$10,000 by December Guaranteed

Sharp Shooter

From the Highlights, we get the following and it's guaranteed, if we ratify this agreement:

$6000 after ratification

$3750 in Profit Sharing in mid-November

$250 in Competitive Awards in December.

Grand Total of $10000.

Well what do you know... It's time to ratify a new contract and here comes some recently-registered members talking up the deal, telling us how we should vote yes, and talking about how the negotiators "rock" and "hit it out of the park". :rolleyes: It happens every time the membership has to vote on something.

We see right through you. You're a paid IUAW shill - no different than any other spammer on this message board trying to sell e-cigarettes or bootleg electronics. We're not buying the BS you're selling.

We're not going to just go by the highlights. We know the devil is in the details. Pimp your wares elsewhere and stop spamming us.

• Like 6

From the Highlights, we get the following and it's guaranteed, if we ratify this agreement:

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

Big deal 37.5% of that money I would be getting next year anyway . My TESPE is already maxed out this year . Thanks for nothing .

• Like 1

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

For the highlights, we get a total of $16,752 over the life of the agreement...Now, break that down over 4 years with each check taxed at 42%!! Why are you working so hard to sell this contract? Oh, I know, so IUAW can give themselves a raise once it's ratified...You are sooo deceiving!!!

• Like 5

For the highlights, we get a total of $16,752 over the life of the agreement...Now, break that down over 4 years with each check taxed at 42%!! Why are you working so hard to sell this contract? Oh, I know, so IUAW can give themselves a raise once it's ratified...You are sooo deceiving!!!

That doesn't include profit sharing for the year's 2013, 2014 and 2015 and the last two quarters of this year either.

Just presenting the facts rather than part of them.

• Like 2

That doesn't include profit sharing for the year's 2013, 2014 and 2015 and the last two quarters of this year either.

Just presenting the facts rather than part of them.

I did presented the facts, I responded to what Sharp mentioned in the highlights. Look at the bottom of the tentative agreement, the total over 4 years listed $16752 that's includes the $1500 we get in June of each year. I didn't make this up, I only read and wrote what I saw printed.

• Like 1

I did presented the facts, I responded to what Sharp mentioned in the highlights. Look at the bottom of the tentative agreement, the total over 4 years listed $16752 that's includes the $1500 we get in June of each year. I didn't make this up, I only read and wrote what I saw printed.

You are right, we are getting a guaranteed $16572 over the life of this agreement. That doesn't include profit sharing in the following years. That will definitely put us up in the $25-30,000 range based on our continued good sales. Thanks for pointing that out. that is another good reason to vote for this agreement.

• Like 4

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

wow they did SO MUCH for us. hey retard, how much have we given up since '05? much more then 10k. go back under the desk and come back up when you got a better deal.

• Like 5

It also states that it doesn't include profit sharing for 3 1/2 years of the 4 year contract since that is TBD. That is printed right below the figure you refer to.

• Like 1

I've read all 562 pages and can't find the "Big White Elephant" that tells me to vote NO! I will admit that I voted no on the last contract as well as the last two concession packages. Although this is not the deal that I was hoping for it is a lot better than the deal I thought they would give us to vote on. I don't like the cap on profit sharing at 12,000 per year, i don't like the fact that retirees are not getting a pay raise, I don't like the fact we are not getting COLA back, I don't like the fact that O/T is not paid until over 40 hrs in a week on an AWS instead of after 8 hrs per day, I don't like the fact Entry Level Employees will not receive dental until 3 years and vision until 5 years seniority, I don't like the fact they can mandatory 10.7 hrs to obtain 10.0 hrs of production on a 4x10 AWS, I don't like the fact that skilled trades teams will be implemented at all facilities. Most of these dislikes are already in the last contract and I would have obviosly loved to get all of them back. The rational person inside of me realizes that there is some good in this contract. I DO like the fact ETAP will go from 4600 to 5000, I DO like the fact KCAP employees will be listed at TLO not ILO during the 12-14 month model change when 1100-1300 people will be laid off, I DO like the fact Entry Level Employees will receive a pay raise of up to 3.50 per hour, I Do like the fact Entry Level Employees will receive a $500 voucher on top of "A" plan to purchase a new Ford/Lincoln, I DO like the fact we won "pay in lieu" back, I DO like the $6000 signing bonus, I DO like the fact of $1500 bonus every June, I DO like the fact Entry Level Employees will not have an urgent care or ER co-pay, I DO like the fact of updating the fitness center equipment, I DO like the major investments in the US plants (ie KCAP, FLATROCK, OHAP, LAP), I DO like the fact of profit sharing paid on first two quarters this year (Money we can't lose with corporate right offs).

