Are you prepared to go out on strike?

Spring

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you prepared to go on strike if this agreement is voted down?

• Yes
    • No

I just am doing a cursory poll to see how people feel about this tentative agreement.

I think our tenitive agreement falls way short of what would be reasonable given our sacrifices and accomplishments toward productivity and quality....

Am I ready to strike over it....

You're darn right I am....

Solidarity

• Like 2

I think our tenitive agreement falls way short of what would be reasonable given our sacrifices and accomplishments toward productivity and quality....

Am I ready to strike over it....

You're darn right I am....

Solidarity

I do not understand why anyone would want a job in a union factory if they are unwilling to go on strike.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they want to enjoy the rewards from the people that came before them without having to make any sacrifices themselves.

Similar to the transplants that want to enjoy a higher wage because of the uaw without actually joining and paying union dues.

• Like 1

A thought just occurred to me....if we were to go out on strike, we get $200 per week in strike assistance benefit. I wonder how the IUAW and National Ford's salary would be affected, if at all.....just a thought ......I don't think it would affect them in any way.....I could be mistaken but I don't think I am......

We know the process, and the mere threat of a strike will force the company's hand to give us more, if you go back to the table a 3rd time your more likely to be striking at that point. When this contract gets voted down, I-SOLID will go back to the table and get another 1,000, then it will pass. And if you dumb asses vote yes on that your crazy.. STOP INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE ALREADY "I - Solid Pushers".

As Caroline Manzo would say "Buckle up, your now in the O-K coral" and the membership will voice it's future not the money pickers.

So you are voting this down so we get another $1000? I'm not sure I understand your point.

I would go on strike if called upon, so I voted yes. But reality is most people will talk about strike and would end up bitching about it if it came to it. I will stand by I think the good outweighs the bad in the tentive agreement, not saying I am completly happy with everything but the gains made outweigh the alternative.

Name me the last Major UAW strike ? American Axle; and I will show you jobs that are now in Mexico even after 90+ days of strike pay and settling for what they went out on. Until Union numbers grow tremendously we would only be hurting ourselves, at the current rate that will not happen with one union alone.

Public perception of unions by and far is shit, unless several major unions if not all unions joined as one all will continue to fight there small little fights and lose in the long run. Just look at our numbers now compared to 2007, 2003 need I go on ?

• Like 1

I would go on strike if called upon, so I voted yes. But reality is most people will talk about strike and would end up bitching about it if it came to it. I will stand by I think the good outweighs the bad in the tentive agreement, not saying I am completly happy with everything but the gains made outweigh the alternative.

Name me the last Major UAW strike ? American Axle; and I will show you jobs that are now in Mexico even after 90+ days of strike pay and settling for what they went out on. Until Union numbers grow tremendously we would only be hurting ourselves, at the current rate that will not happen with one union alone.

Public perception of unions by and far is shit, unless several major unions if not all unions joined as one all will continue to fight there small little fights and lose in the long run. Just look at our numbers now compared to 2007, 2003 need I go on ?

Dead on accurate about American Axle, and dead on accurate about public perception of unions. Not only that, but if you talk to the rank-and-file members of other unions, you'll find a deep seated hatred of the UAW & the CAW. And I think the piss poor public perception of unions is the biggest contributing factor to the transplants remaining non union. It's really easy for the transplants to find job candidates that are, at least, indifferent toward unions. And the transplants remaining non union will always be the biggest downward drag on Big Three wages.

At the current rate of decline, organized labor is an endangered species.

Dead on accurate about American Axle, and dead on accurate about public perception of unions. Not only that, but if you talk to the rank-and-file members of other unions, you'll find a deep seated hatred of the UAW & the CAW. And I think the piss poor public perception of unions is the biggest contributing factor to the transplants remaining non union. It's really easy for the transplants to find job candidates that are, at least, indifferent toward unions. And the transplants remaining non union will always be the biggest downward drag on Big Three wages.

At the current rate of decline, organized labor is an endangered species.

I think you're overthinkging this....

American Axle isn't UAW Ford....

And the public doesn't go to work every day in our shops....

Now without going into every detail of what is good or bad with this tenitive agreement..... Let me please pose one simple question....

