Gary W. admits to Leadership

Pulse

Brother Walcowitz admitted to Brother Goddard and the rest of the leadership that this is the BEST contract they could have brought back to the membership...but still recommends a NO vote. WOW!!! Brother Settles told him to repeat himself so he could compare what was just said to what would be written today...LOL!!!

• Like 8

Brother Walcowitz admitted to Brother Goddard and the rest of the leadership that this is the BEST contract they could have brought back to the membership...but still recommends a NO vote. WOW!!! Brother Settles told him to repeat himself so he could compare what was just said to what would be written today...LOL!!!

Its really clear to everyone he is our village idiot. Nothing to see here, move along

• Like 4

Brother Walcowitz admitted to Brother Goddard and the rest of the leadership that this is the from hell contract they could have brought a more Godly one back to the membership...but still recommends a NO vote. WOW!!! Brother Settles told him to repeat himself so he could compare what was just said to what would be written today...LOL!!!

LMAO off when its voted down too,he meant to say r u kidding me with this contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by itsmeuaw
  • Like 4

When Gary's voice is heard at the voting polls next week, we will all thank him for fine leadership in sticking to his guns and standing up for the membership as a whole. I support Gary and his message. His voice is threatening the top leadership because one day he will be UAW president and they are worried. Worried that the middle class may prevail again in the auto industry.

If our solidarity was strong like it was back in the 80's and 90's we wouldn't be jumping off the boat hog tied trying to catch a fish..

That's right the IUAW and company has us Hog Tied. We no longer have anyone but people like Gary to stand up for us. The IUAW won't do it cause they are just content on getting a yes vote instead of fighting to get back the things we lost.

So what if we have to walk the picket line for 2 weeks!

So what if you only make 200 bucks a week for strike wages!

I SUPPORT GARY W.

And I'll bring the charcoals and lighter fluid, we need someone to bring the pop, someone to bring the bread, someone to bring the hot dogs...

VOTING THIS DOWN WILL GET US MORE $$$$$$ DO THE RIGHT THING VOTE NO

People will finally hear your voice and we will become one again!

Look at the PEOPLE protesting the fat money greedy cats of wall street, if we had 10% of the solidarity those people have we would all be reaping in 20k signing bonuses, COLA, regular raises, fair break times, fair working conditions etc.

Lets stand up Next Week and show them who does the negotiating around here.

ONE UNION - ONE ARMY - MIDDLE CLASS STRONG - THE UAW

Edited by novotingit
  • Like 3

Yeah well Brother Settles called us "no votes" unintelligent so he'll be hearing me ask for his resignation when he tours my plant. And i'll repeat it for him too.

Nothing worse than leadership who tries to intimidate and attack his own brothers because they are using their union right of voting. Add that in that Brother Settles left the bargaining table without a signing bonus for all, plants closing and he's not any brother of mine.

:stop:

Brother Settles visited KTP about a month before the contract to get a feel of what the workers wanted. He slinked in at late evening, talked to a few people and was long gone. Assembly line workers were waiting to speak to him. Thanks SISTER Settles.

• Like 4

Brother Settles visited KTP about a month before the contract to get a feel of what the workers wanted. He slinked in at late evening, talked to a few people and was long gone. Assembly line workers were waiting to speak to him. Thanks SISTER Settles.

He was most likely laughed at and told to get the f**k out or told off by a lot of people, usually when they make an abrupt exit that means they got yelled at for pushing crap on us. The membership is not stupid anymore. I would rather strike and get half of what I lost back, then agree and get nothing at all which is what they are trying to push on us.

ballot.jpg?t=

Edited by novotingit
  • Like 3

The asswipe tried to back out of his statements. LOL! What an ass.

• Like 5

When Gary's voice is heard at the voting polls next week, we will all thank him for fine leadership in sticking to his guns and standing up for the membership as a whole. I support Gary and his message. His voice is threatening the top leadership because one day he will be UAW president and they are worried. Worried that the middle class may prevail again in the auto industry.

