Skilled Taking $100,000 Buyouts

louie

I know many trades working in production and on ILO. Many Trades are leaving with the $100,000 incentive. Is there a cap on the amount. The Rouge trades will be taking the $100,000 in large numbers bringing trades back.

What are you hearing at your location? I am hearing retirement eligible are jumping all over this opportunity.

• Like 2

I know many trades working in production and on ILO. Many Trades are leaving with the $100,000 incentive. Is there a cap on the amount. The Rouge trades will be taking the $100,000 in large numbers bringing trades back.

What are you hearing at your location? I am hearing retirement eligible are jumping all over this opportunity.

I know some who have waited for $100k. No doubt they will be leaving.

The guys I see with over 30 are all trying to get to 50 and will probably be around to give me and you a kick in the ass out the door.Well see what happens.100 grand + signing bonus+ profit sharing = a nice deal.Life dont go on forever and there are nicer places to be than inside a plant.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

If there is ANYTHING to hold up as a good offer in this concession contract is the offer for anyone to accept a cash buy-out, especially if those openings are filled by those waiting for an opportunity to return to their trade. No one is forced or coerced. A big carrot. Take it or not.

Apparently some people really dont understand the value of 6 BILLION DOLLARS invested

Damned big carrot unless you are at a plant that got investment last time and your job is secure

I haven't heard anything about a cap. At my location, there is definitely a buzz in skilled about the $100,000.

Most of the 30+ seniority trades at my plant are just pissed off..............................they had to come up with a bullshit excuse to pass up the 70k buyout, and now this buyout is forcing them to come up with an even better bullshit excuse to pass up 100k...............THEY'RE GOIN NOWHERE BUT IN TO WORK EVERY DAY THEY CAN!..............pathetic!

• Like 1

I guess my big question about all the buy outs is, how are they being funded??? Is VEBA funding them???

Our bargaining rep went to Detroit today and said that the $100,000 incentive is funded by Fords general budget and will get a return on the $100,000 after a entry level works in the place of the trades that leave production and return to trades.

Pretty smart of the IUAW, it gets trades back to tools and gets entry level to gain product