If I owned the company, I would fire all of you!

duhblow7

Without a union wouldnt the company want to be like the transplants? according to some people the transplants have it just as good as us without a union right?

The reason the transplants make as much as they do is because of our higher wages. Those companies do not want their workers joining a union. So they just keep the wages up close enough to make the workers content.

Edited by sez

The reason the transplants make as much as they do is because of our higher wages. Those companies do not want their workers joining a union. So they just keep the wages up close enough to make the workers content.

So youre saying by us demanding more, it's better for transplants too because they'll get more? sounds like a win win.

Edited by SU-FI

So youre saying by us demanding more, it's better for transplants too because they'll get more? sounds like a win win.

I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYONE ELSE MAKES . I AM GOOD WERE I AM AT FOR NOW. SURE I WOULD BE HAPPY TO GET SOMETHING MORE BUT WHEN I LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE I REALIZE THAT FOR THIS POINT IN TIME I AM OK WITH THE DEAL THAT THE IAUW IS RECOMMENDING THAT WE TAKE. BY VOTING NO YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU ARE ALSO WILLING TO STRIKE. TO ME AND A LOT OF OTHERS THAT IDEA IS JUST PLAIN FUCKING RETARDED RIGHT NOW. YOU MAY NOT FEEL THAT YOU ARE BEING GREEDY BUT THAT IS HOW IT LOOKS TO THE REST OF THE GOD DAMN WORLD. WHO WILL BE IN THE MINORITY THEN.

Edited by sez

The statement is true.

If this agreement is voted down we might as well plan on job losses because of market share losses. The general public and media will kill our jobs with negative reporting and buy from the transplants.

This is a good agreement and the buying public has no sympathy for our $28 per hour jobs with the best benefits and pension.

Our future is at risk with a no vote

I have never heard my friends or associates on the outside of the union talked bad against or about our benefits or pay.The general public with lives could care less about what's going on with our contract. I bet the majority of the public you guys speak of out of fear don't even buy America vehicles. Unions been getting bashed all over the country, they also spoke negative after we gave up concessions 4 years ago, so we are not exempted from union bashing.The general public and media don't kill jobs...Jobs are killed because large corporations moved them out of the country. Don't worry, it will pass 52%God Bless you, peace.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

The rest of the majority of Americans will be outraged and even if some of you NO people change your position it will be to late.

I bet the the people protesting on Wall Street right now won't be pissed because the majority of us don't agree with giving our ceo's millions while we havent seen a raise in years and are being asked to give more, after reading your repeated post whining about your finances your an under 10 yr person who has run his debt thru the roof surely someone told you when you joined a union shop that a strike was possible? Grow a set and move on your not changing opinions :banghead:

I bet the the people protesting on Wall Street right now won't be pissed because the majority of us don't agree with giving our ceo's millions while we havent seen a raise in years and are being asked to give more, after reading your repeated post whining about your finances your an under 10 yr person who has run his debt thru the roof surely someone told you when you joined a union shop that a strike was possible? Grow a set and move on your not changing opinions :banghead:

The majority of the people protesting on Wall Street don't necessarily represent the majority of new car buyers in America, and the majority of the American workforce is white collar and think Ford's CEO is a hero.

I have never heard my friends or associates on the outside of the union talked bad against or about our benefits or pay.The general public with lives could care less about what's going on with our contract. I bet the majority of the public you guys speak of out of fear don't even buy America vehicles. Unions been getting bashed all over the country, they also spoke negative after we gave up concessions 4 years ago, so we are not exempted from union bashing.The general public and media don't kill jobs...Jobs are killed because large corporations moved them out of the country. Don't worry, it will pass 52%God Bless you, peace.

Good for you. I'm happy that you never had to put up with a neighbor making verbal attacks against hourly autoworker, even knowing that your Dad was once one of them.

My next door neighbor, and I live in Westland, about ten minutes north of MAP, bought a Toyota Prius, in part because he can stand the UAW at his unionized parts supplier employer. Another neighbor is retired GM hourly, as he took a buyout two years ago, so he's as UAW as you are. They have TWO Toyota's. Another neighbor of mine and his wife took buyouts from Wayne Assembly two years ago, so some of you at MAP might guess who he and his mrs. are. He might own Ford cars but he told me that he thinks you guys are dreaming if you think no voting this contract is going to work. He was the nicest comment I heard. Last night, with a group of us watching the Tigers whoop the Rangers on TV, two of my neighbors, UPS drivers (therefore Teamsters) ripped you guys for your pay, your benefits and your attitudes, and these guys make more than you do!! That's"solidarity" for you!

You bet this and you bet that - try sell cars to people who have a shitty attitude about the UAW. See if you can hold your tongue long enough to close the sale. I'll bet you can't.

• Like 3

Good for you. I'm happy that you never had to put up with a neighbor making verbal attacks against hourly autoworker, even knowing that your Dad was once one of them.