If our solidarity was strong like it was back in the 80's and 90's we wouldn't be jumping off the boat hog tied trying to catch a fish..

That's right the IUAW and company has us Hog Tied. We no longer have anyone but people like Gary to stand up for us. The IUAW won't do it cause they are just content on getting a yes vote instead of fighting to get back the things we lost.

I SUPPORT GARY W.

And I'll bring the charcoals and lighter fluid, we need someone to bring the pop, someone to bring the bread, someone to bring the hot dogs...

Look at the PEOPLE protesting the fat money greedy cats of wall street, if we had 10% of the solidarity those people have we would all be reaping in 20k signing bonuses, COLA, regular raises, fair break times, fair working conditions etc.

The only way the membership can regain control is to demand an end to the Delegate System in favor of Open General Elections for all IUAW posts, including President! NO MORE anointed leaders! WE DESERVE a say on who our leaders are!!

• Like 3

So, wait...do I understand this right? He said it was the best contract they could have brought back to the membership, but he still doesn't like it? I don't understand. All I ever hear from Gary and the other people who type in big letters and all caps is that they want more. I hear from some people that we should have a more democratic process, which might actually be a decent idea. But other than that, which just seems aimed at trying to get Gary a larger share of the vote than he got last time at the convention, is no solutions.

It's ok to be frustrated and voice your opinion about your frustrations, but what are you going to do about it, realistically? What is your strategy for negotiating a better deal with the company beyond voting no? It seems just like a childish protest vote from a lot (NOT ALL, looking at you FiredMotorCompany) of people on here. I want to hear some strategies and solutions beyond going into Mulally's office and saying "WE DEMAND THIS" and thinking he's going to give it to you. I've read some of the other forums about how Gary negotiated a 15 page local agreement and then voted it down because he said the company screwed him. If that's the kind of negotiating skills he has....well, I think it really speaks for itself.

• Like 3

He is one of the few that at least stands up and speaks his mind to the UAW Leadership, Presidents, and Chairpersons at the National Ford Department meeting instead of keeping quiet because you don't want to piss off the International UAW and the Ford department because then they may close your plant!

I think the elected National Ford Negoiators did the best they could and had to follow the pattern of the G.M. Agreement and made it a little better money wise to buy the votes of the memership but I for the life of me can't understand why this is the first contract in history that FORGOT about it's past, present, and future retires that built this union and company?????

If you want to see a copy of the 2011 Ford Highlights and contract go to - http://www.soldiersofsolidarity.com/

• Like 3

I don't know why these clowns keep going on and on and back and forth with us. We could have had better without a strike. Its obvious. We should have known when we got moved in between GM and Fiat that we were in trouble. you can't get us what we deserve and then get Fiat shit. We got held back to make it easier for fiat workers to settle for less.

You're probably right. Check out this post on the Chrysler negotiations: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47394-automotive-news-marchionne-calls-ford-gm-deals-overly-generous-as-chrysler-uaw-talks-intensify/

• Like 1

So, wait...do I understand this right? He said it was the best contract they could have brought back to the membership, but he still doesn't like it? I don't understand. All I ever hear from Gary and the other people who type in big letters and all caps is that they want more. I hear from some people that we should have a more democratic process, which might actually be a decent idea. But other than that, which just seems aimed at trying to get Gary a larger share of the vote than he got last time at the convention, is no solutions.

It's ok to be frustrated and voice your opinion about your frustrations, but what are you going to do about it, realistically? What is your strategy for negotiating a better deal with the company beyond voting no? It seems just like a childish protest vote from a lot (NOT ALL, looking at you FiredMotorCompany) of people on here. I want to hear some strategies and solutions beyond going into Mulally's office and saying "WE DEMAND THIS" and thinking he's going to give it to you. I've read some of the other forums about how Gary negotiated a 15 page local agreement and then voted it down because he said the company screwed him. If that's the kind of negotiating skills he has....well, I think it really speaks for itself.