Who out there knows anyone.... anyone who's been at any job..... I don't care if it's Mc'Donalds..... that has been employed at their job for 12 years and hasn't recieved a raise?????? ......

Does anyone know some one like that????.....

How about 8 years???? ......

Does anyone know anybody .... other than us of course..... that has been at their job 8 tears with no raise......

Give me a break......

The answer is no.....

Solidarity

Edited by unionguy963
  • Like 1

I think you're overthinkging this....

American Axle isn't UAW Ford....

And the public doesn't go to work every day in our shops....

Now without going into every detail of what is good or bad with this tenitive agreement..... Let me please pose one simple question....

Who out there knows anyone.... anyone who's been at any job..... I don't care if it's Mc'Donalds..... that has been employed at their job for 12 years and hasn't recieved a raise?????? ......

Does anyone know some one like that????.....

How about 8 years???? ......

Does anyone know anybody .... other than us of course..... that has been at their job 8 tears with no raise......

Give me a break......

The answer is no.....

Solidarity

I can name several including my wife who has been contracted to Ford for the last 10+ years and has only seen several pay cuts. Look at the people in IT very few are making 80% of what they made 10 to 15 years ago. Keep in mind that if you were to quit that there would be thousands in line to take your spot at the tier 2 rate.

I can name several including my wife who has been contracted to Ford for the last 10+ years and has only seen several pay cuts. Look at the people in IT very few are making 80% of what they made 10 to 15 years ago. Keep in mind that if you were to quit that there would be thousands in line to take your spot at the tier 2 rate.

I'll keep in mind of the fact, that not only did we give up pay to help the company survive. That we also lost tens of thousands of jobs. Its been emply promises after promises from the company. For example ohio assembly, they promised that plant jobs last contract, and if I am not mistaken cause I use to work at that plant. Repromised on the modifcations couple years ago to bring a new product by end of contract. Now they are recommitting what they already promised. Now the public thinks they are going to invest and bring in 12000 jobs. Yeah Right!

And they want to try to sell us contract with two seperate pay scales. Then try to make the public think we are getting $10,000 if we ratify when about $3700 will be from part of our profit sharing. Plus international wants us to pay 10% of my profit sharing to fund VEBA when it was underfunded from what Ford agree to pay in the first place. Hey King, How about you guys at international AND the Local Leaders take a paycut. Then take part of my union dues I pay every month and put a few bucks from that into the VEBA. IF WE have to sacrifice, how about you?

My vote is NO, why? Two Tier workers? I don't feel it's right a fellow union brother and sister is making less for the same job, while are ceo and presidents are being awarded multi million dollar bonuses.

One other thing, I am sick of the be happy you have a job comments. Especially from friends, media, and people who post on this forum. If you are not an employee, don't post in this section!!!!!

maybe this mite help:Last year, Ford posted a $6.6 billion profit, and GM posted $4.7 billion; Chrysler has posted profits of $116 million so far in 2011. In the meantime, the executives have rewarded themselves handsomely. Even with bankruptcy related caps, GM’s CEO was paid $9 million, and Ford’s made $26.5 million, including $9 million just in bonuses! Ford’s was so excessive that UAW President Bob King felt compelled to call it out as “morally wrong.” The companies, however, don’t care about morality. They aim to take advantage of the UAW’s new, “non-adversarial” approach, to ignore the membership’s needs. While management and the Union leadership talk about rewarding workers, all they have in mind is “profit sharing,” “gain sharing,” and “signing bonuses.” These “gifts” will come from the $7,000 to $30,000 that every worker already gave up since 2005. They are nothing more than bribes to win ratification of new agreements that will effectively freeze wages at their current depressed levels. This is unacceptable!

• Like 1

it sounds like u don't work for Ford go fight for your wife wage and get off this site othrtwise u know why we our voteing no:heres a little but their a lot more ,but please let your wife write it.