My next door neighbor, and I live in Westland, about ten minutes north of MAP, bought a Toyota Prius, in part because he can stand the UAW at his unionized parts supplier employer. Another neighbor is retired GM hourly, as he took a buyout two years ago, so he's as UAW as you are. They have TWO Toyota's. Another neighbor of mine and his wife took buyouts from Wayne Assembly two years ago, so some of you at MAP might guess who he and his mrs. are. He might own Ford cars but he told me that he thinks you guys are dreaming if you think no voting this contract is going to work. He was the nicest comment I heard. Last night, with a group of us watching the Tigers whoop the Rangers on TV, two of my neighbors, UPS drivers (therefore Teamsters) ripped you guys for your pay, your benefits and your attitudes, and these guys make more than you do!! That's"solidarity" for you!

You bet this and you bet that - try sell cars to people who have a shitty attitude about the UAW. See if you can hold your tongue long enough to close the sale. I'll bet you can't.

"See if you can hold your tongue long enough to close the sale. I'll bet you can't."

I like that - good one. Well said!!

• Like 1

LEN, I am a salaried guy who works at Ford. I used to like the hourly members I deal with, but the people on this site, if they represent the majority of hourly Ford workers, we don't have a future if that is the case. They will destroy this Company for no good reason except they can. But, I see Ford replacing them if this trend continues.

LEN, I am a salaried guy who works at Ford. I used to like the hourly members I deal with, but the people on this site, if they represent the majority of hourly Ford workers, we don't have a future if that is the case. They will destroy this Company for no good reason except they can. But, I see Ford replacing them if this trend continues.

No you are just another shill having conversations with your 5 or 6 other I.D's on this board. Using scare tactics and bullshit to try and get others to vote for a shitty contract. Fortunately you won't be able to use your multiple BON id's at the voting booth :stirpot::ohsnap:

You are saleried person paid by Ford, wouldn't go so far as to say works. I have seen many lauches of new vehicles and added shifts over my career as a UNION WORKER, all of these were done in spite of the saleried not having a clue what was happening, The UNION WORKERS get the job done. If Ford fired all of the UNION WORKERS who would be left to train the several thousand untrained people coming into all these plants? Don't think for a minute that saleried people could do it.

Let's say you hire some dudes to mow your grass. They mow it for the season and do a good job. You are paying them more than any of the other mower dudes in the nation. The next year they demand that you give them a raise or they will strike and not mow your lawn. Would you give them a raise or hire some other dudes that mow just as well. Ridiculously easy answer. Get a clue and vote yes....until the wage of our competitor's workforce increases (which it should, but that is our government's fault and is another discussion), then demanding a raise is futile.

If I was 7 feet tall,I would play center in the NBA.No wait,they are going on strike.Okay if I had bought Apple stock at $25 a share,,,,I would not be wasting my time on this message board talking to the 'working-class' tuffs!{Pick my nose while staring at you guy,,,,slap my own ass smilin guy,,,,flap my arms like im flyin and running around in circles guy}IF----the biggest word in the dictionary.

Edited by Fatso

If I was 7 feet tall,I would play center in the NBA.No wait,they are going on strike.Okay if I had bought Apple stock at $25 a share,,,,I would not be wasting my time on this message board talking to the 'working-class' tuffs!{Pick my nose while staring at you guy,,,,slap my own ass smilin guy,,,,flap my arms like im flyin and running around in circles guy}IF----the biggest word in the dictionary.

LOL!!

Sounds like ur dumb ass neighbors didn't decide to by a Ford cause of our concessions in 08 then either. So tell them I said they are dumb fucks that have supported foreign economies and shit on their own Michigan economy. Seems like they are selfish dickbags and I don't care what the fuck they think of me cause they've already proven their ignorance in their reasons for buying products.

I'm sure they think Allen and Bill deserve $100,000,000 for the hard work they do at Ford tho... Ask ur neighbor if he's worried about his gas pedal sticking or the fact that Toyota made excuses while putting peoples lives at risk. So did you Len sit there and bad mouth your union brothers with them and call yourself overcompensated and tell them your glad you are taking concessions so they will buy a Ford next time...? I'm sure ur other neighbors who took a buyout didn't mind taking a generous union negotiated buyout. FYB Len...

• Like 1

wow is there a union for grass cutting? the union factor is the difference between this bad analogy and whats going on.

In your "story" did you have a choice in lawn care companies? (If you work at ford you cant just switch auto companies) did you have a contract with the lawn care company? (We do) did half way through the contract did the home owner demand you pay to paint his fence, clean his dog shit, and wash his car for the same price he was paying you? (our concessions) at contract time did the homeowner say he was broke and about to foreclose (Ford) yet his name was in the paper for inheriting millions of dollars? (Mulally)

Exactly!

Let's say you hire some dudes to mow your grass. They mow it for the season and do a good job. You are paying them more than any of the other mower dudes in the nation. The next year they demand that you give them a raise or they will strike and not mow your lawn. Would you give them a raise or hire some other dudes that mow just as well. Ridiculously easy answer. Get a clue and vote yes....until the wage of our competitor's workforce increases (which it should, but that is our government's fault and is another discussion), then demanding a raise is futile.

