This proposal is an absolute slap in the face of the UAW Workers!!!

Ktp1989

In my opinion this contract has no chance of passing....NO CHANCE. What did the IUAW restore to us that was temporarily given up till the company got back to profitability? Nothing!! They didn't even throw enough cash up front to get the paycheck to paycheck workers to vote in! Not to mention the fact that a grievance that was to be settled prior to negotations has not be finished. The IUAW has no clue what the workers want and care more about the company then the union members....period.

Edited by Ktp1989
  • Like 2

Well as usual there are winners and losers and those in between.Winners are all the new jobs and AAI and Kansas City along with others who get new product.High seniority workers get a nice send-off too!Now for seniority workers in already established plants {by the way I think KTP makes 40% of all profits for Ford North America}its pretty much more of the same for another 4 years.Pay in Lieu of vacation is a plus because the last time I took vacation I was AWOL`d and denied holiday pay and there is no recourse,no penalty when management messes up my time.I think the contract passes easily but I personally am not a big winner.I cant see enough reason to strike either.As they use to say back in the 70`s "HEY MAN,,,,,ITS A JOB" keep smilin!

Well as usual there are winners and losers and those in between.Winners are all the new jobs and AAI and Kansas City along with others who get new product.High seniority workers get a nice send-off too!Now for seniority workers in already established plants {by the way I think KTP makes 40% of all profits for Ford North America}its pretty much more of the same for another 4 years.Pay in Lieu of vacation is a plus because the last time I took vacation I was AWOL`d and denied holiday pay and there is no recourse,no penalty when management messes up my time.I think the contract passes easily but I personally am not a big winner.I cant see enough reason to strike either.As they use to say back in the 70`s "HEY MAN,,,,,ITS A JOB" keep smilin!

In the 70's they got raises...we won't have one for 12 years now if this pile of shit passes.

Product investments at locations will help the yes vote. Only time will tell if the promises are empty or not. I think people will not be happy with the out come of the grievance . There will be no recourse if this is passed before the conclusion. I can only speak for my self but I am disappointed with it so far after only reading the highlights. The devil is always in the details. The past 8 years my groceries,gas,utilities and basic expenses have all gone up. I like everybody else has had to make less work for me and my family. Not to mention the countless spouses that lost their jobs in the meantime. Another 4 years of watching my way of life erode to inflation is not what I was hoping for. Bonuses are just that-unexpected windfalls. Profit sharing is based on how well our designers can match what people want. They could've eliminated them both. Give me small yearly raises to combat a growing families expenses. How about a small bonus for having great attendance? excellent quality? Getting profit sharing in advance to make it look better....come on...In March it'll be that much smaller. International needs to think outside the box and really look for what its members need to not only survive during billion profit years but the

down years as well. $200 a month guaranteed means a whole lot more to me and its something a can fiscally plan my life around.

• Like 1

In my opinion this contract has no chance of passing....NO CHANCE. What did the IUAW restore to us that was temporarily given up till the company got back to profitability? Nothing!! They didn't even throw enough cash up front to get the paycheck to paycheck workers to vote in! Not to mention the fact that a grievance that was to be settled prior to negotations has not be finished. The IUAW has no clue what the workers want and care more about the company then the union members....period.

YOU AND GARY W CAN TAKE YOUR ANTI UNION RIGHT WING ASSES AND YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS STRAIGHT TO HELL! THIS CONTRACT IS MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED! STILL TRYING TO STOMACH THE PART ABOUT TAKING 10% OF OUR PROFIT SHARING AND GIVING IT TO RETIREES THOU, BUT I THINK I WILL GET OVER THAT!

Kansas City is getting one,one,one B-I-L-L-I-O-N dollars worth of investment.LAP and AAI are getting 500-600 million.Those are 99% yes votes.I gotta suck it up at DTP with an MOA and AWS.Wish Kansas City would send my fat ass some riiiiiiibs!Fresh Wonder Bread and some Sweet Sauce,please!

• Like 2

YOU AND GARY W CAN TAKE YOUR ANTI UNION RIGHT WING ASSES AND YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS STRAIGHT TO HELL! THIS CONTRACT IS MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED! STILL TRYING TO STOMACH THE PART ABOUT TAKING 10% OF OUR PROFIT SHARING AND GIVING IT TO RETIREES THOU, BUT I THINK I WILL GET OVER THAT!

DIE YOU ARE A DUMDASS I AGREE WITH KTP1989

• Like 1

First of all I have no idea who Gary is....he's in Michigan and I am in Kentucky and I can tell you down here at KTP and LAP this doesn't stand a chance....watch the vote count. And to think the only think about this contract you can't stand is screwing the retirees say all we need to know about you.

Just vote NO.. No COLA no contract. KIng knows better. VOTE NO !