Last year, Ford posted a $6.6 billion profit, and GM posted $4.7 billion; Chrysler has posted profits of $116 million so far in 2011. In the meantime, the executives have rewarded themselves handsomely. Even with bankruptcy related caps, GM’s CEO was paid $9 million, and Ford’s made $26.5 million, including $9 million just in bonuses! Ford’s was so excessive that UAW President Bob King felt compelled to call it out as “morally wrong.” The companies, however, don’t care about morality. They aim to take advantage of the UAW’s new, “non-adversarial” approach, to ignore the membership’s needs. While management and the Union leadership talk about rewarding workers, all they have in mind is “profit sharing,” “gain sharing,” and “signing bonuses.” These “gifts” will come from the $7,000 to $30,000 that every worker already gave up since 2005. They are nothing more than bribes to win ratification of new agreements that will effectively freeze wages at their current depressed levels. This is unacceptable!

• Like 1

I'll keep in mind of the fact, that not only did we give up pay to help the company survive. That we also lost tens of thousands of jobs. Its been emply promises after promises from the company. For example ohio assembly, they promised that plant jobs last contract, and if I am not mistaken cause I use to work at that plant. Repromised on the modifcations couple years ago to bring a new product by end of contract. Now they are recommitting what they already promised. Now the public thinks they are going to invest and bring in 12000 jobs. Yeah Right!

And they want to try to sell us contract with two seperate pay scales. Then try to make the public think we are getting $10,000 if we ratify when about $3700 will be from part of our profit sharing. Plus international wants us to pay 10% of my profit sharing to fund VEBA when it was underfunded from what Ford agree to pay in the first place. Hey King, How about you guys at international AND the Local Leaders take a paycut. Then take part of my union dues I pay every month and put a few bucks from that into the VEBA. IF WE have to sacrifice, how about you?

My vote is NO, why? Two Tier workers? I don't feel it's right a fellow union brother and sister is making less for the same job, while are ceo and presidents are being awarded multi million dollar bonuses.

One other thing, I am sick of the be happy you have a job comments. Especially from friends, media, and people who post on this forum. If you are not an employee, don't post in this section!!!!!

#1 Look at the date I joined I have been a member since the start of this site. #2 Salary lost several as well. Some are doing the jobs that 3 or more did just 10 years ago. When things were tough all I heard was that it was all managements fault not the guys working in the trenches of the plants. Now that things are good the success is because of the people working in the trenches. So basically everything good that happens to the company happens because of you and everthing bad is not your fault. Lastly you maybe sick of hearing the truth but it is still the truth.

Let me put it to you this way then....

We have a stewardship.... a responsibility to the brothers and sisters who will follow behind us.....

Our CEO.... who was hired on the heels of breaking the aircraft mechanics union......

Went to Washington and testified, he was good where he was at, in regards to taking a pay cut to $1 a year..... because he wasn't willing to give up a thing....

Is the message we want to send, we're good where we're at, we make enough money and don't need or deserve a raise from now on....

Listen, we're working in our shops to make money...

We gave up on average 15,000 per year in wages and benefits and Ford has done nothing but make billions and billions in profit ever since.....

And we get nothing.... Even less with the cap on profit sharing and the loss of legal services in 2013......

We can do better than that for the future of our brothers and sisters who will follow behind us.....

No one likes a strike..... But guess what..... That's what happens sometimes when your struggling for good faith bargaining.... which we haven't gotten as far as I can see.....

I know there are thousands of people out there who think they would like to have our jobs....

The question is ... are they willing to try and cross our line and get their skull cracked in the mean time trying to take our jobs from us.....

Good for them.... We'll be ready.... They don't call them SCABS for nothing....

Solidarity

• Like 1

Let me put it to you this way then....

We have a stewardship.... a responsibility to the brothers and sisters who will follow behind us.....

Our CEO.... who was hired on the heels of breaking the aircraft mechanics union......

Went to Washington and testified, he was good where he was at, in regards to taking a pay cut to $1 a year..... because he wasn't willing to give up a thing....

Is the message we want to send, we're good where we're at, we make enough money and don't need or deserve a raise from now on....

Listen, we're working in our shops to make money...

We gave up on average 15,000 per year in wages and benefits and Ford has done nothing but make billions and billions in profit ever since.....

And we get nothing.... Even less with the cap on profit sharing and the loss of legal services in 2013......

We can do better than that for the future of our brothers and sisters who will follow behind us.....

No one likes a strike..... But guess what..... That's what happens sometimes when your struggling for good faith bargaining.... which we haven't gotten as far as I can see.....