Yes sir poop! Hahahaha...that sounded funny! But anyway...his advice was to scrap this agreement and just "take on Ford Motor Company"...EVEN THOUGH he admits to it being the best deal...

He is one of the few that at least stands up and speaks his mind to the UAW Leadership, Presidents, and Chairpersons at the National Ford Department meeting instead of keeping quiet because you don't want to piss off the International UAW and the Ford department because then they may close your plant!

I think the elected National Ford Negoiators did the best they could and had to follow the pattern of the G.M. Agreement and made it a little better money wise to buy the votes of the memership but I for the life of me can't understand why this is the first contract in history that FORGOT about it's past, present, and future retires that built this union and company?????

If you want to see a copy of the 2011 Ford Highlights and contract go to - http://www.soldiersofsolidarity.com/

There is a way to address any leadership...it's called respect and protocal. Your buddy stands up and grand stands. He got some straightenin' and finally did it properly after the third try...

• Like 3

Gary has no clue to what he wants, he just wants to vote NO. That guy voted against a contract he bargained. Do you think he might have some mental issues?

• Like 4

I SUPPORT GARY W.

You really believe that Ford is just going to hand over 20k bonuses because we vote NO? Heh? Unfortunately, we no longer have the numbers and power that we once had years ago. We could strike and then what? Ford is going to suddenly give us everything back and just move along? I understand and agree that we deserve ALOT more...we all do. Unfortunately, we are fucked right now because of the losses to our membership, the economy, and public perception.

We all fell asleep at the wheel years ago because when times were good...I didn't hear one peep about solidarity or strikes or how we deserve more of the pie. We sucked on that titty as much as the next person and now...here we are, crying about what we lost...but we're still working for Ford. Don't shit on others for believing that this is a decent agreement considering everything else outside of the "Ford bubble" that is happening to workers all over the country. Your still bitching about the past...because you obviously believed the promises that we would get it back...but really? Let's move foward and unite. I agree with you in that respect, but whining about the past still??

That ship...done sailed.

• Like 4

You really believe that Ford is just going to hand over 20k bonuses because we vote NO? Heh? Unfortunately, we no longer have the numbers and power that we once had years ago. We could strike and then what? Ford is going to suddenly give us everything back and just move along? I understand and agree that we deserve ALOT more...we all do. Unfortunately, we are fucked right now because of the losses to our membership, the economy, and public perception.

We all fell asleep at the wheel years ago because when times were good...I didn't hear one peep about solidarity or strikes or how we deserve more of the pie. We sucked on that titty as much as the next person and now...here we are, crying about what we lost...but we're still working for Ford. Don't shit on others for believing that this is a decent agreement considering everything else outside of the "Ford bubble" that is happening to workers all over the country. Your still bitching about the past...because you obviously believed the promises that we would get it back...but really? Let's move foward and unite. I agree with you in that respect, but whining about the past still??

That ship...done sailed.

Damn! Dead on accurate post, Sanchez!!!! Dead on accurate, son. +1
  • Like 1

He was most likely laughed at and told to get the f**k out or told off by a lot of people, usually when they make an abrupt exit that means they got yelled at for pushing crap on us. The membership is not stupid anymore. I would rather strike and get half of what I lost back, then agree and get nothing at all which is what they are trying to push on us.

ballot.jpg?t=

Quite the contrary. Anybody who votes no should leave and find a better job. There are thousand waiting to replace all of the no votes. There new hires will work harder and have a better attitude.

• Like 3

Yeah well Brother Settles called us "no votes" unintelligent so he'll be hearing me ask for his resignation when he tours my plant. And i'll repeat it for him too.

Nothing worse than leadership who tries to intimidate and attack his own brothers because they are using their union right of voting. Add that in that Brother Settles left the bargaining table without a signing bonus for all, plants closing and he's not any brother of mine.