O.k so when is the last time you received a raise? Has it been 7 years, if so can you go another 4 without one? Is it really greedy to ask for a raise when the company makes a profit and rewards just one side of the company and not the other? Have you made concessions when your company was is need? Did you get a reward later after the company was on proper footing? If someone is going to buy foreign they will, period. Demand for the product that is made is the only thing that will drive profit,, it is doing just that. To reward your workers accordingly would be nice.

You outsiders are all alike, knowing little about the facts and listening to only what you want to hear. Bits and pieces of the news media will force the outsiders to be negative once again but hopefully they are learning that it trickles down my friend. Without us, there companies do not do well either.

How often are dentists, right now as we speak, begging us to come in for an appointment? Why? Because most who left the auto field no longer have benefits, they need patients because our healthcare is all they have. Before they hated us for having good healthcare, now they love us.

And that is a possibility. I don't think many of us have thought it through what would actually happen if this deal is rejected. This isn't a modification in which you have a contract and are making adjustments to it, this is the contract. Nothing to fall back on if it is rejected except a possible strike or lockout. We won't get more back at the table.

-Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

So I walk in to vote today oct 11,2011 and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy to vote no.

-Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

So I walk in to vote today oct 11,2011 and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy to vote no.

anybody can copy and paste. this has been posted over and over again.

O.k so when is the last time you received a raise? Has it been 7 years, if so can you go another 4 without one? Is it really greedy to ask for a raise when the company makes a profit and rewards just one side of the company and not the other? Have you made concessions when your company was is need? Did you get a reward later after the company was on proper footing? If someone is going to buy foreign they will, period. Demand for the product that is made is the only thing that will drive profit,, it is doing just that. To reward your workers accordingly would be nice.

You outsiders are all alike, knowing little about the facts and listening to only what you want to hear. Bits and pieces of the news media will force the outsiders to be negative once again but hopefully they are learning that it trickles down my friend. Without us, there companies do not do well either.

How often are dentists, right now as we speak, begging us to come in for an appointment? Why? Because most who left the auto field no longer have benefits, they need patients because our healthcare is all they have. Before they hated us for having good healthcare, now they love us.

Just to clarify, I started at Ford on the assembly line, became an Electrician and have worked in a ford factory for 20yrs. The plant where I hired in is closing so I have transferred to another. I moved my wife and children away from all of our family and friends to stay with Ford Motor Co. because I knew I would be unable to find a job elsewhere that even comes close to affording me the ability to provide for my family on my own. Please understand, there is a time to demand raises and a time to play it cool. With most all of our fellow Americans across the nation taking pay cuts and losing their jobs, this is NOT the time for demands.

We, as a nation, have allowed foreign companies to invade our economy and severely deteriorate our wages as Americans. Until the United States wakes up and realizes that the reason our economy is on a downward spiral is because we are purchasing all of our goods from China, Indonesia, Korea, etc..., then we have no hope of recovery and no hope of future employment anywhere. Even now, our leaders' solution is to open up more free trade agreements with third world countries in which the workers get paid only dollars a day.

The only way to save America is to make it illegal to import anything into the U.S. that can be made here.....period. Thousands of factories would flock back to the U.S and jobs would be plentiful. When our fellow Americans once again have a job and are making a good wage, THEN we can demand our raise.

• Like 2

wow is there a union for grass cutting? the union factor is the difference between this bad analogy and whats going on.

In your "story" did you have a choice in lawn care companies? (If you work at ford you cant just switch auto companies) did you have a contract with the lawn care company? (We do) did half way through the contract did the home owner demand you pay to paint his fence, clean his dog shit, and wash his car for the same price he was paying you? (our concessions) at contract time did the homeowner say he was broke and about to foreclose (Ford) yet his name was in the paper for inheriting millions of dollars? (Mulally)

In this "bad analogy", Ford is the homeowner, not the lawn care company. This is just a common sense story to remind people of their place in the workforce. Alot of my fellow employees seem to think they are owed something just for being alive. This is not our company...we don't own the factories...we just work for the guys that own it. If you don't like that you're getting paid top wages, then go work someplace else........If you want to make more, start your own business. Then you can let your employees tell you what their wage is going to be......good luck

• Like 1

thank you for your reply--this idiot is comparing apple to oranges--he must be a company man!!!! his analogy is just as dumb as people voting yes!!!!!

I've been an hourly ford employee for 20yrs. If you guys don't think you're getting paid adequately, then feel free to quit and pursue other ventures. Your apparent ignorance of basic economics is disturbing.

Edited by duhblow7
  • Like 1

I've been an hourly ford employee for 20yrs. If you guys don't think you're getting paid adequately, then feel free to quit and pursue other ventures. Your apparent ignorance of basic economics is disturbing.

Ok then we will take all your salary from you and spread it around to the hourly workers. Go back to the Solid house and push a broom and bring Alan his coffee.

Ok then we will take all your salary from you and spread it around to the hourly workers. Go back to the Solid house and push a broom and bring Alan his coffee.

You may want to reread my statement...I am hourly...I wear blue jeans, kevlar sleeves, and boots to work....and it's a very sexy outfit, I must say.