As you can see there are many likes and dislikes in this contract, and there are more that I didn't mention. I don't think that we went backwards this time. Although we didn't get as much as I would like I do think that the Elected officials did a fair job and made some gains, although modest. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

I've read all 562 pages and can't find the "Big White Elephant" that tells me to vote NO! I will admit that I voted no on the last contract as well as the last two concession packages. Although this is not the deal that I was hoping for it is a lot better than the deal I thought they would give us to vote on. I don't like the cap on profit sharing at 12,000 per year, i don't like the fact that retirees are not getting a pay raise, I don't like the fact we are not getting COLA back, I don't like the fact that O/T is not paid until over 40 hrs in a week on an AWS instead of after 8 hrs per day, I don't like the fact Entry Level Employees will not receive dental until 3 years and vision until 5 years seniority, I don't like the fact they can mandatory 10.7 hrs to obtain 10.0 hrs of production on a 4x10 AWS, I don't like the fact that skilled trades teams will be implemented at all facilities. Most of these dislikes are already in the last contract and I would have obviosly loved to get all of them back. The rational person inside of me realizes that there is some good in this contract. I DO like the fact ETAP will go from 4600 to 5000, I DO like the fact KCAP employees will be listed at TLO not ILO during the 12-14 month model change when 1100-1300 people will be laid off, I DO like the fact Entry Level Employees will receive a pay raise of up to 3.50 per hour, I Do like the fact Entry Level Employees will receive a $500 voucher on top of "A" plan to purchase a new Ford/Lincoln, I DO like the fact we won "pay in lieu" back, I DO like the $6000 signing bonus, I DO like the fact of $1500 bonus every June, I DO like the fact Entry Level Employees will not have an urgent care or ER co-pay, I DO like the fact of updating the fitness center equipment, I DO like the major investments in the US plants (ie KCAP, FLATROCK, OHAP, LAP), I DO like the fact of profit sharing paid on first two quarters this year (Money we can't lose with corporate right offs).

As you can see there are many likes and dislikes in this contract, and there are more that I didn't mention. I don't think that we went backwards this time. Although we didn't get as much as I would like I do think that the Elected officials did a fair job and made some gains, although modest. Just my two cents.

I'm kind of leaning the same way. While I was expecting a little more out of this contract, I can also kind of understand why we only got what we got. Not saying that I'm going to be a HOORAY YEAH THIS IS A GREAT AGREEMENT! but it's also not concessionary, as far as I can tell. I'm still going through the entire contract, which I think, give credit where credit is due, is a good thing that the IUAW has made available to us. At least every member has the opportunity to read the whole thing at home instead of just being treated to the highlights.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, it's $6K after taxes NOW just because they tax the heck out of these bonus checks. Most of us will get a good chunk of what they take out back when we file our return.

No matter what we're given in bonuses, a large chunk will go to taxes temporarily.

Taxes, you can't avoid them.

You are right Twincam. We will get 60% now and another good chunk when we file tax returns. Quite often that gives us another 20-30%, so we are getting a lot of cash. Too bad some of these dumb fuckers don't have a brain.

Did I miss something???? $6000 AFTER taxes???? I understood that to be a pre-tax amount. Where is it stated that we get $6000 after taxes? Secondly, I was told by one of our elected reps that we will not be able to put any portion this signing bonus in our TESPHE.