:stop:

So what the fuck are you doing preaching your BS on here, and attacking people for posting their thoughts? Asking for his resignation.... Thats the dumbest shit I've seen on BON yet!!!! Did he hurt your poor old feelings? Awe, poor little baby got his feelings hurt..... Grow up!

Edited by el norte
  • Like 3

That ship...done sailed.

Yeah and if we keep voting yes every 4 years on the first deal that comes a long we just keep losing. Man your argument is meaningless and ignorant. Go ahead and vote yes you dumb ass, see what you get on the next contract that comes a long. Keep giving them concessions. A 2 week strike would put this company right where they belong, "In Our bargain seat". Yes then we will have the real bargaining power.

Also stop putting words in Gary's mouth, he didn't state that this contract was good at all so stop saying that to try and sway the no voters.. Go clock in for the solid house, the street lights are on time for coolaid.

Edited by novotingit

Yeah and if we keep voting yes every 4 years on the first deal that comes a long we just keep losing. Man your argument is meaningless and ignorant. Go ahead and vote yes you dumb ass, see what you get on the next contract that comes a long. Keep giving them concessions. A 2 week strike would put this company right where they belong, "In Our bargain seat". Yes then we will have the real bargaining power.

Also stop putting words in Gary's mouth, he didn't state that this contract was good at all so stop saying that to try and sway the no voters.. Go clock in for the solid house, the street lights are on time for coolaid.

I remember GM striking on the last contract, and look where that got them! I have a hard time believing the IUAW aims low just so the membership votes no, and they can go back to the table to try and get pennys back. THAT seems meaningless, and ignorant to me!

• Like 1

I remember GM striking on the last contract, and look where that got them! I have a hard time believing the IUAW aims low just so the membership votes no, and they can go back to the table to try and get pennys back. THAT seems meaningless, and ignorant to me!

They don't aim low, they just don't aim at all, if they did, then you wouldn't get everyone in here coming in with a no vote attitude, nice try solid house pusher.

BTW I personally know 6 people outside of BOF that don't have a computer that's voting no..

now if every worker knows 3-6 people voting no, I think we'll be on strike and it's about time..

get it all now up front while we can, we may not be alive in 10 years, ford will still be making vehicles don't worry.

Why worry about today when you got "tomorrow's product commitments" again.

lol

Edited by novotingit

Ford already has the highest labor cost of any automaker in North America, and you think a two week strike is a good thing? You are so ignorant, especially in your complete disregard for what effect your actions would have on public opinion. What would it take to get it through you thick skull, that if you were to succeed at strike and getting a better agreement, that it would backfire on you by chasing customers away from Ford? Would it actually take losing sales?
  • Like 3

Ford already has the highest labor cost of any automaker in North America, and you think a two week strike is a good thing? You are so ignorant, especially in your complete disregard for what effect your actions would have on public opinion. What would it take to get it through you thick skull, that if you were to succeed at strike and getting a better agreement, that it would backfire on you by chasing customers away from Ford? Would it actually take losing sales?

Len, novotingit is a tool, plain and simple. Can't describe the sonovabitch any other way.

Right here, in the Detroit 'burbs, I have neighbors, working for suppliers, actively lobbying other neighbors to take their new car business to Toyota or Nissan, just based on what they read here, trolling BOF, and the comments in the Free Press and the News by other IUAW members whining that they want a raise. Suppliers who do business with ALL the automakers in North America, so it makes no never mind to them if a sale that was a Ford, instead goes to Toyota. Makes it even hard to make a case for buying a Ford when another neighbor works at Toyota's Ann Arbor engineering center. Makes it even hard when I have another neighbor who is a Ford salaried retiree, who has taken so much of a beating the last ten years, that he buys Hondas, and he trolls these forums regular and bitches about IUAW members like novotingit.

novotingit and the rest of idiot friends are nothing less than myopic, and they are going to do more to hurt all of us than anything else I can think of.

• Like 4