Kansas City is getting one,one,one B-I-L-L-I-O-N dollars worth of investment.LAP and AAI are getting 500-600 million.Those are 99% yes votes.I gotta suck it up at DTP with an MOA and AWS.Wish Kansas City would send my fat ass some riiiiiiibs!Fresh Wonder Bread and some Sweet Sauce,please!

Lol, had some yesterday...

So we can count on you too NEVER accept a raise in retirement from the active employees? Would you put that in writing here on BON? That 10% to retirees is something you will refuse to EVER take advantage of?

I don't understand you, but I intend to retire from FORD, and as much as I hate depending on "promises" of future compensation, Ford retirement is my goal. Good for you if you don't need anything more from the membership.

Edited for spelling correction

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

I wonder if this type of out look is from all that money Ford and the UAW keep pushing at KTP? I can only wonder why with all the overtime and ability to feel secure with the number one selling products at KTP, you can`t feel for the sisters and brother at the closing plants?

Is this attitude, that KTP 1989 seems to have, in the majority at KTP? I believe there are some at DTP with this attitude, also.

Ever have to pack up the family and move across country to keep a UAW job? Ever wake up wondering if your going to have work next week? Ever stand in line while someone states your form isn`t fill out right, now go to the end of the line? Must be really boring to hear the members stories about the "have not" plants....

Sounds like maybe KTP 1989 might think that he`s the center of the universe or something...

Decker

Chicago Assembly

i don't care what Gary says or does but I am sad that IUAW didn't get back what Ford promise back if profits improve ,Salary did when we open contract in 2007 and said we will not reopen contract again ,so we said no then yes on the same contract in 2007 in a 2 week span ,now all the channels in chicago our saying it is done deal and we haven"t even voted on it and they talk about all these jobs are coming to chicago ,they didn't say how many were cut no were near the amount they are bringing in at half the paid,the mayor emauaual

knew and been talking to ford prior to him being mayor ,i wonder how much tax breaks he gave ,My beef they are saying its a done deal,IUAW ,Ford and the Mayor and disrespect our votes like we our nobodies.Its not done deal until the worker votes on it ,I was going to vote a yes dog and pony show cause me change to no.

i don't care what Gary says or does but I am sad that IUAW didn't get back what Ford promise back if profits improve ,Salary did when we open contract in 2007 and said we will not reopen contract again ,so we said no then yes on the same contract in 2007 in a 2 week span ,now all the channels in chicago our saying it is done deal and we haven"t even voted on it and they talk about all these jobs are coming to chicago ,they didn't say how many were cut no were near the amount they are bringing in at half the paid,the mayor emauaual

knew and been talking to ford prior to him being mayor ,i wonder how much tax breaks he gave ,My beef they are saying its a done deal,IUAW ,Ford and the Mayor and disrespect our votes like we our nobodies.Its not done deal until the worker votes on it ,I was going to vote a yes dog and pony show cause me change to no.

You got over the money ford promise the retirement and gave 2/3 amount rest in stock and we gave up cola for retirees,now let give 10percent from profit sharing and worse part everybody gave up raises over their 30 years at ford and it was suppose to go towards retirement healthcare fund wher did that money go Bob King ,could be invested in Bill Ford yacht and ceo pockets including IUAW.

LAP was already getting that, it didn't come from this contract, the investment / re-tool is almost completely finished. Kansas City was told they were getting new product also before this contract. LAP will vote this down overwhelmingly & so will anyone with any sense.

Look, if you thought you were going to get everything back then yes you are mistaken. Negotiations mean that both sides have to agree. It isn't a one way street. Anyone who has been in or through training for negotiations learns that in the first hour. Looks like we did get some nice gains, is it everything, doesn't look to be, but it helps get some cash back in my pocket. Ford didn't promise us shit, if it were up to them, you would have had exactly what GM had I am sure. I am no wallstreet fk, but if Ford's cost is more expensive than GM/Chrysler and we get 5% raises every year of the agreement and we don't sell vehicles...what fking good does it do us?? We have a lot of Americans that buy American made products, but unless you are a Ford worker, they don't care whether they are buying a Ford, GM or Chrysler. If the other 2 can produce vehicles cheaper and give more incentives to purchase they steal our market share and profits which would cause lower production and more lay-offs. I am not buying or selling, but you sound a little out of reach in reality. Again looks like a good deal, I could not down load the white pages to really check it out, but doesn't look to be any concessions, maybe some things we haven't gotten back, but no concessions. Matter of fact looks like they are pulling ahead profit sharing to be paid out this year....huge, what if the market tanks because of the european markets tanking, that means we wouldn't get shit because it is calculated at a yearly profit. Not sure how many years you have in, but I am guessing less than 15 with no family or real responsibilities. With the reduced OT and alternative work schedules taking away some of my OT, this looks like a nice agreement.