I know there are thousands of people out there who think they would like to have our jobs....

The question is ... are they willing to try and cross our line and get their skull cracked in the mean time trying to take our jobs from us.....

Good for them.... We'll be ready.... They don't call them SCABS for nothing....

Solidarity

Are you really going to injure another human being for trying to get a job when there are about 30 million people unemployed because there are no wage increases and your profit sharing is capped at 12 thousand? To me, that's despicable.McDonald's recently hired like 50k people in 1 day and had more applications than they knew what to do with. Fucking MCDONALDS!!!! MINIMUM WAGE!!!! I'm not getting rich off this job, but I'm not going broke either. I made some choices in my life that dictated that my job is going to be working in a factory at Ford. So be it. I want to impart to my child the lessons that I've learned and work my ass off to make sure he has a better life, and this job affords me the opportunity to do that.

Am I completely happy with this contract and think it's the best there ever was? NO. Would I like to see COLA back and a 3% wage increase every year? HELL YES! But, I also look at the broader picture. When I see my neighbors getting their homes foreclosed on, when I see people just barely scraping by, I thank my lucky stars that I have this job. And I already know people will say "it's people like you who think they should just be happy to have a job that are the problem with this UNION." Why don't you go talk to some people who aren't in your area? Talk to some teachers with a Master's degree they are paying off making 1/3 of what we are. Talk to some people who got laid off. Talk to some neighbors about their financial situation and how they are scraping by.

Yeah, we may have to do without the bass boat or the new flat screen TV, but can our kids still eat? YES. Can we still get them christmas presents? YES. When did the middle class start thinking they were the upper class? That we were ENTITLED to the shit that we've been buying because we worked unlimited overtime in the past?

We have a problem in America to be sure. But it isn't with this contract. It's with the ME ME ME attitude. It's with the MORE MORE MORE attitude. It's with people who think that whatever they have it just ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH and it's not WHAT THEY DESERVE. Guess what? That's exactly what the people on Wall Street say every fucking day. We are the MIDDLE CLASS. We WORK FOR A LIVING. And Frankly, brothers and sisters, a lot of people need to manage their money better and look IN instead of OUT for the problem. I see it all the time in my plant, people living paycheck to paycheck. I know that isn't the situation of some people. Some people have elderly parents they are taking care of, and other circumstances that make it hard on them. But nobody said it was going to be easy. We made our choice to be factory workers, and nobody said it was going to be easy and we were going to have cushy lives with all the money we could ever want.

Maybe it's time for an honest accounting of how WE, individually, do our business. We also need to look at our politicians and how they do theirs. We need to get involved, beyond just contract time. That's my two cents anyway. Take it or Leave it. (Here's anticipating 20 comments saying "leave it")

• Like 1

#1 Look at the date I joined I have been a member since the start of this site. #2 Salary lost several as well. Some are doing the jobs that 3 or more did just 10 years ago. When things were tough all I heard was that it was all managements fault not the guys working in the trenches of the plants. Now that things are good the success is because of the people working in the trenches. So basically everything good that happens to the company happens because of you and everthing bad is not your fault. Lastly you maybe sick of hearing the truth but it is still the truth.

Just cause you joined the forum doesn't mean you are actually a Ford Employee. Anyone can join the Forum site. This section is suppose to be for Ford employees only. I didnt say everything good happens because of the union workers, and I didn't say everything bad is cause of management. I said we gave up certain benefits to HELP this company survive. To HELP avoid bankruptcy and government loans. Ford cut many jobs. Union workforce was cut by more than half, and I also know salary lost many jobs. Ford is leaner company now. And the company doesn't have to worry about certain legacy costs such as retiree medical, or new two tier hires getting a pension. Things are good now, but our CEO, president and other big shots a making millions on bonuses and getting raises, why not everyone get little raise?

Edited by kalel170
  • Like 1

I'm as prepared as i can be, although i dont think there will be a strike even if this is voted down. their are too many living check to check that see that "10k before the end of the year" and will vote yes. i think Ford has a contingency plan on what they'd offer up if this didnt pass.. and they'll laugh when this is passed because they didnt have to go that well.

Edited by Raws41900
  • Like 1