Then the $3750 profit sharing in November, don't forget, VEBA gets 10% off the top. I don't mind helping out our retirees, but I though King made the statement that VEBA was solid for something like the next 75 years, If VEBA is solid, why does the IUAW want 10% of the profit sharing diverted to VEBA. What is their motive for this??? Do you think that it is because the UAW took so much stock in leiu of cash for the funding of VEBA and now the stock is sinking? Or does IUAW have some other motive?

Did anyone happen to notice that in the new tenative agreement that COLA is no longer "suspended"? The way I read it, COLA is GONE FOREVER. Along with Christmas bonuses and several other items.

As for the $250 quality bonus.... I read that and thought that to be actually pretty crappy.... The amount is up to $250 and is subject to the company's metrics and numbers. And we all know how the company loves to "cook the books". Not to mention a whole year's worth of continuous improvment and they get ir for a mere $250.

Personally I would rather see no signing bonuses paid and the people vote on the contract based on the pure facts of what is, or isn't, there. Not too mention, every time the company throws out large sums of money, I can't help but think "how are we gonna get screwed this time??? What are they hiding????"

These are just my own thoughts, questions, and such. Please feel free to offer up your own thoughts and answers you may have.

• Like 2

I am always a pessimist when it comes to contractual language. I try to put on "Company" glasses and read it the way their side negotiated it. You are correct about COLA. It has been struck from the language no longer a "Suspended" program. Same goes for several other programs one of which is legal service if I recall correctly. The one topic that I would disagree with you on is the 10% of profit sharing goes to VEBA. This is mentioned very briefly on the final page of the contract, how convenient, and it is very vague. It states the company is not comfortable with the legality of the issue and they are going to continue to look into the matter and make a decision within 12 months of ratification. Pretty Vague to me. If that is the truth doesn't sound like thet will be taking out the 10% this year. Wouldn't doubt they come back after it next year as something we "OWE" the union. LOL

• Like 1

Well what do you know... It's time to ratify a new contract and here comes some recently-registered members talking up the deal, telling us how we should vote yes, and talking about how the negotiators "rock" and "hit it out of the park". :rolleyes: It happens every time the membership has to vote on something.

We see right through you. You're a paid IUAW shill - no different than any other spammer on this message board trying to sell e-cigarettes or bootleg electronics. We're not buying the BS you're selling.

We're not going to just go by the highlights. We know the devil is in the details. Pimp your wares elsewhere and stop spamming us.

Well said Brother.

• Like 1

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us,about 30,000 dollars they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.so what u saying they owe us 20,000

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?

I vote no because they lie to us .Bob King said veba was good for 80 years how quickly we forget now thry want to take 10 percent of a profit sharing with a cap thats not guarantee.

• Like 1

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?Also 6000 dollars after taxes ,uncle sam wants his cut we paid union 1,15percent of that to IUAW about 115 dollars times 40000 =about 4million dollars in IUAW pockets,iI means funds for their 2nd pension and 2nd health care plan paid by our union dues the others by ford company.

• Like 1

You are right Twincam. We will get 60% now and another good chunk when we file tax returns. Quite often that gives us another 20-30%, so we are getting a lot of cash. Too bad some of these dumb fuckers don't have a brain.

I clearly understand taxes and yes I do have a brain! I was thinking if Ford and IUAW really wanted to window dress it, why not payout one Lump Sum, Competitive Bonus and Profit Share (first 2Qs 2011) of $16752 and be taxed one time instead of individual payouts...that's the reason I mentioned the taxes. I was only thinking out loud, my baddd!

• Like 1

$6000 after ratification

Grand Total of $10000.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?Uncle sam wants it its cut so about ,6000,then union share about 115 dollars times 41000 employees =over 4million goes to IUAW to do whatever they want with it,it problemly go into their 2nd pension fund and healthcare they get when they retire from our union dues and the other ones like us from ford.Just like congress didn't they just vote themself a raise recently.

• Like 1