PS...Gary is not a bad guy, he wouldn't agree to anything...even if it we were getting a car voucher! would be nice if he would go to some of the organizing drives that our Region does. I see a lot of this and I am guessing a lot of people have never been on an organizing drive in their lives. If they were, they would realize that we have people making $8/9 doing our jobs trying to make a living. They read these sites and dream of even having the opportunity to work for one of the big 3, wondering how they are going to pay their house notes or usually rental payments as they read in the news papers Ford workers are upset that they aren't getting more....WOW. Thanks Mr. Settles for keeping us informed and putting the real language out to us members.

Edited by Captain723
  • Like 1

LAP was already getting that, it didn't come from this contract, the investment / re-tool is almost completely finished. Kansas City was told they were getting new product also before this contract. LAP will vote this down overwhelmingly & so will anyone with any sense.

In the 70's they got raises...we won't have one for 12 years now if this pile of shit passes.

The way I see it is, with the $6000, the $1500 per year($6000), the $250(or up to)($1000 approx) is $13,000. Divided by 40 hours a week for four years is $1.56 per hour raise. Not bad in my book. Yeah all the negatives are gonna disagree with me, but the product commitments are pretty darn good, The buy outs will secure some jobs, you get pay in lieu back, the sick save money on office visits and profit sharing redefined. Besides COLA, is it really that bad?

The way I see it is, with the $6000, the $1500 per year($6000), the $250(or up to)($1000 approx) is $13,000. Divided by 40 hours a week for four years is $1.56 per hour raise. Not bad in my book. Yeah all the negatives are gonna disagree with me, but the product commitments are pretty darn good, The buy outs will secure some jobs, you get pay in lieu back, the sick save money on office visits and profit sharing redefined. Besides COLA, is it really that bad?

Dam your good, I`ve been stressing this point all day at CAP. Oh, yes I was around in the 70`s....

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

• Like 1

Nice name!! :shades:

It is actually pretty good, great communication with the facebook and email wire, that is cool as heck. White pages on the internet!! For a blue collar worker in todays economics, it is pretty good. Not sure a clear on the profit sharing formula, but it looks pretty simple. Looking for rental property now, so when the cash comes I can invest it!

If my guess is correct, I am a little above average on hours worked so I am looking at around $11K before taxes....fking sweet!

Edited by Captain723
  • Like 1

Dam your good, I`ve been stressing this point all day at CAP. Oh, yes I was around in the 70`s....

I understand what these people are saying, I understand the "hey, at least you have a job" comments. I understand peoples frustration. I'm just saying it could be a lot worse. The company could of said "up yours" and this could have been BAD!!! The Tea party and the Republicans have really made head way in busting the union on all fronts. Realistically, the company could have rolled right along with them and said this is OUR time!!

Not to mention the equity of sacrifice grievance hasn't been settled. There is still a pretty good possibility that we (UAW) could be awarded that grievance. There were letters of understand in the past amendments of the 2007 contract that should support favor our way.

Nice name!! :shades:

It is actually pretty good, great communication with the facebook and email wire, that is cool as heck. White pages on the internet!! For a blue collar worker in todays economics, it is pretty good. Not sure a clear on the profit sharing formula, but it looks pretty simple. Looking for rental property now, so when the cash comes I can invest it!

If my guess is correct, I am a little above average on hours worked so I am looking at around $11K before taxes....fking sweet!

Here's to the Captain's :tequila:

You said the KEY words "BLUE COLLAR worker in today's economics"!!!! Yes, I want more!!! Yes, it would be nice to get everything we wanted!!! But Really? I'm looking forward to what we are getting!! ( That's if it passes ) Which I presume it will.

I wonder if this type of out look is from all that money Ford and the UAW keep pushing at KTP? I can only wonder why with all the overtime and ability to feel secure with the number one selling products at KTP, you can`t feel for the sisters and brother at the closing plants?

Is this attitude, that KTP 1989 seems to have, in the majority at KTP? I believe there are some at DTP with this attitude, also.

Ever have to pack up the family and move across country to keep a UAW job? Ever wake up wondering if your going to have work next week? Ever stand in line while someone states your form isn`t fill out right, now go to the end of the line? Must be really boring to hear the members stories about the "have not" plants....

Sounds like maybe KTP 1989 might think that he`s the center of the universe or something...

Decker

Chicago Assembly

I've changed plants twice...seen the good times and the bad...and have never seen a pile of shit contract like the one we have in front of us right now. This contract brings nothing to the table besides the check you get upfront that Ford Motor Company cant pull at anytime because the "market conditions" changed. It's a sellout and should be sent back up north and redone. If it's so great then why doesnt the IUAW live under it as we do instead of their own "special" agreement...let's head back to the table. You can feel all warm and fuzzy because of the "promises" that the company has made but I can tell you without question that they don't live up to them and the Union doesn't have the balls to make them....regardless where you work.