2013 Ford Escape World Debut

heres a fly in that ointment...Porsche 911.

the 911, which has been constantly evolving over the last 30 years. I would bet that with every goeneration no sheetmeatl was carried over, to the new generation.

the same with BMW, they look like BMWs, but they are always evolving, always changing, at least enough that buyers still want them.

with the XJ and to a an extent the Windows XP. you had a product that went generally unchanged well beyond it product lifecyle,

The while jaguar held fast to the original Microsoft made major changes to catch up.

eample from windows 95 to XP there have been win98, win98se, win ME between 1995 and 2001 there 4 os released by Microsoft. the gap between XP and it's replacement vista was 6 years. twice as long as it should have been.

while vista wasn't perfect the issue was people had become used to XP, and forgotten how to adapt to new OSs.

the Same thing is happening with the Escape, people have forgotten that the Escape's styling never evolved over the last decade, to represent a Modern CUV. this brings about revolutionary styling to catch up, this shocks some people, but if we follow the evolution of the CRV and the Rav4 it makes sense.

RAv 4

1998-2000

800px-98-00_Toyota_RAV4_4door.jpg

2000-2003

800px-Toyota_RAV4_Limited.jpg

CRV

1995-2001

800px-1st-Honda-CR-V_.jpg

2002-2006

800px-02-04_Honda_CR-V_EX_.jpg

2007-2011

800px-2007-2009_Honda_CR-V_%28RE_MY2007%29_Sport_wagon_01.jpg

2012-Honda-CR-V-445.jpg

eample from windows 95 to XP there have been win98, win98se, win ME between 1995 and 2001 there 4 os released by Microsoft. the gap between XP and it's replacement vista was 6 years. twice as long as it should have been.

while vista wasn't perfect the issue was people had become used to XP, and forgotten how to adapt to new OSs.

The changes between Windows 95/98/98SE and ME are minimal...there wasn't any huge changes to the UI. If anything, ME was a step backwards from 98 or 95.

XP was an update from Windows 2000...which had the UI from Windows 95/98, but under the UI it was more secure and stable then Windows 95/98

Vista changed things in UI just to change them and took step back in user interface....it didn't improve anything in day to day usage to the user

Windows 8 wasn't as big of a shock to people since it fixed some of the issues Vista had, but still had crappy UI Vista had...the only Vista/W8 had going was they made Windows Explorer Prettier looking, not functional

the Same thing is happening with the Escape, people have forgotten that the Escape's styling never evolved over the last decade, to represent a Modern CUV. this brings about revolutionary styling to catch up, this shocks some people, but if we follow the evolution of the CRV and the Rav4 it makes sense.

If anything, the 2005 to 2008 Redesign de-evolved the Escape from that CUV look:

2001-04 Escape:

2001-04_Ford_Escape.jpg

2005-2007 Escape:

2005-2007_Ford_Escape.jpg

2008-2012 Escape

wpid-64688146-Houston-Texas-2008-Ford-Escape.jpg

2013 Escape

post-11015-0-87238400-1322069379_thumb.jpg

If anything the 2013 Model has more in common with the 2001-2007 Models

The 2008-2012 models share their styling with the 2002-2011 Explorer

The 2008 Escape was also following the trend of Ford NA at the time, which was "Urban Tough", or something along those lines. Essentially that era focused on creating design that looked more industrial, which I actually really liked from that era and I'm going to miss the opportunity for Ford to have taken that design to the next level with all new NA designed cars. Ford now moves to its global Kinetic language which is proving to be popular with consumers anyway, we'll see. The new Escape definitely isn't sophisticated design, but it's alluring.

Edited by BORG

the Head lights are even cooler in person and that looks like a titanium tail light

Maybe these different tail lights are an appearance package such as the "Individual" exterior packages Ford Europe has been offering

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-ford-escape/full/#photo-4608221

or Titanium X option package.

Here is a pic of the current Kuga with the exterior Individual Package

Geneva09-58.jpg

http://individual.fordmedia.eu/

Edited by MKII

Ford now moves to its global Kinetic language which is proving to be popular with consumers anyway, we'll see.

Is it?

I don't think we have enough sales data to accurately assert if the Kinetic language is resonating with consumers. I think the in-car tech is a bigger draw for Ford than the universal design language....but we will never know.

I think new Fords would sell (here in NA) just as well or better with unique NA design language and the same fuel economy/technology benefits than Kinetic styled vehicles.

Idk, I think I almost like the Kuga better than the new Escape...

Aren't they the exact same? Or are you comparing the 2013 Escape to the 2008+ Kuga?

If compared to the 2008, it's a horse apiece. I don't think either are particularly attractive...but then, something about the gaping maw of the Kinetic design language bothers me...always has. I much prefer the lower opening of the Falcon or Taurus/Fusion. It doesn't look so cartoonish.

Edited by Boss444

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...