the whole point company man. I'll help you out dummy,,,my point was that ford does not honor job security and the uaw lets them get away with it! There are to many loopholes between ford and the uaw commitments,,,especially on job security! now did you get it -company man!!!!! also--nafta,and wall street destroyed the economy!!!! do us all a favor -quit your job and go work for toyota!!!

• Like 1

Dude, Fanny and Freddie were symptoms of the problem. Their not even the worst of the worst.

No, No, No! They are FINE! They found nothing to be concerned with. The administrators have done an excellent job managing them. Just don't look behind the curtain!

Barney Frank -

Quote:

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
End Quote.

Hey, brother haven't heard from you in a WHILE. Hows things going? No need for hyperbole, i wasn't saying the were good, just that blaming fanny and freddie for the housing bubble is not correct.

Isn't it ironic that in 2008 as things were going bad for both of them, Congress and the bush admin allowed them to carry less capital and buy even more mortgages? Not the type of thing you do if you think they are in trouble right?

Hanging back while 5000 people all try to talk at the same time. Just not interested in trying to have a deep conversation while the common practice is to start a new topic for every sentence someone wants to share. Just hanging out looking for "news" on the negotiations. Expect it to get hot-n'-heavy this week.

Depth will come later.

See you in the funny papers.

• Like 1

Hanging back while 5000 people all try to talk at the same time. Just not interested in trying to have a deep conversation while the common practice is to start a new topic for every sentence someone wants to share. Just hanging out looking for "news" on the negotiations. Expect it to get hot-n'-heavy this week.

Depth will come later.

See you in the funny papers.

b